Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Very cool deals jarerice. How do you get the GC from surveys?

Also - I can't remember, but does teh GB stuff go to 90% or does it stay 75% then get shipped to Goodwill?

Go here

just go to gottadeal.com main forum page, then click on the survey link

You will find everything you need!!!!!

I know have way to much stuff to go in Easter Baskets. Between Target and freebies from Colgate and Kool (walkie talkie watches), plus survey money that I bought the kids Crocs with...to also go in them.....I am really going to have to pack them carefully.

Hey, there is always birthdays & putting away for Christmas. And don't forget gifts for the kids whose parties your kids go to...

GB was pretty picked over where I went. But I was able to get a really good deal on a beautiful silk quilt/comforter. The price and tag was missing and the GB associate couldn't find the price. She told me that she knew that it was reg. like 179-199, but since she couldn't find the price she would mark it $99 for me. So I got it for $25. I was so happy. I also bought a buddha and a jewelry box, but the quilt was definitely my big deal.

i just checked today morning and the regular price tag on those silk quilt/comforter was $99

Hey, there is always birthdays & putting away for Christmas. And don't forget gifts for the kids whose parties your kids go to...

Oh believe me, I know...I stocked up after Christmas...But I love making Easter Baskets. We pack them and ruffle them ourselves. They always turn out beautiful.:sidesplit Then the kids tear them up. But its worth it for the pictures I take of kids with them.

My target didn't have much GB furniture left, but they had a ton of accessories. I pretty much redecorated my whole apartment for about $60. My color scheme is turquoise and pink, and they had lots and lots of that stuff left. I got several big wooden vases, some smaller ones, a serving tray, about 10 candle holders, some glass fruit for a friend who has a fruit themed kitchen, and some little bowls. I also got 10 choxie bars. It was fun!

My target didn't have much GB furniture left, but they had a ton of accessories. I pretty much redecorated my whole apartment for about $60. My color scheme is turquoise and pink, and they had lots and lots of that stuff left. I got several big wooden vases, some smaller ones, a serving tray, about 10 candle holders, some glass fruit for a friend who has a fruit themed kitchen, and some little bowls. I also got 10 choxie bars. It was fun!

Was the glass fruit expensive? I may look to see if ours has any. Only 40 minutes to go and I will be off work.:yup: ( when I get a project done I reward myself by reading the Target thread)

Well, I had an awesome trip to target today. They had a good bit of global bazaar stuff, but nothing I was really interested in. I did get...

Mens merona suit coat 14.98

matching pants 6.24

cherokee twinset 3.24 and 4.24

LSA vase 7.48

Penn state LS tee 2.98

grey pj pants 3.24

2 free choxie bars

Great day here! :)

I went to Target to get some things from GB but everything was picked over and not much left. I did find one clock that was 24.99 for $7.xx.

I got 4 Choxie bars and got to the cash register for a fiasco. The clerk told me that they could not longer accept the Choxie coupons. I said this was a Target coupon and to please call a manager. They called a manager and he came over to scream at me that they would not accept the coupons and that people were abusing the system. I explained that I was not abusing anything and that I only had 4 bars with coupons. Well, he kept yelling at me so I called corporate on my cell phone. Corporate told me that they were probably going to have to start putting a limit on the coupons because they were being abused with people buying 20 or more at the time. She said that several managers had called in reference to excessive coupon use. They also told me that the store would accept my coupons but only for 4. I explained that was all I had. The customer service rep spoke with the manager and told him to accept the coupons but he could limit it to 4 at the time. They also informed him that they would call back to discuss his behavior with customers. Man, this was horrible and I had several other items. It wasn't like I just went in for free chocolate. I also bought a bedskirt (not on sale), 3 bags of dog treats (not on sale) and trash bags.

Just got back from Target...excuse was my daughter needed pantyhose for her concert tonight. Our GB was 75% off. Got me a Huge world clock for 32.00 reg 130.00. Seems they still had quite a bit and I saw a lot of clearance signs through the store, but I was in a hurry....dang concert! You bet I will find an excuse to go back soon! :D I love Target and I love this thread!

I went to Target this afternoon and found the GB at 75% off and VERY little left. On Sunday there was tons of furniture and accent pieces. I bought some pretty glass bowls for $3.xx. I was so diappointed... if only I had gotten there earlier. Did get some Valentine shirts, capri pants and valentines for next year at 90% off. Glad to hear some of you got some super deals!!

I got some great GB items.

