Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

last week I was told I could have 1 internet coupon and 1 manufacturers coupon per item now it is 5 internet coupons per transaction...just wondering if policy changed between thursday and today!! lol

I am going to call and say just that tomorrow at 7am since that is when they open and I have to leave for work by 8....will let you all know what they tell me tomorrow!!

Sounds like you're talking about 2 different things. One manf coupon and one internet coupon per item is right (they're basically just saying you can't use two manf coupons or two internet coupons on the same item, which is standard). Five internet coupons per transaction is also right, but that's assuming you're buying five of the same thing and have a coupon for each one. Does this make sense?

Sounds like you're talking about 2 different things. One manf coupon and one internet coupon per item is right (they're basically just saying you can't use two manf coupons or two internet coupons on the same item, which is standard). Five internet coupons per transaction is also right, but that's assuming you're buying five of the same thing and have a coupon for each one. Does this make sense?

it makes sense if there is actually some limit. However, it isn't being enforced that way across the board. some stores are allowing 10, 15, 32 per transaction so long as there are that many items. they just don't seem to have any consistency whatsoever. that is the real problem. it seems to vary from store to store, from day to day, and from cashier to cashier.

it makes sense if there is actually some limit. However, it isn't being enforced that way across the board. some stores are allowing 10, 15, 32 per transaction so long as there are that many items. they just don't seem to have any consistency whatsoever. that is the real problem. it seems to vary from store to store, from day to day, and from cashier to cashier.

Got it - I misinterpreted the 5 internet coupons. I was reading it as 5 allowed with 5 items, not 5 allowed regardless of number of items being purchased. Thanks for clarifying.

I went in today and bought a bunch of Valentines stuff - mostly for other people - but got some great things. They had some really cute teddy bears, cute girls clothes and some great chocolate left. I bought a couple of other small things and ended up with $209 worth of things for only $38!

I've been searching the Targets in Maryland and a few in Northern VA and I have not found any of the Danby Fridges for $37.48 :gdcry:

Why, why, why can't I find one???

I found one when it was still $104, then waited too long and it was gone when it hit $37. But my store refused to let me buy the display, said something could be wrong with it and they didn't want the responsibility of that!! So I'm sure an employee has it right now.

I've been searching the Targets in Maryland and a few in Northern VA and I have not found any of the Danby Fridges for $37.48 :gdcry:

Why, why, why can't I find one???

I'll take a look at our Target here, and I'll let ya know if we have them for that price.

Depending where you are.. Winchester, VA is only an hour or so from No. va.

Went last night to Target and got some Polly Pocket dolls in a heart container for .49. At first I thought they were in the wrong place but scanned and sure enough part of V-Day. Took the last 6 they had will be nice for DD B-Day.

I got the 3 different ones they had at 75% off ( I paid .99 ) for my niece for her birthday last weekend, she loved them! :yup:

One target by me was only 50% Valentines stuff on Tuesday. I grabbed 3 fleece blankets that had hearts all over them for $2.50 each...they are HUGE blankets and not just throws. I was thrilled. I also got some candy and only found one Valentines day toy set...it was a 6 pack of mini play doughs. I got that for $1.24.

Yesterday at another Target they had 90% off valentines stuff but were pretty pciked over. I got some more candy...little boxes of choclates for .09!!! I also got 2 sets of make your own cards with stickers and such for about .50 a piece. My girlfriend got a HUGE microwave on clearance for $60 but not sure the make/model on that!

I did see bratz twin sized sheets on clearance for $8.xx

My Target doesn't have a limit. Both managers I've dealt with said as long as the coupons are followed correctly (one coupon per item) I could get any amount.

I seriously bought (or got) all the big choxie bars my one Target had. The $3 ones. They had accidently marked them $2 on the rack so the manager said I could have them at that price. I got 42 of them. None for me though. 28 of them are going towards my daughters class for her birthday and the others to put in her gift bags at her birthday party. Now I did't have gracious people behind me. One lady made the comment that if I shouldn't buy the bars if I needed a coupon!!! I was so pissed. How rude. I turned to her and said if the coupons were available why wouldn't you use them? Since they had to correct the price, the cashier had to ring all of them up, then manually change the price of all 42 to $2. Then scan all the coupons. Im seriously done now with the chocolate bars. lol. Got all I needed. I was going to break them up into seperate trips, but when the manager said that she would be changing the price back to $3, I knew I had to go grab the rest. (peppermint ones, caramel, and 4 other kinds).

