Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

So I was jealous from hearing about all you guys getting those Choxie bars so I figured i would print out a few and try them myself. When I went up the the register with 6 of them plus the rest of my stuff the cashier was inspecting the coupons like I was stealing something! She finally let me split my order up and by one with each other item I had but I was only buying 4 other things so I though "OK 4 bars then not too bad". Well that didn't happen cause she started a stink that it was one per person and I showed her that that was not what the coupon said and then I just did not want to push it anymore. I did not wait for a manager and just left. Do you think I should write to corp or jsut forget it?

I have been scared to use them. But I did get TONS for .17, so not bad.

I have been scared to use them. But I did get TONS for .17, so not bad.

Yes you should call corporate. It isnt fair that some people are getting hassled when Corp has told others that you can get as many as you want as long as there is a coupon for each candybar. I have used 8 at a time and never had a problem. Sometimes the coupon doesnt scan and they have to manually put it in but I have never been told I can only use one coupon. If that were the policy then it would say One coupon per visit like some of the other coupons say. Like we would try to rip someone off for a candy bar... GEEZZZZ... :shock: Good luck if you call!!!

woops... clicked on wrong one.. .sorry

So I was jealous from hearing about all you guys getting those Choxie bars so I figured i would print out a few and try them myself. When I went up the the register with 6 of them plus the rest of my stuff the cashier was inspecting the coupons like I was stealing something! She finally let me split my order up and by one with each other item I had but I was only buying 4 other things so I though "OK 4 bars then not too bad". Well that didn't happen cause she started a stink that it was one per person and I showed her that that was not what the coupon said and then I just did not want to push it anymore. I did not wait for a manager and just left. Do you think I should write to corp or jsut forget it?

The other day I was in Target. I was buying 5 bottles of shampoo using 5 manufacturers coupons, for $1. each. Still paying like $2 each. The cashier scrutinizes my coupons and tells me I can only use one as it says One per Purchase. I said yes I know that is why I have five coupons for five purchases. She said I was reading the coupon wrong. I knew I wasn't so I went to Customer Service and they told me the same thing. I told them no where on the coupon did it state one coupon per customer, anyway she ended up ringing up five separate orders in order to use the coupons. I went home and wrote to Target Customer Service and received back their standad coupon email reply about accepting both mfg and Target coupons. I wrote back stating that was not was I referring to and explaining it again. Then I get a phone call message from Target corp. stating that they have "empowered" their Customer Service employees to interpret the coupons as they see fit, and if I had a problem to take it up with the lead Customer Service rep on duty. This is so frustrating. There should be a coupon class or something given to these employees so they don't make the customers feel as if they are trying to get away with something. I feel like I should write to Target again and let them know I can live with whatever policy they want to set up as long as it is followed by every Target and every Target employee and doesn't change from store to store or employee to employee.

Yes you should call corporate. It isnt fair that some people are getting hassled when Corp has told others that you can get as many as you want as long as there is a coupon for each candybar. I have used 8 at a time and never had a problem. Sometimes the coupon doesnt scan and they have to manually put it in but I have never been told I can only use one coupon. If that were the policy then it would say One coupon per visit like some of the other coupons say. Like we would try to rip someone off for a candy bar... GEEZZZZ... Good luck if you call!!!

The other day I was in Target. I was buying 5 bottles of shampoo using 5 manufacturers coupons, for $1. each. Still paying like $2 each. The cashier scrutinizes my coupons and tells me I can only use one as it says One per Purchase. I said yes I know that is why I have five coupons for five purchases. She said I was reading the coupon wrong. I knew I wasn't so I went to Customer Service and they told me the same thing. I told them no where on the coupon did it state one coupon per customer, anyway she ended up ringing up five separate orders in order to use the coupons. I went home and wrote to Target Customer Service and received back their standad coupon email reply about accepting both mfg and Target coupons. I wrote back stating that was not was I referring to and explaining it again. Then I get a phone call message from Target corp. stating that they have "empowered" their Customer Service employees to interpret the coupons as they see fit, and if I had a problem to take it up with the lead Customer Service rep on duty. This is so frustrating. There should be a coupon class or something given to these employees so they don't make the customers feel as if they are trying to get away with something. I feel like I should write to Target again and let them know I can live with whatever policy they want to set up as long as it is followed by every Target and every Target employee and doesn't change from store to store or employee to employee.

i had this exact same problem with them a few weeks ago the lady at the register told me since the coupon said one item per purchase i could only use one coupon each day i just looked at her like are you serious in all the years that ive been shopping here i have never been so insulted the manager came over and agreed with her i guess they have something against me trying to save a dollar on wipes i called corporate and they mailed me the standard letter as well but told me that they were sorry and the store should not have done that but the regular letter does not help me when it comes to that sort of coupon issue needless to say i dont go through that ladys line anymore

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Decor is stuff like lamps, furniture, framed prints, etc.

Housewares is stuff like small electronic appliances, dishes, vacuums, etc.

