Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I think that the deals are just slowing down a little due to the season. It's nothing due to moving to the coupon forums. It has been slowing down for a couple of months now.

I think that the reasoning behind the move was all of the repeat questions. Instead of looking through to find a coupon link, they were just posting and reposting. That was cluttering it all up, especially since there were several warnings. The purpose of dividing this into a monthly thread was to make it easier to find such links.

Hopefully the deals will kick back up soon, because it's about time to put Christmas stuff out! If they're already clearancing out the swimwear...

I agree with every word of ur post.Love the christmas remark.When ya think about it,its true.Swimsuits in my store went to 30% already.Summer will be here soon school starts back up and BLack Friday here we come.I truely enjoyed being part of this last last year.It was such a high.I actually lost alot of sleep over this site(LOL).Couldnt wait to get up to see all the deals.Back to the coupon part though i agree that it was annoying reading the same questions over and over again.Ppl need to learn to read through the threads to find answers.Oh yeah one more deal i found today.Alot of food went on clearance like mixes,jellos and delmonte canned veggies .34 a can.I stocked up.

Sure, it's 026 08 0129

Thanks

At a reg Target I found some Smart Ones brand frozen dinners (Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti, and a few others that I don't remember) that had dropped out of the system. I ended up choosing a new cashier who didn't know what to do, so I told her they should be at least 75% off if they dropped out of the system. She called over the supervisor (young guy) who told her they were whatever they were marked (15%). I explained that if they dropped out of the system then they would have gone down to at least 75% off before they dropped out. After about 5-10 mins of him trying to call somebody in grocery and talking with them, I ended up taking only 4 at 50% off.

I agree that it was better with clearance and coupons on here. Oh well, at least they still talk about both on the SD thread. I make my Target list from reading the SD thread, this one and the schumanfamily site. Speaking of which, It would be nice if somebody started another site like the schumanfamily site since there are plenty of deals I read about here that don't show up there.

I'm new here but I totally agree! The post were much more fun to read and informative about all kinds of stuff when everyone talked about deals AND coupons. It's sad a few people got all bent out of shape and ruined the fun for eveyone else.

I know, I feel the same way. I am very disapointed that they would stop our coupon talk over a few people complaining. They are not the majority. I would be on this thread several times a day (that's being conservative :D ) looking for deals using my coupons. It has helped me a great deal with having 2 teenagers and a daycare. I saved tons of money.

I agree too. I have always thought that the great deals include using coupons - especially if you can use a coupon for something that is on clearance.

You can include clearance deals that include coupons:

Just to clear up the rules for this thread:

* If there is a coupon that can be used on clearance merchandise, then it's OK to mention that fact.

A really great day at Target. I had been watching the Woolrich woodland pine wicker trunk

(249-04-0005) for a while. Regular price is $179.xx and they seemed to just never get marked down. Today I go in and there is only one, sitting by its lonesome on an endcap, 75%off at $44.xx. I went to Target looking for a clearance deal on a digital camera, but they did not have anything.:)

So I stopped by another Target, and in the display case was a Samsung 5 mega-pixel on clearance (only 15%) for $98.xx. When the saleperson reached into the cabinet below the display case to get me one, he said I was in luck there was only 1 Samsung box left, and he put it on the counter. It was a Samsung box, but it was a Digimax S800 (056-10-0643), 8.1 mega-pixel optical 3X zoom, 2.4 lcd viewer, MPEG-4 VGA movie clip, built-in microphone, etc. priced at $249.99 - but it had a a lovely red clearance 70% off sticker price of $62.54. The salesperson looked at the price, looked again, and said "Wow".:)

The savings from the digital camera, trunk, and the 2-26 inch lcd tvs I bought has saved me over $1,000 in just the last 2 days!!!

They were pulling all kinds of electronic stuff at our store when I was there. I don't know if it was going to salvage or not, but there were 6 associates discussing what they were going to be putting in that spot.

