Linksys WRT54G (or GS)

Scott

Ok...

I have a friend who is visiting the states right now. He is going to bring me back a WRT54G or (GS) router.

Where is the best deal currently so I can let him know?

Edit: He will be buying in the next day or two... Right now, the best we have is Staples for $50 AR

So far $70 AR is the best price I have seen, I'd say go for it.

Yeah... that is what I told him.

There are rumors that you can find it for that price at Walmart or Sam's Club without a rebate. If that is the case, I would rather go that router (pun intended).

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...

Sorry to turn this into a "brag" thread, but....

So my friend was picking this router for me up in the states. I told him to go ahead and try to get the GS version.

He was getting it in Portland (no sales tax) and decided to go to Office Depot instead since it was closer than Staples. He went there, and they had the GS version. He told them that the routers were on sale and if they would pricematch to Staples. They guy called Staples to confirm, and we ended up getting the GS version of the router for $55 and still have $20 of rebates to send in!

I won't be upset if I don't get the rebates... I think that the Office Depot guys must have pricematched the GS router against the G router. I felt almost bad, but it is here now, and working great!

In all, $35 AR is a steal for this router!

:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...