Domestic is bedding, kitchen linens, and bathroom linens.

I think that is basically it.

Hey thanks , this will really help me when i shop.:D

Has anyone seen the remote starters for 75% off in the ohio areas (Dayton?) Please post if you do....TIA ;-)

I got one for $19.98 at the Target Store in Plainville, Mass:bunny:

But after I bought it I am wondering will I really ever install it..is it too hard for me

to do:confused:

I feel like I should write to Target again and let them know I can live with whatever policy they want to set up as long as it is followed by every Target and every Target employee and doesn't change from store to store or employee to employee.

I am beginning to feel the same way. I think we need to keep up the pressure. I get SO irritated that they seem to do things so differently from store to store. However, the laws actually vary from state to state, so that is why you will sometimes see "Except in XX, XX, and XX states" in the fine print. They aren't even required to take coupons at all, though it seems like a stupid idea to not to. One store I heard about actually will make you walk out and back in if you want to do what you did. The idea being that you'll simply leave.

In their defense, though, there is a TON of coupon fraud out there. Fake coupons, copies, coupons sold to people through ebay (not really allowed in most states). Then the retailer gets stuck because the manufacturer won't honor them. That is why they scrutinize them when there are multiples. I even read a story about a woman who would come into Target using as many as 70 coupons to get the smallest size allowed for free or near free. They actually banned the woman from the store because she got so nasty about it.

But we digress again...

Got 8 choxie bars today. Four of them scanned 1.70 but the coupon took off $2 each. Slimfast was still 4.25 for an 8 pack. I have no other coupons for them but drink it every morning so bought it anyway. No juice boxes. Cascade tubs still 12.49. Had a shabby chic quilt in my basket, full size said 69.xx but scanned 24.xx. Ended up putting it back because I already have two really nice quilts and couldnt even justify the cheap price. Has anyone found shabby chic furniture on sale? I didnt bother scanning any but was just curious if they were clearancing that out as well as the bedding. This stuff was located between electronics and the GB section, over by the kids bedding and not with the adult bedding. I didn't see any clearance stickers but thought they should clearance the whole category. Just curious. Will be going to another store tomorrow. GB very slim pickings in Rossford. Everything else I picked up scanned what it said on the sticker so put a lot of stuff back.

Great day! Just got home. 10 rugs 75% off. GB trunk 75% off. Best deals were scanned items not found. Vday dove candy in reg candy section 90% off. Elan bottles 75% off. Calphalon pro pan 75%. And a SS fire pit 75%, still had some wraping paper on it, must have been a return 17.48!!! :D

Oh, no fair! I found some vday candy that scanned item not found, and they wanted me to pay 50%! I said no thanks.

Well, I drove the 1 1/2 hours to the nearest Target for a day of shopping. I got a Woolrich quilt (full size) for 19.xx and a matching throw pillow (which had a pen mark on it and I got them to mark it down even more..it was only like $4) and throw blanket for 7.xx. I've been trying to decide of a good theme for DS's bedroom....now I have it..a cool cabin/lodge theme. I'm going to use the throw as I swag above the window. I also found a pair of kids tennis shoes for 4.xx. Nothing much else that just had to have. I would have loved some of the GB things they had left, but we are holding off on buying an furniture type items because we are hoping to be moving soon.

I feel like I should write to Target again and let them know I can live with whatever policy they want to set up as long as it is followed by every Target and every Target employee and doesn't change from store to store or employee to employee.

I know this forum is for deal discussion but I just have to throw this in. My BF and I went to 3 different Target stores today, all within 30 minutes of each other. The first one had a bunch of GB items left and all the domestics items were 75% off. The second one had a small endcap of GB items and employees were in domestics pulling stuff off the shelves. The same stuff that was 75% off at the first store but only 50% at the second store. The third store had 30% off domestics and they were packing up the GB items. I did get some good deals but I was amazed that 3 stores all in the same county had such differences in their prices.

I have had no problems using the choxie coupons. They even had the thin chocolate bars marked $2.00, and when they rang up $3.00 I told the cashier and she changed the price without a second thought - so I used my coupon with them. That was 4 days ago and they are still marked $2.00, so I've gotten a few more. The expresso ones are really good! My boyfriend's brother is on leave from Iraq, so I'm sending him back with a load of chocolate... he even liked the chili pepper ones! I usually only get about 4 or 5 at a time, so maybe that is why I haven't had a problem.

Went to a different Target yesterday in Washington PA (Just wanted to try a differant store for a change.) got 4 choxie bars 2 bags of chips 3 plastic storage boxes they had christmas designes on them but they are going to be in a closet so I dont mind (I am going to organize some of my scrapbook stuff in them) two bags of goldfish crackers (used coupon) ben ten booster pack for they hyper scan I got on clearance about a month ago that I am going to give my son for easter (got an extra 10% off because it was the last box and it was open). and two twelve packs of diet coke (just because i needed it) all for $20 (heck the coke was almost half of that)

I seen a shabby chic hamper bench that I was thinking of for my enterence way to put extra shoes in and sit on to put shoes on but wasn't sure if it would fit right so I passed it up. it was $24.XX now I am kicking myself in the butt might so back today and grab one.

when I went to my Target the other day. I found 4 of the valentine heart cake pans. Rang up item not found so the lady gave them to me for .10 each! I also found more valentine puppy and kitty books in the actual book section. All .10 each. now I have enough for my daughters class as I already bought 16 of them before.

