Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Hi...Just a quick question...Do Target employees buy up all of the new markdowns before the public has a chance to see??

That is a hard question to answer. Does it happen sometimes, sure. But by no means all the time. Most of the time there are awesome deals to be had. But if it is a great deal, you often either need to be there when or shortly after the markdown, or to know about it if it isn't marked. I remember wanting to get some Tide when it hit 50%, and seeing all the employees carting it off before the rest of us got a chance. And, we just had a recent report of employees getting all the Harry Potter Legos that went 75% off. I've also seen the markdown team carting stuff around with them in their carts of equipment. But, that doesn't mean it happens all the time.

That is a hard question to answer. Does it happen sometimes, sure. But by no means all the time. Most of the time there are awesome deals to be had. But if it is a great deal, you often either need to be there when or shortly after the markdown, or to know about it if it isn't marked. I remember wanting to get some Tide when it hit 50%, and seeing all the employees carting it off before the rest of us got a chance. And, we just had a recent report of employees getting all the Harry Potter Legos that went 75% off. I've also seen the markdown team carting stuff around with them in their carts of equipment. But, that doesn't mean it happens all the time

Thanks for that info!! I have a feeling I am just not getting their soon enough...It seems if you dont get their on the day of the markdown or day after...your outta luck...I read this board every day and try to get up their whenever someone points out a new markdown...

I just hate that I missed out on the HP legos...I tried so hard on those...lol...

Also another problem might be..I am visiting our new Super Target...I am in Southern Cali...So its kind of hard to find the older stores who probably have more bargains...

Oh, are you trying to get the good deals at the Glendale Galleria? If so, that is your problem. They have way too much traffic, so the deals sell out earlier. Try Burbank instead.

I have also seen employees scanning items & putting them in their carts. After Christmas last year there was a girl working and scanning with alot of the makeup sets that had gone to 90%. I needed another for one of my grandaughters and asked her if I could have one. She had the nerve to tell me they were being held for someone!!! When I asked her for who she just took off around the corner without her cart. Then when she saw I was watching her, she left with the cart & all. I should have told her manager that she was shopping on duty, I just wasn't in the mood for the hastle.

I have also seen employees scanning items & putting them in their carts. After Christmas last year there was a girl working and scanning with alot of the makeup sets that had gone to 90%. I needed another for one of my grandaughters and asked her if I could have one. She had the nerve to tell me they were being held for someone!!! When I asked her for who she just took off around the corner without her cart. Then when she saw I was watching her, she left with the cart & all. I should have told her manager that she was shopping on duty, I just wasn't in the mood for the hastle.

I found something like that that I wanted that was sitting in an unattended cart that looked like go-backs. I took it, and the employee told me that I couldn't have it. I said, "wanna bet? it was in that cart of go-backs." She argued and said they weren't go-backs at all. I said, "well that's too bad, it was just sitting there." She was clearly planning to buy it, but she was also shopping while doing mark-downs so I didn't feel bad about it. It was a pretty full cart, too. She had some big plans.

Oh, can the powers that be create some blurb about the juice boxes to add to the intro thing that GatorPam (who seems to have disappeared for months now) wrote? Seems like we go through repeating that info frequently enough to warrant it. I recognize that we may not want to have it posted, but, really, if Target hasn't done anything after all our posts, do we think they will if we put it there?

I think that would be a great idea, but I have never had any luck finding them.

Picked up a FoodSaver for 75% off today.. $24.98 !!!!!!!!!!!

I was happy dancing all the way home; I've been wanting one of these for 2 years!

I feel justified in buying the bags at 75% off 3 months ago. DH just gave me that LOOK when he noticed them in my Target bag. ROFL

Of course the HP castle was gone...

just left a target and they were repacking all the clearance took some stuff out of boxes most of it was back up to reg.

I mean they were boxing up all clearance the end caps in toys were all new stuf no clearance.

might want to go dumpster diving or goodwilling in FISHERS, IN

Hey! You're in my backyard... Which Target were you at? 116th?

Picked up a FoodSaver for 75% off today.. $24.98 !!!!!!!!!!!

I was happy dancing all the way home; I've been wanting one of these for 2 years!

I feel justified in buying the bags at 75% off 3 months ago. DH just gave me that LOOK when he noticed them in my Target bag. ROFL

Of course the HP castle was gone...

Could you post the DPCI, UPC, or Model number for the Foodsaver? I haven't been into Target in a couple of weeks, and don't remember seeing any Foodsavers on clearance, so any of the info would be helpful. Thanks.