I did not find much at all today. I got the Tide with Bleach powder mentioned for 50% off, $8.48. We can always use laundry detergent. I picked up a few candles that were marked 50% off too to go with a gift. Not much clearance otherwise except kids' clothes, but they were all just 30% off.

I also saw the outdoor clocks and some statues for 30% off.

I bought the Nestle Tollhouse premade chocolate chip cookies that are on sale in this week's ad for $4. Anyway, I used the $1.50 off coupon (expired from the generator), which made them $2.50 for 20 cookies. They are REALLY good. I was surprised. I wasn't quite sure if I would like them or not. If you like the Nestle Tollhouse recipe, they taste just like homemade (at least in my opinion). That's not a bad price for 20 cookies. They are in the produce/deli area in the Super Targets... haven't seen them in the regular Targets.

Found another target today with womens socks on clearance. THese are amazing. Def worth checking your target out. Tights, bras and socks were all so cheap. The socks are the gilligan & o'malley ones that are so nice. They are not on sale t all targets so if they are not marked, dont waste your time checking. This is a whole dept I found at 2 out of 5 targets. Who knows why some have them on sale and others dont. As a matter of fact, they have very similar socks not on sale at all at the same store. Random really, must be discontinued styles but soooo similar to current styles. Anyways most socks are between 50 and 90 cents. I got a really nice bra for 3.00 which was below the marked price.

Also got DVC tapes for video recorder. NEver ever see these on sale but for some reason they were 50% off.

2 for 4.48

I found a good deal today at ST. They had the BIG 5 oz Hershey bars marked down to 68 cents. I thought maybe they were close dated? Nope, May 8 of 2008. Seems like an every day item to me, why mark it down?? I found 5 of them on a clearance endcap with 2 paks of tums marked down and 6 more on a grocery clearance endcap.

Also got some of the 12 pack Pop Tarts advertised for 2 bucks and used the 1 dollar coupons from the generator making them a buck each.

Lots of Picture frames marked $1.25, I got 4 of them. They were mostly 8X10's with mattes to 4X6. Silver, copper, white and black colors. NOT metal, but painted.

Oh yeah, also used a $3 coupon they sent me when I called customer service last month about an "issue" I had at the store.

Three bags of crap I did not need for 11 bucks! :woot2:

:rotflol: That is SO the story of my life since I found this site!!

Ahhhh yes.....but, with GottaDeal, the question is not NEED......but a matter of WANT (for free or near free, that is) http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

yesterday we found some dvd+r's either 25 to a pack without cases or 10 to a pack with cases at 75% off ($3.48). not sure if this is a good deal - but we needed them so i bought some. saw some men's sport-type watches at 75%.

like others have said - very picked over. not much too look at right now....

I went to Target yesterday and got a 512mb card (for digital camera,pda, etc.) for $11.xx. It was regularly priced at $89.99. I was looking for a card for my camera for several months, so needless to say I was soooo happy. :yup:

what kind of camera is it for? Iam also looking for another memory card for my camera and that would be a really great deal. Thank you.:D

what kind of camera is it for? Iam also looking for another memory card for my camera and that would be a really great deal. Thank you.:D

:gdyeahthat: Is it a compact flash card? That's what my camera takes, and at that price, it would be a great deal!

Also found the olive oil today... very nice find as that stuff gets expensive and 1/2 price is pretty great. Also found that Woolrich trunk that someone was talking about earlier. It was still ticketed at only 30 percent off. I was going to check the price, but scanners there don't have number pads and it was too big to drag over. Anyway, if someone was really interested in that, it is at the Ward Parkway store in KC. That store always has things cheaper than what the ticket says. They seem to get way behind on their markdowns or something. I just didn't have a need for the trunk. There was only one there though (that I saw). It was on an endcap down the aisle where the kitchen gadgets are. I don't know FOR SURE if it will scan lower, I'm just guessing based on someone else saying they just found one for 75% off.

