Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Not very happy with Target right now. One or two of my target coupons were expired, honestly I didn't even notice,and the cashier made a HUGE stink about it, instead of just saying mam you can't use this coupon (although they do scan) she went and told her manager which were surrounded by several other target employees . The cashier and manager both came back to the checkout and told me that the coupons were void and couldn't be used. She even said that It looked like I tried to cut the expiration date of which wasn't even true. I just didn't see the point in making this such a huge deal!!!!!!!! The cashier could have just kindly told me she wouldn't scan them!! I would have just smiled and said thanks anyway!

I keep waiting for Ratatouille for XBOX360 to drop from the $24.99 price.

They've had the same 4 of it for at least a month now, and they dropped to the 50% off price at least 2 1/2 weeks ago.

At one of the Target's near me the games went down to 75% - probably today because they had alot of them. The other 2 stores I stopped at still had their games at 50%. This particular Target never seems to follow the markdown pattern of the other stores (in fact it's ususally a week or more behind, today it's ahead) but it might be a sign that the markdown for the video games is Monday. This store was out of the Ratatouille but...

Got:

P3

NBA 2K7 - 9.98

X360

Meet the Robinsons 12.48

X-men-3 7.48

Superman Returns 9.98

Gun 9.98

Pimp My Ride 9.98

P2

Sly3 4.98

Spiderman 2 4.98

The had others the Robinson's was 7.48, and a couple titles of teen/mature games either 4.98/7.48

PSP

Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 - 4.98

About 1/2 of their PC games that had been 30-50% off were adjusted down 50-75% off.

Not very happy with Target right now. One or two of my target coupons were expired, honestly I didn't even notice,and the cashier made a HUGE stink about it, instead of just saying mam you can't use this coupon (although they do scan) she went and told her manager which were surrounded by several other target employees . The cashier and manager both came back to the checkout and told me that the coupons were void and couldn't be used. She even said that It looked like I tried to cut the expiration date of which wasn't even true. I just didn't see the point in making this such a huge deal!!!!!!!! The cashier could have just kindly told me she wouldn't scan them!! I would have just smiled and said thanks anyway!

I'd email their customer service and give detailed descriptions of the employees involved. That is ridiculous! Here is the link to the online form. They'll probably send you one of those $3 coupons at least:

Target Customer Service

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2635907

i saw Transformers Beatmix in target today for $9.99.i did not buy it because my son only likes those transformers who can transformer .Toysrus is selling the same thing in their 12 days of Christmas special for $34.99.

Thanks for posting this. My store had one of these without a sticker on it. I scanned it and sure enough it was 9.99. My son will be so excited. :eyepoppin

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2635907

i saw Transformers Beatmix in target today for $9.99.i did not buy it because my son only likes those transformers who can transformer .Toysrus is selling the same thing in their 12 days of Christmas special for $34.99.

Do you have the DCPI# for this item? I am looking for 2 of these for my nephews. Thanks so much!!!!

That would be nice, but by my records it was more like the 3rd week of january

1-10-2007, 8:59 AM #467

mf47960

I just went to my Target and they had marked ALL the clearance toys to 75% off! A little of what i got was a Bratz Digital Camera or Camcorder (not sure didnt look to closely!) $19.98 (orignally $80), Bratz little babies $2.24 each, Bratz Diamonds $4.98 each, Dora house $12.48!! That made me so happy!! Bratz Cd player, walkman type $7.48, barbie computer $11.24, superman computer $12.48, my little pony in the walker $6.24 and so other stuff. All together I spent $170, but left with two carts full of stuff!!!

This post is from Jan. 10, 2007 !! I searched gotta deals target post from January!!

So more like the first week in January!!!

Here is what happened LAST year (at least in our area -- KC):

2 stores went to 75% off (Christmas Decorations) on Dec. 31... The other 2 I shopped went to 75% off on Jan. 1 (I think MOST went on the 1st).

All stores went to 90% off Christmas stuff on Jan. 6.

The toys kind of varied during the 50% off sale, but if many of them went to 30% off this past week around here, so I think that would put them to 50% off a day or 2 after Christmas because last year all the toys went to 75% off on Jan. 10 around here.

I never thought that I would find someplace that outdid Target on their toy clearance, but I have been having a ball the past 2 weeks on the Amazon website. They are throwing out some WILD deals. Barbie Island Princess Magical Castle for $50 (reg. $150); Barbie My Size Throne for $27 (reg. $89.99); Leap Frog items for 70% off; Little Pony stuff for 70% off. It has been so much fun. I hate to promote another forum, but there are SEVEN threads to the Amazon forum where people post what they are finding. I really don't know that I will need much from the Target toy clearance. The two best parts, FREE SHIPPING on MOST EVERYTHING and THIS IS ALL HAPPENING BEFORE X-MAS. It blows my mind.

I agree on the amazon posting above me. Im doing birthday shopping on amazon right now and I usually do it at the target clerance but 1/2 my list plus some is already done and its being delivered to my door WOOHOO!! So you might want to check out that post to get a jump start and its always good incase you miss the big markdown at target you dont have to worry as much

Ok -- I know that there haven't been many good clearance deals lately -- but yesterday, I made a score. THere was a holiday pack of peanut oil and other goodies (marinade etc) -- 75% off for 9.99 -- 3gallons of oil for the turiey fryer is usually at least $20. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods after this and just the oil (same brand) was 24.99. I found this on an end camp by the camping section.

I saw some toy clearance at the Target store I was at as well today. It looked like the store was already starting to move some clearance toy items in a seperate aisle.

The one notable toy I found was the V-Bot. It was originally 129 and it is on a clearance endcap for $64.98 - 50% off. It had to have gone directly to 50% off because my son just pointed this toy out to me last week and it was full price then. I just told my dh about it and it looks like I have the ok to buy it for my ds :)

Ok -- I know that there haven't been many good clearance deals lately -- but yesterday, I made a score. THere was a holiday pack of peanut oil and other goodies (marinade etc) -- 75% off for 9.99 -- 3gallons of oil for the turiey fryer is usually at least $20. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods after this and just the oil (same brand) was 24.99. I found this on an end camp by the camping section.

I found this on an endcap next to the Smith & Hawken garden stuff inside the store for those who might be looking or it.