Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I was in Target in NC yesterday. Toys were still 30-50% off. I am going to check again at another store tomorrow that usually marks down before the others. I did find Target brand shortening for .72, Target brand press and seal wrap for 1.24, Nestle Goodstart 20% more cans of formula for 11.24, Epson ink for 3.xx, Altoids for .37. Some pretty good deals!

When the toys were marked down after Christmas, I went the morning that almost all stores were marked down at 8, and nothing had changed. Came home and read everyone's posts, went back that evening at 6 and found one aisle of toys marked to 75% off. I returned the next day at 8 and the rest of the toys were marked down. It was very strange! SO you never know...

Same here! So bummed, but hoping for something tomorrow. Looking more like it will be next week, though. UGH! The waiting is killing me. We still have quite a bit in some stores, but others are dwindling.

On the plus side, I did find another set of the the Magnetic Colorforms. If anyone is interested, they have them in Brown Bear Brown Bear and the Very Hungry Caterpillar. Similar to the Spiderman Ready Beds from earlier in the year, they ring up Item Not Found, but when they look them up with the PDT under Not On File, they come up at $2.46 as Target.com merchandise. It is a great price!

Ok, so here is my last (hopefully) question about the toy markdown. Say they do markdown on Thursday, and say they start it around 10ish. Do I have to wait for them to stick the orange sticker on it to look at what the new price is, or lets say the toys I want are in the fifth isle while they are still on the second isle; so can I get those toys I want because their markdown price is already on the system anyway and when I go to pay its not like the cashier needs the sticker, it'll ring up 75% off still.

I hope I made sense.

It's automatic in the system. The red/orange sticker on it isn't going to make a difference. We buy things overnight and sometimes it will ring up a lesser price.....later on that day the price change team will be marking those items clearance.

It's automatic in the system. The red/orange sticker on it isn't going to make a difference. We buy things overnight and sometimes it will ring up a lesser price.....later on that day the price change team will be marking those items clearance.

Nope, it isn't. Or at least it doesn't work all the time. I can say that with confidence because I know of several items that have not been marked down afterwards. Items that when taken to the markdown team a day or a few days later will show that it should have been done but wasn't. Could be that they are just missing some of them in an automatic system, but it is certainly the case that not everything gets done that way. I found Batman Legos just in the last month that should have been marked but weren't until I dragged them to a lady on the markdown team who scanned them for me and said that they should have been done a week or two earlier.

My mother in law went to Target this morning for birthday presents for my nieces (after hearing me for months talk about the great finds) and she found a few toys that were 75% off but most were 30-50%. She's in Macon, Ga if anyone is interested that lives there.

My Target finds today in Jersey....

Betty Crocker Complete Desserts...Hot Fudge Cake & Apple Crisp .71 cents each

Bisquick Complete Three Cheese Biscuits....20 cents each

Betty Crocker Lemon Poppy Seed muffin mix....20 cents each

McCormick seasonings...Garlic Salt...33 cents each

Hopes this helps someone, I know with a family of 5 every little bit helps.

My Target finds today in Jersey....

Betty Crocker Complete Desserts...Hot Fudge Cake & Apple Crisp .71 cents each

Bisquick Complete Three Cheese Biscuits....20 cents each

Betty Crocker Lemon Poppy Seed muffin mix....20 cents each

McCormick seasonings...Garlic Salt...33 cents each

Hopes this helps someone, I know with a family of 5 every little bit helps.

I also saw Bratz Fruit Snacks for $.57!

Regarding toys, I just ran back out to the closest store and one of the markdown team told me that they ARE marking toys tomorrow. However, she wasn't in a position when I asked to tell me whether or not it would be the 75% off or just a regular markdown. So, I guess I wait and see...

No toy markdowns, but the markdown team was in the bulk item section, marking everything 15% off.

Did you notice if this included those big boxes of diapers and wipes? The bulk paper towels and toilet paper at my store have been 15% off for about a week now but nothing else in that section was marked down. Thanks!

Did you notice if this included those big boxes of diapers and wipes? The bulk paper towels and toilet paper at my store have been 15% off for about a week now but nothing else in that section was marked down. Thanks!

it did include the diapers, and they were flying off the shelves. I think it included the other paper products too, because I remembered that I only need TP this time. Bought too much paper towel back with those $5 coupons a couple of months ago. ;)

I went to the Target in New Port Richey, FL this weekend and I spent tons of money, mostly on toys. I found the Aquadoodle puzzle mat for $4.98 and the travel Aquadoodle for $3.72. I also got a couple of Fairytopia barbies for $3.62 and a spinning paint thing for $3.74. I have been waiting for the 75% off and this is the only store anywhere near me that has done it. Unfortunately there were not a lot marked down to 75% but what I got was some of what I was waiting on.

The cashier told me that this store is one of the first in the area to mark their stuff down so I am hoping that more stores follow soon.

I was at another Target today and there were employees in the toy dept with their guns and a cart full of signs. I was hoping that today was their day to mark stuff down more. When I went back to that same store this evening, they had moved a lot of toys to their own clearance aisle but none of the prices have changed :( I am hoping maybe tomorrow.

