Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I am wondering if the pools go on clearance and when? We bought an easy set pool and my dh loves it and wants a bigger one. Target has an 18' x 48'' pool that he would like but I told him that I didn't want to buy it unless it was on clearance, LOL. FYI - my perimeter perusing puts a cramp in his full price shopping style :)

Any input would be appreciated. I don't remember if and when they were put on clearance last year.

Could you tell me what % off the pooh clothing was? Thanks!

At our Target in Oklahoma they are 75% off. Patio stuff is still 50% I thought for sure it would be reduced today.. oh well!! Nothing else was marked down any further so maybe they are busy with school stuff!!! (What happened to 2007... its already school supplies time. I cant believe it) :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

I am wondering if the pools go on clearance and when? We bought an easy set pool and my dh loves it and wants a bigger one. Target has an 18' x 48'' pool that he would like but I told him that I didn't want to buy it unless it was on clearance, LOL. FYI - my perimeter perusing puts a cramp in his full price shopping style :)

Any input would be appreciated. I don't remember if and when they were put on clearance last year.

Last year they hit 75% the first week of August.

I've got a question. *If* my Target follows the markdown schedule, say toys for example are scheduled to be marked down on Wednesdays, does that mean when the doors open they'll be marked down or they mark them down during the day on Wednesday??

I've got a question. *If* my Target follows the markdown schedule, say toys for example are scheduled to be marked down on Wednesdays, does that mean when the doors open they'll be marked down or they mark them down during the day on Wednesday??

It could happen either way. Most of the time they are marking down while they are open.

I have found it both ways. I was once told that the night people do the mass markdowns but I have been there as they were marking things down. It is usually early in the morning at our store (if they didnt do it during the night)but others have posted that they have seen things being marked down in the afternoon. Best thing is to go first thing in the morning and see where the associates are that are marking down things. This probably didnt help you much but thats how it works in our store.

It always depends on what else the team is marking. They just follow the schedule in their PDTs to go through the store department by department. I have seen them already marked when I arrive, and I have seen them marked in the middle of the day. It just depends on what else they have to do and how far behind they are from the day before.

For Indiana Residents

For instance Westfield/Carmel Target will be the first to markdown along with Castleton. Fishers is usually slower at marking down, I have never had Luck in Avon or Greenwood. Once in a great while Anderson has some deals, My best luck has been Castleton because it is lower volume and it is sandwiched between 116th Street Super Target and 86th street target and people always forget about the Castleton one. Those are some of my secrets in IN targeting.

UGHHHHH!!! I went to 2 stores this afternoon after I read that the patio stuff was marked down but no luck here in Pasadena!! Still at 50% and the markdown team was going home. BUMMER! Maybe tomorrow morning when I get there. I was REALLY hoping they would mark down the toys tomorrow morning because I have to go to a breakfast thing on Thursday morning. Maybe they'll push it back a week, but I have a VERY strong feeling that they'll go 75% tomorrow or Thursday.

anyone have any information on the battle creek michigan store? i'll be near there for a week next month, and know i will need to go there for something. how are they with coupons, clearance, etc?

I live in Kalamazoo, MI which is a city over from Battle Creek, MI. I go to that store when I go to see my friends. There is one lady there that is a team leader or something that I call the coupon natzi... She is all over expired and salsa coupons etc... Lately I haven't been able to use expired at that store because now it seems like all the cashiers go the extra mile to check out the coupons. And there isn't a huge amount of cashiers. So if I want to do a really good deal, I go to the Kalamazoo store. But as to using more then 1 coupon etc.. That's been fine as long as they're current etc.....

anybody having a hard time with this website? www.schumanfamily.com/*********/targetUPC.html

can't get it to work for me???!!!

It is because its our competition and we dont want spamming :) ... if you replace the stars with the following highlighted words crammed together it should work............

ok well its a FAT chance that this will work without you putting WALLET in it!!!

Here 2 stores have the patio 75% off - but the other 2 stores it is only 50%- but not much left anyway. All the fire bowls are gone except the huge bali firebowl for $69.xx

I really want the copper or tile firebowl but it seems these are not part of the clearance items.

Oh well, you can't have everything - where would you put it.

75% off patio, but it was one big empty space..so sad:no:

I did use my OM coupons, Gerber coupons and Pamper coupons. Found boys jeans and an infant car seat 50% off.

Which carseat did you find 50% off? DCPI and name pleasE! :) thanks!

Does anyone know when the Spiderman toys will go down more? I picked up an item at 50% off this weekend but wasn't sure if it might go down again Wed or Thur? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Yes, they'll got to 75% off. No, you won't be able to get a price adjustment (unless you happen to find an employee who doesn't know better). You will need to buy another one at the lower price, and return one on the old (higher priced) receipt. Just be sure to remove the red sticker with the lower price. Hope that helps!

Tonight at Target they had a bunch of employees standing around this board(shaped like a target) and they were having some sort of meeting. I noticed that the board had the different departments and it sounded as though they were discussing markdowns. I tried to see the board without appearing to nosey but I could not get a good enough glimpse before they took it to the back. I was hoping for a hint on the toys. I have found some items I would like to get DD and I am waiting for at least 50% off.