winn dixe

sappy

I have found many times that WD's BOGO sales, and Albertson's 10 for $10 sales actually aren't all that great because the prices are jacked up.

For example, b/s chicken breasts may be $4.99 for the first pound at WD, and then the second pound is free. But I can find b/s chicken breasts on sale at Publix fairly regularly for $1.49/lb. So I'm actually paying more at the WD 'sale.'

Many times the items featured in the Albertsons 10 for $10 sales are selling for about 79 cents each retail at Publix. It really does pay to know your prices on items, and not base your savings on what the receipt print out says you saved.

I got 2 NY strips and 2 ribeyes for $15. I got two packages of chicken breast for $7. I got 4 cases of Nursery Water for $5. I got 10 pot pies for $5. I got 4 boxes of microwave popcorn for $5. I got two bottles of A-1 Steak Sauce for $2.89. I got two cataloupes for $2.99. I got two boxes of Post cereal for $3.89. Two jars of salsa for $1.99...etc....

It all depends on being a good shopper. Publix tends to be higher on meats and cheaper on canned goods (than WD). I like to buy the WD meat when they mark it down -- something Publix never does.

Be a careful shopper. We have a Wal-Mart, too and they are sometimes higher than Publix or WD! It all depends.

:yup:

What eisens said.

WD can have good deals on meat. But I still always double check the cost per pound and divide it by two, to determine if it is actually a good buy or not.

I almost never buy meat at Wal-Mart. I find I am paying for a lot of saline solution instead of meat when I purchase their meat products.

I have to watch out for bad bacon & lunchmeat at our WD. I haven't had a problem with meat though. They are doing a lot better since the big makeover ad campaign.

Walmarts meat just looks funny and Publix meat is more expensive usually. I really like to stock up on meat when we go to Sams. They have the best pork ribs!!