Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I went today and found

Men's shirts 50% off @ 8.40 for XXL

Swim suit top for 3.74

Swim suit bottom for 3.74

Gilette Fusion raxors w/ cart and gel for 6.78

2 deck of cards w/ dice for 1.88

Great day! I wished I had more time than my lunch break!

Here is the bathing suit I picked up. For only $7.00 buck!!!!!

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ACPRCWKJL._SS260_.jpg

I love Target clearance but the best is when you need something and find it. I went in for PJ's for my son and found a four piece set (2 top/2 bottoms) for 3.24! Only one set in the size I needed (3T) but lots in 18m. I needed juice too and found the $.69 ones. Yea!

I got my daughter a set of these. You can beat the price!

Went to today to one of the Targets near me. Saw wicker baskets, like for organizing, for 75% off-about $3.24 or so. Saw the black ottoman's that the top comes off for 75% as well. I think they were $24 or $25.

I have a question for whoever would like to answer so that way we have a better idea of when to find the deals. Do you find your deals usually in the morning, afternoon, or evening?

I usually hit the store around 11am and usually find some good stuff.

Went to today to one of the Targets near me. Saw wicker baskets, like for organizing, for 75% off-about $3.24 or so. Saw the black ottoman's that the top comes off for 75% as well. I think they were $24 or $25.

I have a question for whoever would like to answer so that way we have a better idea of when to find the deals. Do you find your deals usually in the morning, afternoon, or evening?

When I am planning a trip,I usually try to be there as close to 8am as possible. At our store the night stockers do alot of the stickers and unloading the clearance stuff from other stores. I will say tho,there has been times when I needed to run to the store and of course its always super target in the afternoon and have found things.. so who knows!!!!

I find my deals early..but I have to be careful to not be too early too. One day I picked up something and wandered a bit. When I checked out it had been marked down 75%. Went back and got another! LOL

It really depends....wish there was a hard and fast rule!

I try to gauge the time of day a department gets marked down most of the time. They do vary a bit, but, for example, baby clothes almost always get marked down just before they open, or just as they open. So, if I am watching something in that department, I try to be there when they open on the day they should be doing the next markdown. That isn't to say I don't sometimes miss things, but I find it is helpful to try this. Some days they have a lot in one department and that slows them down a bit, so I have to go back. Fortunately, one store is within walking distance of my house, and the other is a couple of blocks from DS school, so it isn't a big deal to swing in a second time.

:)

Thanks all for your responses. I know things vary. But I was just thinking that maybe we might see a pattern if lots of people informed us of what time of day they find the best deals.

See, I would wonder if I would find just recently marked down items right as they opened because I have seen, well, at least once, that a marked down is done around 10:30am (this was when the lady was marking down toys).

Rachel Ray pan set 75% off today at my Target. Regular $180 marked down to $45.

I went to my local Target in Shawnee and they were out!:no: I hit 2 more and they were still 30% off. I wish all Targets marked down there items at the same time!!:(

I go to the stores almost everyday. I am there at 8:00

I have been told that at other stores (not Target) that they start marking stuff down

at 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning.

One place told me they start at 5:00 a.m. and are done at 1:00 p.m.

At Target a clerk told me that they mark stuff down all day long.

I always get there when they open and you can see that have marked down things that

were on the markdown schedule for that day.( I live in Utah)

I went to my local Target in Shawnee and they were out!:no: I hit 2 more and they were still 30% off. I wish all Targets marked down there items at the same time!!:(

The pan sets did go directly from 30% to 75% off here, so I would keep watching.

The pan sets did go directly from 30% to 75% off here, so I would keep watching.

Thanks, I will go out again tomorrow. I bought this set for $179.00 several months ago but wanted to try and get several for future wedding presents::D

Thanks everyone for the "heads-up" on the 30% off (Clearance) -- patio chair cushions.

I bought 4 of them 10 days ago when they were only 10% off (regular price = $29.99) and the stock was very limited. I haven't even used them yet!

I called the store I bought them at and the Guest Services' manager told me to bring the receipt in and one of the cushions. She'd return/refund the cushions and I could buy them at the clearance price = $20.98.

After I finished in Guest Services, I looked around the Seasonal Dept and there were tons and tons of the cushions -- all patterns, colors, sizes, etc.

