Need Futon for college room

are we looking for mainly sitting (couch) or sleeping? Just a mattress- or frame too? Futons are one of those things around campus that get passed along, and with patience can be gotten for free.

If it is not for sleeping on - walmart or kmart - or the like - tend to have them for under or about $100. They are not particularly comfortable, tho.

If hes going to be sleeping on it DONT get the black one ya always see with the metal frame.Its HORRIBLE.Like sleeping on a sleeping bag.Wears out FAST and goes flat.Invest a little more money and get a wooded one with a box style mattress.I have had both and like i said black is HORRIBLE i have now have the wooden one for about 7 years and its still like brand new.Gets slept on everynight.BTW got it at sleppys.

Thanks everyone!! I knew if anyone would know where to find one, it would be you guys!! Thanks again for all your help. I think we will go with the wood frame one from Ikea, 159.99 shippped and looks really nice. He will use it for sitting most of the time, but will also be used for sleeping. He has two years to go so I hate the idea of it wearing out before he leaves school.Thanks again!!!

Thanks everyone!! I knew if anyone would know where to find one, it would be you guys!! Thanks again for all your help. I think we will go with the wood frame one from Ikea, 159.99 shippped and looks really nice. He will use it for sitting most of the time, but will also be used for sleeping. He has two years to go so I hate the idea of it wearing out before he leaves school.Thanks again!!!

:gd_twocen

I find that the 'best' cover for washing is sold at Bed Bath and Beyond.

It's made out of cotton and retails for ~30.00 (get your 20% coupon!)

Some covers are made of materials that do not wash well, or are very expensive.

Also - put an allergenic mattress liner on under the cover... It will help the cover slide on and off.

:gd_twocen

I find that the 'best' cover for washing is sold at Bed Bath and Beyond.

It's made out of cotton and retails for ~30.00 (get your 20% coupon!)

Some covers are made of materials that do not wash well, or are very expensive.

Also - put an allergenic mattress liner on under the cover... It will help the cover slide on and off.

Great idea on the use of a mattress liner!!! THANKS, I love things that make cleaning easier. I would never had thought of this, but I will use it.