Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Kori-

I bought things like the college ironing boards, totes, pop-up hampers/laundry baskets, a couple of dorm lamps...stuff like that. Everything was $5.00 or less-Oh, I did find the dorm "Kitchen in a Box" for $7.48, marked down from $29.99. I only bought one, because I had gotten all the other sruff already, and when I went back, the other 3 were gone. Probably will kick myself over that one in the spring!

Lol-I know what you mean about the friends!! I bet with everything I got, I still will have to figure out more stuff!

I found my very first 10 pack of MM today. I was so excited I almost did a little dance right there in the juice isle. At what point is it weird that it makes your entire day better just to find a good deal?

also I saw an entire row of animal print cushions, just being marked from 30 to 50% off. There was maybe four clearance endcaps total in the entire Target...

I dont know how they could possibly limit the returns if you have a receipt. I think they limit the returns on items that have no receipt.. but thats just my opinion!!!

It is true some stores have started to limit returns even if you have a receipt, I saw a news article on cnn sometime last year, for example ny and company it is printed on their literature that they track returns now 9even w/ receipt). I don't know what happens though if you "return" too many times... I don't want to find out...:confused:

It is true some stores have started to limit returns even if you have a receipt, I saw a news article on cnn sometime last year, for example ny and company it is printed on their literature that they track returns now 9even w/ receipt). I don't know what happens though if you "return" too many times... I don't want to find out...:confused:

Victoria's Secret does this also. They ask for your license even if you have a receipt. Everything id tracked by this company: www.thereturnexchange.com

MY MIL likes to buy, wear, and return (Specifically Lane Bryant) or buy, use, and return (her favorite is toasters). It is because of people like her that this has started to happen. Also I can't tell you how many times I have purchased something on clearance in a package and when I open it up, what is in it isn't what was supposed to be. Like curtains in particular. I have gotten a few shabby chic packages with walmart or kmart curtains in them.

My MIL likes to also return meat (Albertsons) that isn't up to "her standards". After a while the store will tell them to either stop buying the meat or they are not allowed to return.

My MIL not my Mom. Luckily my husband knows this is wrong.

Hit Target this morning before work and was going to check on the basketball goal...still 76.98. Shucks. I even typed inthe dcpi number too. Then we browsed around and I found some 30 piece place dinner plate sets marked down. reg price was 30.88, marked 15.44. I scanned them...15.44, so I grabbed one to use for one of the gifts for the bridal shower I'm giving. My 2yr old son was with me and boy...I'm training him RIGHT!!! He kept stopping at the end caps where he saw red stickers and would say.."look mom...stickers!" LOL He found a Cars Mqueen pillow..the only one there, the kind with the microbeads inside. The tag had a sticker with 16.99reg, marking 11.98. I scanned it and it said "item not found". So I pulled the sticker off...yes, i'm a bad girl. Got to checkout and she rang up the dinner place setting..7.72!!!!! I asked if it was right and she said yes. So I ran back to get another for myself! Should have grabbed the other 2 for Christmas! Darn. She said she couldn't get the pillow to ring up and if I knew the price. I told her no..that it was the only one..and there was no shelf tag and when I scanned it, it said item not found. So she asked a manager and she said, how's 4.25? I said, thats fine...my son just really loves mcqueen. LOL I was happy with that!!!!!

man..i just thought...if the plates came up different on the register than when I scanned them...I wonder now if they would have rung up the basketball goal if it would have come up cheaper too??

Possibly, but unlikely. Just as a guess, they might have been in the process of finishing the markdowns on the plates. I would check the goal again tomorrow if it is convenient simply because today is the normal sporting goods markdown day. if they are behind a day, they might do it tomorrow. I'll try to remember to check for you at my store tomorrow.

Also, FYI, if you know the original price of an item, like the pillow, and you know it should have gone through the 75% off process, you could probably easily tell them the 75% off price, remembering that Target ends its final clearance prices with a 4. So in this case it would have been something like $4.24 anyway. You were lucky not to get one of those "I can't sell this to you" types. I don't hesitate when I know what the last price was anyway. Confidence in telling them the price goes a long way. :yup:

I found my very first 10 pack of MM today. I was so excited I almost did a little dance right there in the juice isle. At what point is it weird that it makes your entire day better just to find a good deal?

also I saw an entire row of animal print cushions, just being marked from 30 to 50% off. There was maybe four clearance endcaps total in the entire Target...