Could you post the DPCI, UPC, or Model number for the Foodsaver? I haven't been into Target in a couple of weeks, and don't remember seeing any Foodsavers on clearance, so any of the info would be helpful. Thanks.

Yes please post it if you can. I have been wanting one of these for a long time.

Ziploc just came out with something along the same lines...I think it is $9.99 in the grocery store.

IMO -I have one of those and I used it ONCE (2 yrs ago) and it has been sitting in my cupboard ever since. I just use Glad press n seal now and then put it in a ziploc then throw it in the freezer. That is much easier than dealing with special bags and the machine. I am glad I got it on clearance, so that not using it I don't feel quite so bad.

Ziploc just came out with something along the same lines...I think it is $9.99 in the grocery store.

IMO -I have one of those and I used it ONCE (2 yrs ago) and it has been sitting in my cupboard ever since. I just use Glad press n seal now and then put it in a ziploc then throw it in the freezer. That is much easier than dealing with special bags and the machine. I am glad I got it on clearance, so that not using it I don't feel quite so bad.

I have to agree. I thought I would LOVE it, but I used it a few times and then it sat for 2-3 years. I finally sold it on ebay.

Any chance you have found the correct DCPI # yet. I looked up this and the other white mixer that were mentioned and neither must be clearanced around me because every store within a 2 hr driving distance has both as available. I would LOVE to have a new mixer, I just have a cheapie from walmart and I don't care too much for it.

For anyone in the Louisville KY area, there is one Target still showing limited availability on the HP legos... Jefferson Pavilion. I am close to Louisville but never driven there and I have not the best sense of direction to new places so I won't be trying to find it myself. My son will have to live with the legos in his closet for a while longer. :)

Everything else even semi close to me is out of stock.... Greenwood IN showed available yesterday, I sent a friend to look and they couldn't find any and today they show out of stock. I have to find friends that get off work earlier I suppose.!

For those people wondering about employees buying clearance items, when I worked at Target, we were allowed to keep clearance items (and regular priced items as well) in our carts but we could only buy them on our breaks. Some employees (including a couple team leaders and managers) put carts full of clearance items in the backroom on hold for themselves. I remember seeing carts and carts full of items in the backroom the day of the huge toy clearance. It wasn't a big deal. My managers knew it wasn't fair for us to miss out on the deals just because we were working. I was even asked by a team leader on Black Friday to put a portable dvd player on hold for her. My managers knew about it but didn't care. I guess it depends on whether or not your store's managers care about their employees or not.

Any chance you have found the correct DCPI # yet. I looked up this and the other white mixer that were mentioned and neither must be clearanced around me because every store within a 2 hr driving distance has both as available. I would LOVE to have a new mixer, I just have a cheapie from walmart and I don't care too much for it.

Sorry for the delay -

the DCPI 072-04-1490

HTH!

Guest online_assistan

For those people wondering about employees buying clearance items, when I worked at Target, we were allowed to keep clearance items (and regular priced items as well) in our carts but we could only buy them on our breaks. Some employees (including a couple team leaders and managers) put carts full of clearance items in the backroom on hold for themselves. I remember seeing carts and carts full of items in the backroom the day of the huge toy clearance. It wasn't a big deal. My managers knew it wasn't fair for us to miss out on the deals just because we were working. I was even asked by a team leader on Black Friday to put a portable dvd player on hold for her. My managers knew about it but didn't care. I guess it depends on whether or not your store's managers care about their employees or not.

I am with you on that ;) I think it is great and a added perk to all employees who can find a bargain deal. Why shouldn't they be able to not put a hold on a deal. From whatever I have heard about retail employees they can be the best business for a store ;)

Look at what my DH picked up at Target today for 49.96 (not the model, just the jukebox). The kids are going to be so happy! In case someone is wanting to look this up, the item number on the receipt is 008030000 Music System. :cheesy:

post-100012-137262182725_thumb.jpg

Look at what my DH picked up at Target today for 49.96 (not the model, just the jukebox). The kids are going to be so happy! In case someone is wanting to look this up, the item number on the receipt is 008030000 Music System. :cheesy:

Is this really that big, wow, great price if it is. I have never seen that at our, though, ours is not that large (it is for our state MT)

I didnt know that Target even carried these. That was the best deal ever I think. WAY TO GO!!!:yelclap::gdthums::woot2::bow: :bow:

Wow- awesome deal, my kids would love it too!