In the bulk section in Neptune, it included all bulk items - the clorox wipes 2 packs, the multipacks of deodorant, body wash ect.

Ours excluded mostly food items and Tide. They pulled all the Tide to the regular aisles. The food excluded were the Goldfish, Granola Bars (though not the Caribou ones) and Beef Jerky.

For everyone in the San Gabriel and Eastern San Fernando Valleys of Los Angeles, there is a NEW 3 story Target opening Sunday at the Glendale Galleria. It is in the spot where the old Robinson's May was. I overheard a manager telling another about "the new store" this morning, so I popped out of the aisle to ask about it. I am SO excited to get yet another new Target. Lousy location and parking, but nonetheless another place to look!

What's the markdown schedule for bulk items? I had no idea when the happy summer (or whatever it was called) would have such a quick markdown time. When I saw it first go on sale, I thought I had weeks before it'd go down again, but it was like every 3 days it got marked down further. Will I be waiting weeks for the bulk or just days?

Hmmm....I am so confused after going to Target tonight. The toys were only 30-50% off so I saw a worker in the toy dept. and asked her if she knew when the toys would be marked down again. She said SUNDAY!!! This so doesn't seem right. Now I don't know if I should go back in the morning or not. Closest Target to us is 40 mins away and unlike tonight Im not really going to have an excuse to go (I needed pull ups,etc. tonight). I saw a lot of the sandals on clearance in shoes (most still only 30%), some baby stuff on clearance (30%) and some computer games for preschoolers on clearance (50%) and the bulk stuff (15%). Im trying to think of the other stuff I found, but its late here and my brain isn't working:yawn: :o .

By the way, this is the Dubuque, IA Target.

What's the markdown schedule for bulk items? I had no idea when the happy summer (or whatever it was called) would have such a quick markdown time. When I saw it first go on sale, I thought I had weeks before it'd go down again, but it was like every 3 days it got marked down further. Will I be waiting weeks for the bulk or just days?

I'm wondering the same thing, I have one store that was 50% off on Tuesday night with maybe a few diapers left but I was in too much of a hurry to look. Then I went Wednesday night to my other store and it was still at 30% with TONS of diapers and wipes left. If I can figure this out I'd like to hit the diapers when they go to 50%!!

Hmmm....I am so confused after going to Target tonight. The toys were only 30-50% off so I saw a worker in the toy dept. and asked her if she knew when the toys would be marked down again. She said SUNDAY!!! This so doesn't seem right. Now I don't know if I should go back in the morning or not. Closest Target to us is 40 mins away and unlike tonight Im not really going to have an excuse to go (I needed pull ups,etc. tonight). I saw a lot of the sandals on clearance in shoes (most still only 30%), some baby stuff on clearance (30%) and some computer games for preschoolers on clearance (50%) and the bulk stuff (15%). Im trying to think of the other stuff I found, but its late here and my brain isn't working:yawn: :o .

By the way, this is the Dubuque, IA Target.

I'm in Waterloo, and the toys have always been marked down on Wednesdays. Doesn't mean they can't or won't do something different, of course! I will plan on going Wednesday, unless I see something different on this board.

I went in Wednesday around 2:00 and there was a lady checking the clearance prices. Most of the 30 was going down to 50%. I finally got the TJ Bearytales for 14.98. I asked her to scan for me to see if it had gone down and it had. Another employee said they are resetting the section in two weeks so he expected it to go down before then to make room. Who knows???????????

The markdown team doesn't work on the weekends, and toys don't get marked like holiday merchandise does, so the employee who said Sunday was spouting nonsense.

From my experience, there are never any diapers left by the time they get to 50%. I am, thankfully, finally out of my diaper days (just down to overnights, Whoopee!!), but I used to try to wait them out, and I always lost. They do get to 30%, at least around here, but I have never seen them lower. Some areas may get there, but I wouldn't count on that.

My recollection is also that they tend to go slower on the markdowns on the bulk items because people are willing to buy them with a lesser discount. That is why they start at 15% instead of 30%. Anyone else remember how the schedule usually goes? I think the next section there is Halloween, so they may not be in any hurry.

At one Target I was at yesterday the 15% did include the big boxes of diapers.

Just left Target. When I got there (8:01am)there were 2 ladies in the toy aisle. I thought FINALLY and grabbed a basket KNOWING I would be filling it up. I said hi to the marker and she smiled at me and said morning (she is always so nice)so I started in aisle one.. nuffin marked lower; thought maybe she hasnt got to this aisle yet. Went to next aisle nothing lower.. I walked up to her and said.. "I hear there is a huge markdown going on" she smiled and said "yeah there is suppose to be but so far everything that I have price checked is already marked down to what the paper reflect". So WHO KNOWS what is going on. She did seem to think they were going to go lower but of course she didnt know when. I asked her if they would be marking things again tomorrow and the weekend and she said "No we only mark down toys once a week". hmmmmmmmmm... your guess is as good as mine. Needless to say... my basket was empty.