I have had no problems using the choxie coupons. They even had the thin chocolate bars marked $2.00, and when they rang up $3.00 I told the cashier and she changed the price without a second thought - so I used my coupon with them. That was 4 days ago and they are still marked $2.00, so I've gotten a few more. The expresso ones are really good! My boyfriend's brother is on leave from Iraq, so I'm sending him back with a load of chocolate... he even liked the chili pepper ones! I usually only get about 4 or 5 at a time, so maybe that is why I haven't had a problem.

Mine had marked them to $2 also but rang up $3. My cashier also corrected the price and let me use all my coupons (I bought all the peppermint chocolate ones they had). Its funny because since then, they have corrected the stickers on the rack and they are back to $3. lol

Here's one for the ladies, 22 cents Covergirl makeup. Go the makeup area, then the Covergirl section. On the bottom shelf (at my Target anyway) there is Covergirl Outlast All Day Liquid Makeup. It is regular $8.99, but it is marked down to $2.22 - and there is a $2 coupon attached - making it only 22 cents.

KBrady,

I am in Orlando also.

Which Targets do you go to?

I go to Super Target on Alafaya.

Reply I shop the store on 50 near the fashion square mall, the targets in sanford in lake mary and in sanford and sometimes oviedo... its become a compulsion

GB TOTALLY picked through, so nothing there. Found some Baby Thank You notes on Clearance and one of those Plug and Play games, this one is an Elmo bongo type game. Never seen it before, rang up for $4.98. BONUS! No juice boxes, no Valentines stuff which surprises me. I'll have to check a neighboring store next week. Not a lot of Clearance overall. Still looking for the mini fridge.

Th See Dollar Save area, will it start being marked before Easter or after? Almost started buying things, but stopped myself.

I know this forum is for deal discussion but I just have to throw this in. My BF and I went to 3 different Target stores today, all within 30 minutes of each other. The first one had a bunch of GB items left and all the domestics items were 75% off. The second one had a small endcap of GB items and employees were in domestics pulling stuff off the shelves. The same stuff that was 75% off at the first store but only 50% at the second store. The third store had 30% off domestics and they were packing up the GB items. I did get some good deals but I was amazed that 3 stores all in the same county had such differences in their prices.

I know what you mean. Went to one Target today and got a four cannister set for half price. It rang up 9.98 and I liked that one because it had the scoops that hang on the side with it. At lunch, told my dad about it and he said he could use some cannisters so I said I would give them to him. On the way home, stopped at a different Target and the same cannister set was full price. Even scanned it to make sure. They should all be on the same page concerning markdowns. And it isn't like these stores are on my way to work or just around the corner; one is 20 minutes away (where they were still full price) and the other is 40 minutes away so would have to make another special trip to get there and they would probably all be gone by then.

Other stuff I got today was a 2007 Simpsons calendar for $1. It was originally 9.99 and when I scanned it it came up 0.00 so the clerk asked and was told to give me 90% off. Good deal since two months are pretty much gone already but DS loves Simpsons so he'll appreciate it. Also found one of the juice packs for .69. Why did I buy it? Don't really use much boxed juices anymore but it was apple and I figured for that price, I would drink the darn stuff myself after reading on here all of those that kept finding it. haha. Got four more choxie bars. No problem. Bought the last five cases of slimfast at the second Target today too. The first Target didn't have any. It was still 4.25 but I figured for an 8 pack (about .50 each can) it was worth it since I drink one every morning for breakfast.

Gotta cut back on my Target trips (yeah, right). haha

Here's one for the ladies, 22 cents Covergirl makeup. Go the makeup area, then the Covergirl section. On the bottom shelf (at my Target anyway) there is Covergirl Outlast All Day Liquid Makeup. It is regular $8.99, but it is marked down to $2.22 - and there is a $2 coupon attached - making it only 22 cents.

Great find, I'm going to have to check that out when I go back tonight. I noticed that the Physicians Formula makeup is also on clearance and I have coupons for it so I should make out good.

Thanks for all the info on the remote starters...I want it as a gift for my sister next Christmas...she lives in Iowa and no garage ;-) I think there is an instruction CD on how to install the starter...told my DH it was part of my sister's gift that he would be installing it:tongue1:

I bought two in Columbus (Whitehall). The one with the door unlock feature was $19.98 and the basic starter w/o door unlock was $14.98. I'm not sure if I am keeping either of them. Have not found out if either is compatible with an 04 Expedition with Keyless entry. Let me know if you want either of them. I will be returning one of them for sure.