Black wooden clock originally 29.99 for 7.xx

Black wooden mirror originally 39.99 for 9.99

4 Tea cups originally 2.99 for 0.74 each

2 black and gold diamond design pillows originally 19.99 for 4.99 each

3 free choxie bars and 2 bags of AF chips with 1.00 off coupon (no problems from the cashier):lolrun:

:D I'm so excited, I just got back from a quick trip that was supposed to be for Q-tips and printer ink. I scored on one of those flip open sofas for my 1 year old. I've been looking since after Christmas and they never had any except maybe 1 or 2 spiderman ones but today they had some dora(not what i wanted) and 1 Disney princess way up on the top shelf. No sale signs but I really wanted it for my girl. So someone got it down for me, I took it to the price scanner and it rang up $0.00. Took it to the register and the manager had to look it up, $9.98!!:cheesy:

I was so happy, even the check out girl wanted to know if there were any more left. Thanks to you guys and reading your posts, it pays to scan stuff!! Oh and also got 4 GB capiz bowls for $1.49 each, perfect for this weekends Oscar party!

I had furnished my place last year with GB items, so my excuse to buy more today was that the stuff I bought last year was too neutral. I found some good deals, but I was there early. I got a microsuede chair, too many vases, picture frames, art, bowls, and some more stuff that I am too tired to look through. I really don't know what I am going to do with all these vases. I went to 3 locations, and I learned that I really love the unorganized stores. I found several gems by looking in other sections, like the home and bedding.

I went to Target to get some things from GB but everything was picked over and not much left. I did find one clock that was 24.99 for $7.xx.

I got 4 Choxie bars and got to the cash register for a fiasco. The clerk told me that they could not longer accept the Choxie coupons. I said this was a Target coupon and to please call a manager. They called a manager and he came over to scream at me that they would not accept the coupons and that people were abusing the system. I explained that I was not abusing anything and that I only had 4 bars with coupons. Well, he kept yelling at me so I called corporate on my cell phone. Corporate told me that they were probably going to have to start putting a limit on the coupons because they were being abused with people buying 20 or more at the time. She said that several managers had called in reference to excessive coupon use. They also told me that the store would accept my coupons but only for 4. I explained that was all I had. The customer service rep spoke with the manager and told him to accept the coupons but he could limit it to 4 at the time. They also informed him that they would call back to discuss his behavior with customers. Man, this was horrible and I had several other items. It wasn't like I just went in for free chocolate. I also bought a bedskirt (not on sale), 3 bags of dog treats (not on sale) and trash bags.

Pretty bad behavior on his part. I can't say I am surprised that they will be limiting the coupons in the future. I would have been surprised if they hadn't. Frankly, I thought it was pretty silly not to do it on their part in the first place. Most places that do these say limit one per customer or something.

On my gosh!!! GB was 75% at my store today .... and they had a fair amount of valentine's stuff @ 90%.... I had a cart full..... I got to the checkout and guess what --- I left my debit card in my jacket that was back at my office..... I only had $15 cash -- so I only got a few things.

Calendar reg $13.99 $1 (it rang up not in system) she just put it in for $1 and I didn't even have to ask..

Valentine heart candy (the little boxes ) a pack of 5 for 19 cents... great rewards for spelling tests this week.

Heart bags for gift wrapping 12 cents each.... they do have anything valentine's on them ... just hearts.. so we can use these for birthday presents.

I took my daughter to Target today & taught her the ropes. They still had tons of Valentine clothes for 90% off for kids -- simple black knit pants, red knit pants, etc., that had no hearts, etc. Plus all the boxed Valentines, the holiday cake mixes, etc were all 90% off and they still a really good selection. I bought maybe 20 items at .19 and .29 each -- such as packs of Valentines, packs of 8 boxes of the sweetheart candies, etc.

We bought 12 of the Choxie bars free with the coupon. That really surprised her. She thought for sure they'd have a limit of the number you can get free. I also used expired $1 off Pepsi coupons & got soda for 2.25 a 12-pack.

They had the Global Bazaar at 75% off - lots of furniture & accessories still left. We didn't buy any of that though.

Scored on several children's books that were originally 9.99, marked down to $2.24. Some Sponge Bob pop up toy boxes that were originally in the $15 range for $3.xx; also some Spiderman fleece throws that were $14.xx originally, tagged at $6.xx and we scanned them. They were only $3.xx; so we kept the 2 we had. I was scouting for a couple others, but my daughter made the mistake of telling someone who had 1 in her cart, they were only $3.xx, so this lady quickly ran back and grabbed all of them. She knew where they were. (Lesson learned!)

We bought outdoor (front entry) rugs for $2.49 that had been originally 19.99 something. I was shocked at the price -- I think we bought 5 total.