Also found them marking down toys in that store today. I got a bunch of Fly tablets (large and small) for 75% . Also My Little Ponies (had hearts on them) for $1.25- reg $4.99. They also had some ken dolls with little tommy in wedding tuxedos. They were $14.99 marked down to $3.48.

Oh, and one 10 pack of apple juice boxes there too!:)

Also found the olive oil today... very nice find as that stuff gets expensive and 1/2 price is pretty great. Also found that Woolrich trunk that someone was talking about earlier. It was still ticketed at only 30 percent off. I was going to check the price, but scanners there don't have number pads and it was too big to drag over. Anyway, if someone was really interested in that, it is at the Ward Parkway store in KC. That store always has things cheaper than what the ticket says. They seem to get way behind on their markdowns or something. I just didn't have a need for the trunk. There was only one there though (that I saw). It was on an endcap down the aisle where the kitchen gadgets are. I don't know FOR SURE if it will scan lower, I'm just guessing based on someone else saying they just found one for 75% off.

Also found them marking down toys in that store today. I got a bunch of Fly tablets (large and small) for 75% . Also My Little Ponies (had hearts on them) for $1.25- reg $4.99. They also had some ken dolls with little tommy in wedding tuxedos. They were $14.99 marked down to $3.48.

Oh, and one 10 pack of apple juice boxes there too!:)

I work 2 blocks from the Ward Parkway target. Did you happen to notice if they have the tide on clearance there? TIA

I found a good deal today at ST. They had the BIG 5 oz Hershey bars marked down to 68 cents. I thought maybe they were close dated? Nope, May 8 of 2008. Seems like an every day item to me, why mark it down?? I found 5 of them on a clearance endcap with 2 paks of tums marked down and 6 more on a grocery clearance endcap.

:woot2:

I noticed when Target clearanced the Smuckers jams a couple months ago, that the new jams on the shelf had a different style label. So maybe that is the same reason that they are clearancing the Hersheys.

The price $11 for the 512 mb memory card is about right.

I got one free after rebate after thanksgiving! Most cards now are 1 or 2 gb. It just depends on how much your cammera or pda can handle. If this was a cammera memory card a list price of $89 is WAY out of line! Still a good price at $11 but wouldn't waste gas searching for one when it can be ordered online for about the same. Sorry I hope I didn't ruin it for you but just check deal from Brad on 1st page for a 2GB.

Ok... I did the Target thing today... I swear I couldnt find the coupon generator at my store. However, I got 2 good deals for my sons bday. The best was the hand held cranium game that lets you create stories and record stories in their own voice... it was $19.99 and I got it for $4.98. Not the best... but not bad for a first time.

Ok... I did the Target thing today... I swear I couldnt find the coupon generator at my store. However, I got 2 good deals for my sons bday. The best was the hand held cranium game that lets you create stories and record stories in their own voice... it was $19.99 and I got it for $4.98. Not the best... but not bad for a first time.

The coupon generator is online here. You can find the link from the original post. You have to print out the coupons from the generator before you go. In some instances, some of the registry kiosks in the store you are able to print coupons. However you can only print current coupons, and only one at a time. Hope that helps.

Someone may have posted this already but wanted to give folks a heads up that my target had cabbage patch dolls for $12 bucks not sure if that is a great deal because I have a son, but it looks like they were originally $24.

I have a new Kodak Easy Share and it works with it. I threw the package away before I posted so I'm not sure what all it works with. I think it was a good deal when I looked at other cards that worked with my camera...they were expensive.

I saw that the Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers in the bigger boxes that are normally $26.00 were 15% off, $22.00. So there's something to watch for to go lower! I am on my last box of diapers left from the January clear out on the big boxes. I got those at 30% off and had $2.00 coupons on each box.

I also saw a Target Home brand metal coat rack (the kind that stands on the floor, and is about 6 feet tall) for $9.98, 75% off.

I only got a few picture frames for $1.24, 75% off and a vase for $2.48, 75% off. Until I found those things, I was empty handed!