Thanks again!:D

I go to the stores almost everyday. I am there at 8:00

I have been told that at other stores (not Target) that they start marking stuff down

at 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning.

One place told me they start at 5:00 a.m. and are done at 1:00 p.m.

At Target a clerk told me that they mark stuff down all day long.

I always get there when they open and you can see that have marked down things that

were on the markdown schedule for that day.( I live in Utah)

Yep. They pretty much all start around 4 or 5 in the morning (which is why they are taking "lunch" at 8). Our teams are done by 1 or 3 depending on the store and/or season. They even work holidays most of the time.

I am there almost every weekday morning at 8 when they open. The store I go to then often has the toys already marked down on Thursday mornings when I arrive. However, during the winter they mark them down later in the day because there is more work for them in the other departments as well. I usually hit the other local store on my way to drop of DS2 at preschool, and they usually don't get to the toys until late in the day. It really does vary from store to store and season to season.

FYI to the Patio Furniture seekers, I had to pop back over to the Target tonight to get a prescription, and I noticed that they had put out a LOT more stuff than was there this morning. Just like what they did with toys, it seems like they had a lot of back stock and were pushing it to the floor. It will be interesting to see if others find this as well.

I got a fantastic deal last night at the Strongsville, OH Target.

2 black leather ottomans with a removable "lid" for storage....$24.98 each (regular price $99.99 each)

Target Home Hartford Storage Ottoman

DCI 249 12 0191

If anyone is near this store, there was one left as of 8:30 last night

I went this morning and found the Dora's Magical Castle for $19.99 and the people for $1.74 and 2 of the furniture sets for $4.98 each. I also found the Graduation decoration stuff for 75% off, which works great for me because my son graduates from HS next year!! None of what I picked up said 2007 on it, but some of the other stuff did. I got the mortarboard garland, the congrats serving trays, the banners, black plastic cups (OK, the cups were about the same as Dixie for the about the same price, but the school colors are Maroon and black and silver LOL) and the photo box.

They were marking down the little Tiki stuff when I was in there, too. I also found the 10 packs of Orbit and Eclipse gum for 30% off.

I went this morning and found the Dora's Magical Castle for $19.99 and the people for $1.74 and 2 of the furniture sets for $4.98 each. I also found the Graduation decoration stuff for 75% off, which works great for me because my son graduates from HS next year!! None of what I picked up said 2007 on it, but some of the other stuff did. I got the mortarboard garland, the congrats serving trays, the banners, black plastic cups (OK, the cups were about the same as Dixie for the about the same price, but the school colors are Maroon and black and silver LOL) and the photo box.

They were marking down the little Tiki stuff when I was in there, too. I also found the 10 packs of Orbit and Eclipse gum for 30% off.

Thanks I will need the graduation stuff for DS next year too I will go and look. I am going to call a friend about the castle I think she wants one and can check her Target.

Have you guys checked out some of the deals in the bulk section that is filling in for seasonal? I just had to kill some time, so I was price comparing within the store. The Suave kids shampoos they have for $1.75 are usually $3.29 in the HBA department. And cheaper than the small regular bottles that are $2.02 in HBA. Same is true of the Suave body wash. I also got a great deal on some of the Downy Pleasures softener - $4.89 for 2 52 load bottles plus the little small one. That is the usual price for one bottle. Worth a look!

I called Target yesterday to check to see if the Rachel Ray cookware had gone down any more than 30% at around 11am. The guy on the phone told me they were still at 30% off. They still had the 10 pc sets they had 2 of them. So I ran by Target after work at 4pm and they had marked them 75% off. Both the 10 pc sets were gone. All that was left was a 5qt sautte pan with lid I got that it was reg $79.99 and I got it for $19.98 and they had 2 12in skillets for reg $39.99 and I got them for $9.98 a piece. I was very mad that I didn't get the 10 pc since I have been watching it for the past 2 weeks. I also got some thick plastic tumbler glasses for reg $3.99 on clearance for $.98

The bulk section is usually just a temporary/seasonal section. They normally put it out when they start putting out their back to school section and then again right after the holidays. At least where I live they do. I like shopping it when they clearance it out.