Your post made me chuckle.. not only because you wanted to do a little dance but because I SOOOOOO know that feeling... in the 70s there was a Teaberry Shuffle (advertisement for Tea) that was a commercial... we should all do the Minute Maid Mambo when we find them. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Kori-

I bought things like the college ironing boards, totes, pop-up hampers/laundry baskets, a couple of dorm lamps...stuff like that. Everything was $5.00 or less-Oh, I did find the dorm "Kitchen in a Box" for $7.48, marked down from $29.99. I only bought one, because I had gotten all the other sruff already, and when I went back, the other 3 were gone. Probably will kick myself over that one in the spring!

Lol-I know what you mean about the friends!! I bet with everything I got, I still will have to figure out more stuff!

UGH! I wish all the Target stores were universal in pricing. I want that "kitchen in a box" set from Chefmate, but it is still $29.99 here! Of course I scanned it to make sure. Very frustrating.

The College '07 stuff is finally marked down to 50% - 75%, but not a whole lot left and nothing that I needed or wanted. The comforter sets were coming up $7.48.

I did get the pink silicon potholders - 2 for $1.98.

There are 3 other Target stores within 20 minutes of me, so I guess I'll be doing some traveling this weekend!

Possibly, but unlikely. Just as a guess, they might have been in the process of finishing the markdowns on the plates. I would check the goal again tomorrow if it is convenient simply because today is the normal sporting goods markdown day. if they are behind a day, they might do it tomorrow. I'll try to remember to check for you at my store tomorrow.

Also, FYI, if you know the original price of an item, like the pillow, and you know it should have gone through the 75% off process, you could probably easily tell them the 75% off price, remembering that Target ends its final clearance prices with a 4. So in this case it would have been something like $4.24 anyway. You were lucky not to get one of those "I can't sell this to you" types. I don't hesitate when I know what the last price was anyway. Confidence in telling them the price goes a long way. :yup:

Your right..I just checked my reciept and she put in 4.24..which makes more sense since it was originally 16.99, so 75% off would have made it 4.24...I think she just said 4.25 accidentally. No biggie. I'm happy with the price and so is my son. lol He's such a McQueen fanatic.

I have been watching a Family Fued (2nd edition) now for two freakin months. It's always marked 9.05 and I always scan, just in case. Never ever ever any different. Yesterday I didn't even bother with it, but today decided what the heck. It rang up 3.23! A completely random price but I was sooo happy!!! It completely made my day!

:gdclap::gd_purple

I have been watching a Family Fued (2nd edition) now for two freakin months. It's always marked 9.05 and I always scan, just in case. Never ever ever any different. Yesterday I didn't even bother with it, but today decided what the heck. It rang up 3.23! A completely random price but I was sooo happy!!! It completely made my day!

EXCELLANT! Can't tell you how many times I've "hawkin" an item to go down. :yup:

Your post made me chuckle.. not only because you wanted to do a little dance but because I SOOOOOO know that feeling... in the 70s there was a Teaberry Shuffle (advertisement for Tea) that was a commercial... we should all do the Minute Maid Mambo when we find them. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I like that - the Minute Maid Mambo. :D

The Teaberry Shuffle was for Teaberry gum, not tea. :yup:

Not much in the way of bargains at the Buffalo, MN Target at least that I needed. I did get 2 of those folding canvas chairs in the bag with foot rests for $3.74 and a cell phone case for $3.24. I did see an 8 bottle wine chiller for $19 which is a steal it was normally like $70. What I was looking for was a dorm fridge, my boss got one there last week for $32. I am sad I missed that deal.:mad:

I found a few great bargains at the Sandusky OH Target this past Monday. King size sheet SET, reg. $49.99 on sale for $12.00, and a Sony AC/DC AM-FM Radio/TV Band/Weather Radio, reg. $25 on sale for $6.24!!! Woo-woo!! :cheesy:

I just got back, no real deals that I needed. Club wed is 75% if someone is getting married.

