Official Sweepstakes and Contest Tips Thread

Please post tips and suggestions about entering Sweepstakes and Contest.

IWG - Instant Win Game

1X - One time entry

EFT - Entered for today

EFTW - entered for this week

Why Do Companies Run Contests and Sweepstakes?

Sweepstakes Etiquette - How to Be a Courteous Sweeper

Top 10 Tips to Improve Your Chances of Winning Sweepstakes

How To How to Reduce Spam Email from Entering Sweepstakes

How To Beat Sweepstakes Burnout and Stay Motivated to Win Prizes

How to use google autofill

How to use Roboform

How to use the prefixes

Scroll to bottom of forum under display options and choose either Daily, 1X, Monthly, Weekly, no prefix, or any prefix.

To view all threads make sure any prefix is chosen

To view IWG's choose no prefix

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/happysunshine28/displayoptions.jpg

Edited by happysunshine28

how exactly do you print a screen shot?

I just click on the print button on my toolbar. It has worked for me every time. On my IE7 toolbar it is set up as the 3rd button to the right (home, rss feeds, then the print button).

You could also go to file on the top right then click on print.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a question-Are those of you who are winning using mutiple email addresses? I don't have the time/energy to open more than one account, but I never win and am thinking there's gotta be more that people are doing to be so lucky.

I have a question-Are those of you who are winning using mutiple email addresses? I don't have the time/energy to open more than one account, but I never win and am thinking there's gotta be more that people are doing to be so lucky.

I would hate to see how many hours it would take to enter all the contest more than once a day. The only thing I know to tell you is be careful on entering multiple email addresses, some of the sweeps state one per household, or once daily per household. Some have said per IP address. Pay attention to the rules so you dont disqualify yourself and all the work you put into entering.

I only use one email address and I have won plenty of times. Mostly small things, but I did win a $1000 gift certificate once. You just have to keep trying and enter them as often as you have time. Good luck!

Do you guys notice if you typically win at a certain time of day? It seems that I never win during daylight hours.

No. I usually play when my kids are napping (between 1 and 3:00 pm) and sometimes in the early evening after they go to bed.

• 3 weeks later...

This is more of a question, and I have tried posting it in the question thread but I think it keeps getting lost amidst all of these great IWG's.

How do you edit your information in AutoFill? I can't seem to figure that one out. I know it's probably very simple and I'll kick myself for not figuring it out.

TIA

This is more of a question, and I have tried posting it in the question thread but I think it keeps getting lost amidst all of these great IWG's.

How do you edit your information in AutoFill? I can't seem to figure that one out. I know it's probably very simple and I'll kick myself for not figuring it out.

TIA

Heres what I replied to on the questions thread, you probably didnt see it, it was several days after you posted it, because it got bumped.

If you are refering to google autofill all you have to do is click on setting on the google bar and then options. You will see the autofill so you can edit it. That is the only one I know about, hope that helps.

• 5 months later...

I'm new to the whole sweeps thing but this is the system i've devised and have found it to be a great time saver. Once you've found one of the sweeps you're set on entering every day till it is over, paste the link into notepad. The list will fill up quick and you won't have to scour the forums all day. Entering around fifty to sixty everyday only takes me about thirty minutes and has made me a big fan of ctrl+C and ctrl+v. When the sweeps is over it is as easy as highlighting the url and deleting it from the list.

Using firefox with multiple tabs also speeds things up.

I also added the add-on (redundant, I know), AutoFill Forms, where I only have to press alt+j, and for the most part I only have to add my birthday, gender, and/or apt number.

Any games that require codes just tab over after the url and enter it there so it is handy.

I still visit the forum about once a day that i'm playing to check for new sweeps and single entry.

screenshot

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/mmd83/sweeps.jpg

• 1 month later...

This isnt a tip on winning, but a tip on posting contest. Lately some contest havent been coming up in searches so I thought there might be a reason. If anyone post a re-post dont get discouraged if you searched and couldn't find it. Here is an example of why this may happen:

May not show up in search

"Christmas Wish List" Sweepstakes

IWG-Christmas Wish List Sweepstakes

Will Show Up Most the time

Christmas Wish List Sweepstakes

IWG - Christmas Wish List Sweepstakes

Sometimes even a simple 's at the end of a name like Womans Day's instead of Womans Day will not show up in searches.

I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
I am new to this whole sweepstakes thing. Just got started while looking for BF deals. So apologies if this has been discussed before. I do have a very handy program for filling out most of the sweepstakes forms. I use Roboform, it has every kind of information prestored, even stuff like age, male or female, etc and will fill them in the appropriate spaces with one click. I have the paid version, but I think the free version has some of those features. You can download it for free at download.com etc. It is a password filler, but has this handy form filler also. I think there are about 100 different fields you can prefill, and several different identities. I have one specifically for these sweepstakes that doesnt' use my cellphone number, and uses my spam email address etc.

• 1 month later...

I am new to this whole sweepstakes thing. Just got started while looking for BF deals. So apologies if this has been discussed before. I do have a very handy program for filling out most of the sweepstakes forms. I use Roboform, it has every kind of information prestored, even stuff like age, male or female, etc and will fill them in the appropriate spaces with one click. I have the paid version, but I think the free version has some of those features. You can download it for free at download.com etc. It is a password filler, but has this handy form filler also. I think there are about 100 different fields you can prefill, and several different identities. I have one specifically for these sweepstakes that doesnt' use my cellphone number, and uses my spam email address etc.

Yeah, but doesn't it also download alot of spyware and stuff on your computer? I used to use gator and it did that alot. Google is safer, I think.

Yeah, but doesn't it also download alot of spyware and stuff on your computer? I used to use gator and it did that alot. Google is safer, I think.

No I have absolutely no spyware etc. I check almost daily with Adaware and Spybot. I have the paid version but used to use the free version before I started doing these sweepstakes. I have about 60 contests I enter every day and it takes me less than 1 1/2 hrs.

I know Gator used to be really bad about this when I used that for just a short while back when it was popular.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick questions on the IWGs....

If you click skip game or click the link that says see if you are winner. Does that usually mean you won't win or should you always play the game it has? Does this make sense? Some of the games I just don' t want to play so I click Can't see game.. See if Im a winner

Do you think this makes a difference, or no?

Quick questions on the IWGs....

If you click skip game or click the link that says see if you are winner. Does that usually mean you won't win or should you always play the game it has? Does this make sense? Some of the games I just don' t want to play so I click Can't see game.. See if Im a winner

Do you think this makes a difference, or no?

I mostly click that especially when the game is slow loading. I have won after clicking that before.