Going To Hawaii

I am going to Hawaii in April, and was wondering if anyone knows of any deals websites that I can go to for food deals, or attraction deals. I checked Restaurants.com, but they had nothing for Hawaii. Can anyone help me with this one?

Knowing which island(s) you're going to would help. :)

As a former state resident, I can tell you that you will never eat better tasting tropical fruit than what you'll get at open air markets there. Mango, papaya, and pineapples all have a flavor that can never be matched by a green one picked for a supermarket.

Knowing which island(s) you're going to would help. :)

As a former state resident, I can tell you that you will never eat better tasting tropical fruit than what you'll get at open air markets there. Mango, papaya, and pineapples all have a flavor that can never be matched by a green one picked for a supermarket.

Thanks for the info. Any tips or suggestions you can give me would be appreciated. This will be our first trip there. We are going to Oahu, and staying on Waikiki Beach.

The fast food places in Waikiki are very expensive. There is a buffet place that is fantastic, wish I could remember the name. I would try to eat outside of the heavy tourist area, maybe go up to Pearl Ridge and hit the places there. There is a fantastic Mexican restaurant across from Pearl Ridge Mall next to Dennys that is wonderful.

The fast food places in Waikiki are very expensive. There is a buffet place that is fantastic, wish I could remember the name. I would try to eat outside of the heavy tourist area, maybe go up to Pearl Ridge and hit the places there. There is a fantastic Mexican restaurant across from Pearl Ridge Mall next to Dennys that is wonderful.

Thank you for the suggestion. Any suggestions on places to go for the most authentic food? It would be nice to experiance Hawaii at the root of Hawaii, not the touristic places of dining. Like you said, get away from the expensive tourist areas. Where would I go to experiance the best, yet inexpensive Luau? I really appreciate any information anyone can provide. Thanks again.

There are many options for Luau's on the island. I thought a place called Cybee's had the best Hawaiian food. But honestly there weren't a lot of Hawaiian style eateries there. In International Marketplace there was one that also had good food, poi, fish and such you may want to start there. and make sure you hit dole pineapple factory on the North Shore the Pineapple Ice Cream was unbelievable.

Try buying the Entertainment Book, that may help. If you give me your price range and how many people, adults and children, I'll come up with some info for you. We are currently stationed on Oahu and I'll get you as much info as I can. We will be going to the Big Island(Island of Hawaii) next week for 5 days for Spring break. If you contact me before then, I'll try and hook you up with info. Make sure to tell me your dates. :)

Try buying the Entertainment Book, that may help. If you give me your price range and how many people, adults and children, I'll come up with some info for you. We are currently stationed on Oahu and I'll get you as much info as I can. We will be going to the Big Island(Island of Hawaii) next week for 5 days for Spring break. If you contact me before then, I'll try and hook you up with info. Make sure to tell me your dates. :)

It is my wife and I that will be going for 11 days. We will be there from April 10-April 21. We are guessing just by looking at the prices of different things on the internet that we will probably spend a couple grand on food and intertainment while we are there. It sounds like things are fairly expensive there, which is why I'm looking for the best deal on food and attractions. I'm also looking for things to do or see that you would recommend. As I said above, this will be our first trip there, so any tips would help. Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated.

I can send you the entertainment or lifestyle section from the paper and fliers if you'd like. There are always tours that you can take. I really like the Polynesian Cultural Center. I hope that I didn't butcher that too bad. There you'll learn about other islands and their way of life, as well as have a show and dinner. Pearl Harbour is also a must. Diamond Head comes too mind also. There are some places here and ther that give discounts if you have AAA. You can sometimes catch specials going to the Big Iwsland where you can see the Black Sand Beach, as well as the volcano erupt. You can pick up souveniers from Aloha Stadium vs the tourist spots. I'll gather some things for you tomorrow.

Check out Kailua beach they have small stands that sell tshirts and such very cheap like 10 for 20. And it is beautiful. Also Waimea bay is great for taking in waves and surfers. This isn't the high season but there will still be some great action from nature. And GO HUSKERS!!! Although right now it is more GO CREIGHTON!!!

You might want to take a look at the Go Oahu Card at www.gocardusa.com. We have used them in several different cities. They also help in planning your itinerary for the trip. It even comes with a guide book of the city. You will love it there. Its beautiful. We also went in April. As for the dinning there are lots of places to choose from. I think we ate breakfast at Denny's every morning. And if you hike up Diamond Head be sure to wear comfortable shoes and take bottled water. Its beautiful up there but I will not do it again. My calves hurt for 2 days after that. The food and entertainment at the luau's is excellent. Pearl Habour is a must. Have a safe trip and enjoy.

Things to do:

Sunset Cruise, we boarded the boat thingie kinda in front of dukes on the beach, it was absolutely wonderful, they give free drinks while your out. Go to Trip Adviser and search on the hawaii sites for honolulu area, i did alot of research and had a great trip, the entertainment book had coupons $off at pearl harbor, and discounts for several luaus' the book oahu revealed is a great help, can get at the book stores or amazon, etc. We climbed diamond head early, but it was July 05. Drove around to the north shore, thats worth the trip in itself, a couple of hours up the coast. Pearl Harbor, arrive early 10ish. There is so much to see and do, dont let them scare you about driving in Honolulu, once you figured out the streets it was no problem. I know there is alot more. I had a wonderful trip and cant wait to go back again.

just be prepared that the food in hawaii have totally different taste than they are in the mainland.. even the texture... if you go to chinese restaurants and order chow mein they do not look anything like pasta noodles, There is a mom and pop restaurant that has been there for a very long time in I think kapahulu that serves authentic hawaiian food... but there is also usually a long line .. It's been a while since I've been back home.. What you want to do is stay away from the tourist area if you want to hit local food even Zippys... have great food! ... Ask the ppl that work in the hotel workers is your best bet!