Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I have a question. does target accept returns without the recipe? I bought a baby carrier for $35 dollars two weeks ago. Today I find the same carrier at $15 at a Ross store. I bought it thinking that I still got the target recipe but know I can't find it. Help!!

I have been eyeing these light-blocking curtians by Eclipse for a few weeks now and they finally went 75% (reg 27.99, now 6.xx). As soon as my sons see the sun come up they think it's time to get up, even at 5am! Anyway, I like them so much I now want a pair for my room, but they didn't have any left:( If anyone happens to see these in MA, please let me know what store.

Also picked up a couple Spiderman 3 Magnetix figures. They were marked $1.46 in the first store I went to, but when I went to another store to try and get more they were ringing up 'item not found' (shelf tag said $9.99), so I took it to CS and the lady told me they should not have been clearanced as they are a brand new toy but just aren't in the system yet.

Lastly got a Go Diego Go Treasure Hunt Colorforms set for $2.xx (75% off)

I have been eyeing these light-blocking curtians by Eclipse for a few weeks now and they finally went 75% (reg 27.99, now 6.xx). As soon as my sons see the sun come up they think it's time to get up, even at 5am! Anyway, I like them so much I now want a pair for my room, but they didn't have any left:( If anyone happens to see these in MA, please let me know what store.

Also picked up a couple Spiderman 3 Magnetix figures. They were marked $1.46 in the first store I went to, but when I went to another store to try and get more they were ringing up 'item not found' (shelf tag said $9.99), so I took it to CS and the lady told me they should not have been clearanced as they are a brand new toy but just aren't in the system yet.

Lastly got a Go Diego Go Treasure Hunt Colorforms set for $2.xx (75% off)

Funny, I picked up a set of the Spiderman 3 Magnetix figures clearanced to $1.46 as well, but at the register they came up as item not found and the lady said she could not sell them as there was a saftey recall on them.:confused:

Funny, I picked up a set of the Spiderman 3 Magnetix figures clearanced to $1.46 as well, but at the register they came up as item not found and the lady said she could not sell them as there was a saftey recall on them.:confused:

Yep, sure enough, they have a major recall. It is largely voluntary. If you have ANY Magnetix from before March of this year, you can send them in for replacement by a variety of products, including some pretty neat large sets. They will replace them with the new Magnetix or with some of the Mega Bloks Pyrates or Dragon sets. They also have some of the younger toys for younger kids. Here is the link to the info:

http://www.megabrands.com/en/customerservice/magnetix_replacement_webform.php

I was hoping someone might be able to explain a couple of things for me! :) I am new to the Target shopping and am highly impressed with this forum and all the knowledge!!! :smart:

Because of reading it, I've been able to take advantage of the the 'expired Target coupons', which I didn't know existed before and certainly didn't realize they could be used...I was able to get capri suns for $.75 each!!!! Thank you for that! :cheesy:

What I'm not certain of is some of the price reductions...are they regional?? I'm in TX, and I've tried to go to Target and search for some of the items I've seen on the board that have been drastically reduced (like the Friends Scene It game), but the price tag says a higher price and when I take it to a scanner hoping it will scan cheaper - it comes up with the same price as marked. Also, what's a dcpi? How would I know if my scanner was capable of putting in a dcpi and what would I benefit from using it?

TIA! The people on this forum are wonderfully informative and helpful...and it's great for those of us wanting to learn to save money!!

I was hoping someone might be able to explain a couple of things for me! :) I am new to the Target shopping and am highly impressed with this forum and all the knowledge!!! :smart:

Because of reading it, I've been able to take advantage of the the 'expired Target coupons', which I didn't know existed before and certainly didn't realize they could be used...I was able to get capri suns for $.75 each!!!! Thank you for that! :cheesy:

What I'm not certain of is some of the price reductions...are they regional?? I'm in TX, and I've tried to go to Target and search for some of the items I've seen on the board that have been drastically reduced (like the Friends Scene It game), but the price tag says a higher price and when I take it to a scanner hoping it will scan cheaper - it comes up with the same price as marked. Also, what's a dcpi? How would I know if my scanner was capable of putting in a dcpi and what would I benefit from using it?

TIA! The people on this forum are wonderfully informative and helpful...and it's great for those of us wanting to learn to save money!!

Not that I am a Target expert by any means but maybe I can help with your questions a little bit. Different stores have different times that they mark things down. There has been times when my target marked things down earlier than other stores. Most of the time however;my store in Oklahoma is about a week behind stores in other states. I start watching for the markdowns when the other "Gottadealers" talk about what they have found and usually can still get the same deals if I am there quick enough. As far as the dcpi number.. it is the (I believe) 9 digit number on the barcode. If your store has a scanner that has the buttons on the side then you can key in that dcpi number to see if they have any in stock. Usually the ones that are marked down a lot will say "none in stock or something like not on file) If it says not on file or something like that it means they have salvaged it (which means they are getting ready to send it out as a donation) sometimes you can take those items to the service desk and they can check it with a special scanner and put a price on it but sometimes they wont. I hope that helps!!!!