More on Choxie bars if you aren't already sick of them! I was at one store yesterday, and saw an endcap display of the espresso and peanut butter flavors on clearance for $1.14 I think. They were in the same wrapping as the ones that came in the 3 packs. They looked like they should have been out for vday but maybe arrived too late. they were in boxes standing up. I have more than enough chocolate for my family and for the Death by Chocolate fund raiser baskets at this point, so I passed. They were in the food section if anyone is looking at their stores.

GB is 75% TODAY!!!!! I called at 8:15 and was there by 8:30 lol. It was only one other lady and myself in that section and we both scored big time!!! :) I'm considering checking out another Target later for some more goodies but I'm afraid my husband will take away my credit card lol. :)

I don't know about the furniture but some of the stuff here from Target ends up at the local Goodwill store. They have it priced for a lot more than you could have gotten from Target on clearance!

Same here. Target stuff always ends up at Goodwill and the Goodwill outlet.... I couldn't believe Goodwill built an outlet!

GB is 75% TODAY!!!!! I called at 8:15 and was there by 8:30 lol. It was only one other lady and myself in that section and we both scored big time!!! :) I'm considering checking out another Target later for some more goodies but I'm afraid my husband will take away my credit card lol. :)

I really hope mine go 75% off today ... there is a chair that I really really want!!

So they lied to me! I called earlier and an employee said all GB is only 50%. But I went over there and it was 75% off. I bought a vase, w/a matching bowl, 6 candle holders, bracelets and a metal globe. Plus, I got 10 Choxie candy bars and 5 Debbie Swiss rolls --- for $37. Yippeeee!!!!

More on Choxie bars if you aren't already sick of them! I was at one store yesterday, and saw an endcap display of the espresso and peanut butter flavors on clearance for $1.14 I think. They were in the same wrapping as the ones that came in the 3 packs. They looked like they should have been out for vday but maybe arrived too late. they were in boxes standing up. I have more than enough chocolate for my family and for the Death by Chocolate fund raiser baskets at this point, so I passed. They were in the food section if anyone is looking at their stores.

Hey thanks for the great idea on the Death by Chocolate basket! I'm going to do the same thing for a Youth group silent auction that we have at my church. Gave away all my choxie bars for V-day, so I'll go get a few more, plus with the Little Debbie coupons I'll definately have a good start :)

I will not go...I will not go...I will not go...

oh,,,,but you WILL! If you are like me, you will tell yourself that for about an hour or two.... then you will start thinking of another reason to go out (need milk, have an errand at the post office, etc), then you will go and decide that it would not HURT just to go peruse Target for a few minutes JUST TO LOOK....

And then 2 hours later, you walk out of Target with a buggy full of clearance stuff that you may or may not need for $32.79 that would have originally cost $212.58.

so, save yourself the stress and just go .... ;)

GB in the Melbourne Fl area is at 75% today.....West Melbourne Target didn't have much, Viera still had a decent selection. Nothing I wanted thoough...LOL V-Day is 90% at these two stores also, mostly Valentines and candy message hearts left, I did score a pair of boxers for my son for 79 cents and a pink Hershey bear for 59 cents....Yeah that was about it.

Edit to add....The mead 5 star 2-pack of 2 subject notebooks (with papermate flair pen) was 75% off as well paid 1.24!!!

oh,,,,but you WILL! If you are like me, you will tell yourself that for about an hour or two.... then you will start thinking of another reason to go out (need milk, have an errand at the post office, etc), then you will go and decide that it would not HURT just to go peruse Target for a few minutes JUST TO LOOK....

And then 2 hours later, you walk out of Target with a buggy full of clearance stuff that you may or may not need for $32.79 that would have originally cost $212.58.

so, save yourself the stress and just go .... ;)

What is the saddest part of this whole post is that we all do it... we need to stop giving ourselves ammunition for a 12-step program. The crazy part on my end is that I don't even like anything in GB and I still am itching to go, trying to figure out what I can do to get out of the office even though I didn't get here till 10:30.

What is the saddest part of this whole post is that we all do it... we need to stop giving ourselves ammunition for a 12-step program. The crazy part on my end is that I don't even like anything in GB and I still am itching to go, trying to figure out what I can do to get out of the office even though I didn't get here till 10:30.

What is GB?