Need a noise machine (white noise nature sound etc)

http://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-SS-4000-Classic-Deluxe-Machine/dp/B0001W01L0/sr=8-2/qid=1170527368/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-2594894-4318509?ie=UTF8&s=hpc

HoMedics SS-4000 Sound Spa Classic Deluxe Clock Radio & Sound Machine

Other products by HoMedics

(97 customer reviews)

Price: $26.88 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Homedics-SS-400B-HoMedics-SoundSpa/dp/B000050FF2/sr=8-3/qid=1170527837/ref=pd_bbs_3/102-2594894-4318509?ie=UTF8&s=hpc

HoMedics SoundSpa

Other products by Homedics

(57 customer reviews)

Price: $18.20

Does NOT qualify for free shipping.

________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-Envirascape-Illuminated-Rainforest-Fountain/dp/B000F3SKTU/sr=8-38/qid=1170527615/ref=sr_1_38/102-2594894-4318509?ie=UTF8&s=hpc

HoMedics Envirascape Calming Rains Illuminated Rainforest Fountain, Wood Grain

(1 customer review)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price: $29.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

My kids have always slept with a box fan on. It is driving their asthma crazy, any good deals on these things anywhere? Cheapest I found is 24.99 with 10 shipping. Thanks

That's a good price considering it has a radio! I have one like that without the radio I got from Freecycle and I love it! Another cheap option is to buy a CD with sounds on it. I've been tempted to get the thunderstorm one.

http://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-SS-4000-Classic-Deluxe-Machine/dp/B0001W01L0/sr=8-2/qid=1170527368/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-2594894-4318509?ie=UTF8&s=hpc

HoMedics SS-4000 Sound Spa Classic Deluxe Clock Radio & Sound Machine

(97 customer reviews)

Price: $26.88 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

This one is pretty neat as it also has a projection clock that projects onto the ceiling.

I have a CD that plays rain that I just put on a loop every night.

Started back in college when my roommate and I realized that when we slept with the fan on we didn't disturb each other so much in the morning, but it was too cold in the winter for the fan. So we got the rain CD, and nearly 10 years later, I still sleep with it every night :D

I have a co-worker with kids that uses a rock tumbler.

So - its a craft activity and has the same effect for white noise as a fan.

If you live where there is:

AC Moore (Sunday circular, or On-line newsletter subscription)

Michaels (Sunday circular)

Hobby Lobby (On-line newsletter subscription)

use the 40% of one regular priced item coupon for a great deal!

:fishing:

http://www.amazon.com/Fan-Noise-White-CD/dp/B000CR30A8

Product Description

Product Description

This recording contains one common household three blade fan running on high; lightly processed and mixed with our digital white noise. If you find the sound of a fan soothing but also want the qualities of white noise; then you will love white fan. It's like having a fan with a volume control. Turn it down or use your equalizer to get a variation of fan sounds. If you need masking noise but are afraid that pure white noise might sound too clinical and unnatural; this is a great alternative. Played at a low background volume, it can blend in with your environment and seem more natural than pure noise. This is great if used in an environment where you will have a lot of visitors/customers but want something that blends into the background a bit better. White Fan is lightly mixed with our digital white noise to help improve its noise masking abilities and uses. White noise is generally known for its use in sound conditioners and sleep machines. White Noise is generally used to reduce or mask distractions from sudden or constant noises. Many people like to sleep, nap, meditate, or study while playing white Noise in the background. To use White Fan: simply play at a comfortable listening level (slightly louder than external noises and distractions) to help mask unpleasant noises using a more pleasant fan sound. We generate the Digital White noise used in White Fan using a software/hardware based system to directly generate a digital image. The fan was recorded in an isolation studio booth using the latest quality microphones and recording hardware; then recorded directly to disk (digitally), and mixed and mastered in the digital domain. This attention to quality creates a recording that is as close to the original sound(s) as possible.