Dual Screen DVD Player.$89.99

Deal Grabber

got the dual DVD players today. She was super sweet and credited the $40 in shipping back immediately and sent me the return label by email. She was much nicer than the witch from yesterday

So it wasn't too great? I am still waiting for mine. They told me to call back when I receive it. If it is a good one I think it is still a good price but the shipping is outrageous.

I got mine on Tuesday and sent it back today. In order to get reimbursed for shipping I had to argue with the rep about TRU misleading us about the product, and after 5 minutes of explaining the situation, the rep emailed me a return shipping label that she says should be used to return the item free of charge. Hopefully, I won't have a problem when it comes to them crediting this back to my Visa.

I got mine today. I called right away. I am not sure if my husband wants to keep it. He is away, but for sure I am not paying $40 shipping. The customer service put in a request for reimbursement for the shipping and if we decide to return it we will not have to pay the return shipping. That would be the only fair thing to do. She agreed right away that the shipping was outrageous for this. It was priced for a 40lb item, which it is not. Just waiting for an email response from that department. TRU is such a problem!

So it wasn't too great? I am still waiting for mine. They told me to call back when I receive it. If it is a good one I think it is still a good price but the shipping is outrageous.

it's not that it sucks, it's that it's not what I needed. I need a little TV--not a monitor :) My mom is in a rehab nursing home type thing and she is tired of her neighbor's judge shows LOL

After about twenty minutes with customer service, we got a refund for $20.00 towards the shipping.

I got the full $40 refunded immediately--it's already pending on my card. If I keep this now, I'll only have paid $82 something LOL Too bad I can't justify keeping it. I don't need it. I never use the portable DVD player I already have LOL I am still waiting for the email with the return label. It still hasn't come. I'm going to try the store return thing this weekend and see if I can return it that way.

Well, I didn't get my credit for the $40 shipping. When I called back I was told that the supervisor did not okay the credit because he says that is the correct charge. No one bothered to call me. I told the customer service rep to please look for a smart supervisor because some of them seem quite lacking in common sense. Now this supervisor says the shipping goes by size. So ridiculous. I told them in that case I got larger boxes from TRU for less shipping. He finally said he would take off $25 for the shipping if I decided to keep it. I am waiting for my husband to come back from his trip.

I finally told the customer service rep that common courtesy would have been to reimburse the full shipping considering I was sold one item and shipped another. I pretty much told her that the supervisors there can be quite stupid. I didn't want to call back and get one of those again. Goodwill judgement would have been for a full reimbursement. There must be some legal ramifications for wrong advertising. If the right supervisor had been there I would have gotten the full $40. The only reason we might be keeping it is because this still might be a good price for the 7 inch. Any opinions on this?

Honestly in your situation I would call back and threaten to contact the BBB. You were sold the wrong item and charged way too much for shipping. If that does not work then report them to the BBB.

I completely agree.

You can also try disputing the charge on your credit card. They did not send you what you ordered. It was their fault.

Yes, I do know I am in my full rights. I am waiting for my husband to return from his trip to decide if it is worth the $89 as we do want a dvd player for the car for baby daughter on long road trips. She loves to watch Mickey Mouse. I still think the $15 shipping with the $25 reimbursement is still too much. The last rep promised me the full $40 back as a courtesy. That would have bee good business. This is about the third time I have had problems with TRU. What is going on there? Maybe there supervisors lack common sense. It all depends on which one you get when you call. I am sending a letter to head office about this. Surely they must care about public relations?

Congratulations!! Unfortunately, once corporate gets wind of a personable CS rep, she'll be terminated on the spot.:rolleyes:

Really? Why do you say this? I would think any business would want personable reps. I wonder if the one who offered me full shipping reimbursement got in trouble.

I finally told the customer service rep that common courtesy would have been to reimburse the full shipping considering I was sold one item and shipped another. I pretty much told her that the supervisors there can be quite stupid. I didn't want to call back and get one of those again. Goodwill judgement would have been for a full reimbursement. There must be some legal ramifications for wrong advertising. If the right supervisor had been there I would have gotten the full $40. The only reason we might be keeping it is because this still might be a good price for the 7 inch. Any opinions on this?

If it is indeed a Dual Screen & inch monitor AND it has a rechargeable battery, it is a great price. The lowest price for one of these in the last few months was about $124.00 and I don't know if it had a battery or not. If it doesn't have the battery, then it is an OKAY deal.

If anyone doesnt want to return it to TRU, I would be willing to buy it for the $89.99 price and I can even send you a preprinted label from my fedex account for shipping to make it easy for you! Just send me a PM

We would consider that but if I return it to TRU they said they would give me a full refund on the shipping. It doesn't seem from the response here that many bought it though. Maybe it will come up again because the only reason I think they took it off was because of the mess up in description.

• 1 month later...
I am still waiting for my refund for the stupid DVD player. I've been calling them incessantly and they claim that it's a Google Checkout problem. I am so tired of this. I'm never shopping at Toysrus.com again. It's just not worth the hassle!

• 7 months later...