where to buy a new mattress set?

dh and i have the same mattress set we got as a hand me down 8 years ago. its time for a new one since the springs are starting to pop out and my back constantly hurts when i lay in different positions. i told dh if he let me pick out a new bed, he can pick out a new mattress. we belong to sams club so i am going to look there, but anyone else know where we can get a deal on one or which brand is the best?

i think this might be a challenge since he likes rock hard mattresses and i like the ones you can just sink into. thanks!

I would check Big Lots...they had good prices last I checked. We already had a memory foam mattress, but we just bought a queen sized bed from them (nice oak 4 poster bed w/ headboard, foot board and wooden frame) for $249 because they had the 20% off coupon. Regular for it is 299, but I am not sure how much the mattresses are, but it can't hurt to call or go by and check. They may have the prices online too.

Good luck

I bought my King size Sterns and Foster (all 3 pcs) from Sticks and Stuff for 450.00. I also bought a couch and ottoman so he threw in teh bed frame for free (i asked ;) )

I buy most of my furniture items from them and suggest them to everyone who is looking for furniture. YOu can haggle prices and of course since I am a die hard gottasdealer I love that!

we got ours at Costco. Queen with a pillow top. I cant remember the exact amount, but I know it beat everyone else's deals they had going on. Being presidents day weekend, this is a good time to look around. You might find a steal.

(Definately look at Sams club though.)

BTW, they have those numbers beds.. LOL

MATTRESS WAREHOUSE.... see if theres one in your area.....GREAT PRICES AND THEY WILL PRICE MATCH (AND BARGAIN)...free delivery too!

HAPPY HUNTING......

The SAM'S here mattresses are decent price and quality but you have to buy the boxspring sep...which tacks on an addt'l 200+ tax

Look for a furniture outlet store near you and you should be able to find a good deal. For example in my area I have a JCPenny's Furniture Outlet, Value City Furniture Outlet, and a Sofa Express Outlet. All these stores carry mattresses at a great discount. I personally bought my last bed at Value City Furniture and got a great deal.

I just got this in an email from Big lots

Deep Sleep. Deeper Discounts.

Buy any Serta twin, full or queen mattress, and you'll get the matching

foundation for just $5.

For example:

Serta Arrington queen mattress $179.99

Foundation + $5

= $184.99

You Save: $114.99

http://view.exacttarget.com/?ffcb10-fe861d787d65047473-fdf3107277600d787014747c-ff051671756403

(You may have to log in to the Buzz Club to view it.)

I just got this in an email from Big lots

Deep Sleep. Deeper Discounts.

Buy any Serta twin, full or queen mattress, and you'll get the matching

foundation for just $5.

For example:

Serta Arrington queen mattress $179.99

Foundation + $5

= $184.99

You Save: $114.99

http://view.exacttarget.com/?ffcb10-fe861d787d65047473-fdf3107277600d787014747c-ff051671756403

(You may have to log in to the Buzz Club to view it.)

thanks! i just seen this in my email too! I havent been able to get into the town where there is the big lots, but i think i might try tomorrow. thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...