Welcome, I for one know I appreciate having a new set of eyes watching out. To answer a few of your questions. Markdowns are done by store. You may go to one target 2 miles away that doesn't have the same markdowns... that is often the case here in Orlando. Secondly, A DCPI is the item number, like a SKU but Targets own number. The tag on the shelf will have the number, sometimes it will be on the barcode on the item itself, and you can definitely find it on the red clearance sticker. You can also use it on a website, which I don't have the link to, but as beenposted here, to find out if your store has any available. Thirdly, if your store has the scanners that have a number pad next to it, you can punch in the dcpi instead of carrying over a large item, or if you have a number from here and want to see if you store has any in stock or in the back.. Good luck and Have fun!

Not that I am a Target expert by any means but maybe I can help with your questions a little bit. Different stores have different times that they mark things down. There has been times when my target marked things down earlier than other stores. Most of the time however;my store in Oklahoma is about a week behind stores in other states. I start watching for the markdowns when the other "Gottadealers" talk about what they have found and usually can still get the same deals if I am there quick enough. As far as the dcpi number.. it is the (I believe) 9 digit number on the barcode. If your store has a scanner that has the buttons on the side then you can key in that dcpi number to see if they have any in stock. Usually the ones that are marked down a lot will say "none in stock or something like not on file) If it says not on file or something like that it means they have salvaged it (which means they are getting ready to send it out as a donation) sometimes you can take those items to the service desk and they can check it with a special scanner and put a price on it but sometimes they wont. I hope that helps!!!!

We must have been typing at the same time!

I was in the Springfield, Il. store yesterday and they had most of their swimming stuffed marked down either 30% or 50% off. I got a bunch of goggles for less than $5.00 each. Not sure why they would be marking that stuff down since the season didn't even start yet, but I'm not complaining. They are remodeling that store and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I also found a sprinkler 75%. Got it for $5.00.

Pretty slim pickens today, only found the 'Ove' Glove oven mitt clearanced to 75% off, was $14.99, now $3.74, 070-03-0116.

I recently have seen that at one of the Targets by me, however when I scanned it -$10.xx

hopefully I can find it for 75%. Have you used it yet?

Nothing too exciting I found the my scenes babie $2.48

Also 4 MM juice boxes .69each.

I recently have seen that at one of the Targets by me, however when I scanned it -$10.xx

hopefully I can find it for 75%. Have you used it yet?

Nothing too exciting I found the my scenes babie $2.48

Also 4 MM juice boxes .69each.

The wife used it today, it really works as advertised.

Thank you!! This is very helpful! :) I didn't have that website - how cool!!! I tried it with a couple of the dcpi's listed and most of them didn't come up...a few came up saying out of stock - but still very interesting...especially to someone who just didn't realize! :eyepoppin

My goal is to get my shopping down to $25 a week (grocery and essentials)....I have not been able to do that...just haven't figured out how to get the meats rolled into the whole package!!! I've looked at some other sites for help as well, but I've learned quite a bit from this one - and everyone is so nice!! Thanks again!

great deal at my local Target said clearance but wasn't... look on end caps when they are putting up new products and see if they have changed the price yet! I found all the dreamlife and dance revolution toys on end cap (these are the ones where u plug and play on the t.v. for girls you can design a room and outfits) anyways they are usually 27.99 and 37.99 well the endcap price above said 14.99 and the games were marked normal price so I spoke to a manager and got both for the advertised price !!! I saved so much and also have bdays coming up so these will be perfect!:eyepoppin

Thank you!! This is very helpful! :) I didn't have that website - how cool!!! I tried it with a couple of the dcpi's listed and most of them didn't come up...a few came up saying out of stock - but still very interesting...especially to someone who just didn't realize! :eyepoppin

My goal is to get my shopping down to $25 a week (grocery and essentials)....I have not been able to do that...just haven't figured out how to get the meats rolled into the whole package!!! I've looked at some other sites for help as well, but I've learned quite a bit from this one - and everyone is so nice!! Thanks again!

If you have a super target... in the meat department they routinely mark down the meats that have been there more than 2 days. Usually it will say 2.50 or 3.00 off this package.. then if you print out the beef 2.00 off on the target website you get $4.50 or $5.00 off total whatever it is marked. I have bought t-bone steaks for as little as 3.00 and stew meat for $1.25 so maybe that will help your $25.00 a week goal. Good luck!!! (They do also mark down the fish but I wouldnt buy 3 day old fish)

I really wish i had a super target by me... i live an hour away from one and have never visited one...is it worth it I have 4 regular targets within a few miles from me should I try the super target once and see if I can score BIG? i have a family of six so I really need to save big??????