400 thread count king size sheets were marked down to $9.xx a sheet, originally $49.99. I only found 1 that was plain white and I can easily use it as the bottom sheet on my queen bed. A lot of the flannel sheet sets were marked at $6.xx; but I don't like flannel sheets.

The best deal...they had a lot of the Restore / Restyle kids furniture on sale -- book cases, storage units, shelving - all for 75% off. (Not all their pieces were on clearance - some were still full price.) When the cashier was ringing up the pieces I bought, she said "wow - that's a good deal". I replied "yeah...it's 75% off!" So what did she do? Deducted 75% off the scanned price. :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin So I got 75% off the already marked down price of 75% off. Storage shelving unit - originally $59.99. Tagged price at 75% off was $14.99. I got it for another 75% off; paying only $3.75 and the shelves were $1.49 for each set. I wish I had put more in my cart!!!

I spent a grand total of just over $30.00 which was LESS than the original price of just the king size sheets! My daughter spent $20; but I had 3x the stuff she did.

I went to Target last night with no kiddos and saw some clear vases in the GB that were 50% and I said I'll just wait. Go this morning around 9:30 and my favorite clerk said that I should have been about 45 earlier. I asked why and she pointed out these 2 ladies that had 8 buggies full and 4 of the flat bed carts full of GB. We walked out of the store and I just about peed in my pants. These ladies had 3 male clerks trying to fit leather chairs and chests and everything else under the sun in a Caddy and a Lincoln. I just find that a little annoying for all of the other people that missed out.

Kimberely

Also - I can't remember, but does teh GB stuff go to 90% or does it stay 75% then get shipped to Goodwill?

It did last year; I got all of my son's teachers' end of the year gifts from the 90% off Global Bazaar selection. But since then I am hearing of more and more Targets sending seasonal clearance to salvage before it goes 90% off. So, I guess this will depend on your store.

I am deleting my post, others have it quoted below and its their discretion whether to delete it or not. I am deleting not to change what I believe based on what the original poster said above but not to cause a ruckus. I see the original poster has added below that the clerk knew that she was giving an additional % off? I do want to note I was not venting but expressing my belief about the honesty of the situation, I guess below the poster has added the clerk knew what she was doing. I wish that the additional info about the clerk knowing she was given additional % off was given in the original post as I would not have commented on the transaction. I based my opinion on the info given.

Ok, I have to say something on this, this is iffy on your part as to honesty. It seems the clerk is abit naive on how clearance works and I think you should of corrected her and stated it was already marked 75% off. What you taught your daughter was that it was alright to not speak up when an error is made and to deceive. I maybe out of line on this and I am sorry but it was already marked off at a fabulous price and than you wished you had got more. I am sure there are going to be those that state that its their fault for not training the clerks but lets face it, some clerks are just not up to speed on this or maybe new. I don't know how this will fan out for her but you may of caused alot of trouble for her and jeopardized her job when they go over her till totals. This is just my opinion.

Brad warned us about venting at people or places. This forum is just to list deals, not judgment. Just a thought:g_think:

Great day at Target....I hit 3 Targets at lunch and two more after work.

I got

6 drawer chest (normally $249)

2 framed prints ($80 and $60)

4 vases ($30-$40 each)

2 mirrors ($150 and $40 each)

2 picture frames ($13)

1 cherry end table ($90)-think I might need another

1 pillow ($20)

1 smaller clock ($20)

2 wooden trunks ($130 and $100)

I also picked up some v-day conversation hearts and Dove chocolate roses

Spent about $300 but am so pleased with all of my finds!!

I bought the chinese armoire and the smaller 7 drawer chest at 50% off as well.

Next year I'm taking the 75% GB day off work as my own special holiday ;-)

Talk about thrilled...

Today I got all the things everyone here has been talking about, GB items, Valentines, Chips with coupon, countless free Choxie bars, etc. but the best thing...

Shabby Chic was all 75% off!!!! I bought so much, omg!!! Was at 4 stores total, only 1 store had 50% off but said tomorrow would be 75%. I have sheets and duvets and dust ruffles and shams and quilts in every size and pattern to last a lifetime!, lol

Great Great Day for me!!!

Headed to by Target today and GB was 75% off, not much left at all, nothing to interest me, but I did find ONE apple juice, I was so tickled with it. I have looked every time since the first post about it and never once found any at my store, until today. I also got a coupon organizer from DS and an Elmo book from DS, and I bought a Konami Live Online Game Controller system. Regular price $19.99 marked down to $2.54 and scanned at $1.24. DH was THRILLED!!!!!!!