I did leave really upset though. For the 1st time I had an item scanned not found and told the girl what the price should be. She rang it at the tag price of only 25% off. I insisted that was not the price but she would not budge! I told her to take it off my bill & keep it! Then to add insult to injury when she scanned my coupons both her & another cleark told me they could not take my Target coupon for Pillsbury rolls with a mfg coupon!!! They kept insisting that they could not take double coupons. I again explained one is theirs from their own kiosk & 1 from mfg. They still refused and said it has always been their policy! I have never had this problem before. WHAT IS HAPPENING???:gdcensored:

convection microwave oven was $199.99-down to 38.88!

He shoots he SCORES! 3-pointer at the buzzer!

Ok, I think I finally saw this tonight. It was Oster, in a BIG blue box. I lugged it over to the price scanner and it was $8x.xx. Then, I felt so stupid! I always read on here or another of the boards about punching DCPI's into the price checkers and I always thought that my two stores didn't have them.

I went to an out of town store earlier in the week and they had them and I was typing in #'s and that was so much easier although I'm gonna need a little notepad now lol. Anyways, I barely got this thing onto my cart to take over to the scanner, after clearing off a bunch of other stuff that was on top of it. Then, I barely picked it up and held it long enough to scan. I was also trying to lift with my knees etc and not hurt myself lol. Right after it scans I FINALLY see that my store does have the numbers on the scanners to type in DCPI!:eyepoppin I had just put it on the floor since I couldn't get it back to the cart and the red sticker w/the DCPI was on the corner at the floor or I would have written it down to post but at that time I had had it with it lol........

I just glanced through the website and I don't think it was there.

Does anyone know if an item is out of stock at a store and possibly discontinued, if you type the DCPI into the scanner, will it show you the last price still?

I have been drooling over this electronic drum set, the stand up one, for a year now. It wasn't clearanced with all the other music stuff. I noticed in one store that there were two of them and the box looked a little different but I didn't really compare them. Then when I was out of town, there was one sitting with the clearance but when I scanned it, it was full price. So Thursday night, I really looked at it but there was one box and still in the music aisle that has been reset. So, I wrote down the DCPI off the shelf, came home and looked on the site and there are 2 online. Both are showing full price but one is out of stock online. The one that is out of stock online is showing in store inventory and the one in stock online is showing as sold out in store inventory. This is really gonna bug me if I missed a clearance on it!!! AND, I had a dream about buying it Wednesday night!!

Both are showing full price but one is out of stock online. The one that is out of stock online is showing in store inventory and the one in stock online is showing as sold out in store inventory. This is really gonna bug me if I missed a clearance on it!!! AND, I had a dream about buying it Wednesday night!!

I have often found that items out of stock online have been clearanced, so it is worth asking at a minimum. If it comes up item not found, and they don't want to sell it to you, I would raise a stink and get a manager involved. Try to go during the day when someone higher up than the ones who stand around managing the cashiers is working, too. They can make real decisions.

I just got back, no real deals that I needed. Club wed is 75% if someone is getting married.

I did leave really upset though. For the 1st time I had an item scanned not found and told the girl what the price should be. She rang it at the tag price of only 25% off. I insisted that was not the price but she would not budge! I told her to take it off my bill & keep it! Then to add insult to injury when she scanned my coupons both her & another cleark told me they could not take my Target coupon for Pillsbury rolls with a mfg coupon!!! They kept insisting that they could not take double coupons. I again explained one is theirs from their own kiosk & 1 from mfg. They still refused and said it has always been their policy! I have never had this problem before. WHAT IS HAPPENING???:gdcensored:

I carry the Target coupon policy in my purse for this very reason!!!

Where did you get that!?!?

They e-mailed it to me...

Sent: Mon 7/23/2007 5:42 PM

To: adewrell

Subject: Using Coupons at Target

Dear adewrell,

Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping at Target, and we make it easy to use them at our stores. But because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target:

-We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued coupons.

-We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.

-We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in that case, we'll adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.

-We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores

-All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier at the time of sale.

Have questions or want more information about using coupons at Target? Check with a Guest Services Team Leader at your local store. You can also give us a call at (800) 440-0680, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. We'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Adam

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

[THREAD ID:1-3M7PAN]