Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Just got back and got lots of 90% off valentines stuff. Our store still had a ton of the girls Valentine's skirts/scooters and toddler girls dresses. The skirts were .60! I bought several solid pink ones that look the same as the ones they have now with Easter tags. These will be perfect for my girls to play in this summer!

Valentine's 90% off today.

Got some candy and small gift boxes.

Dd a white short sleeve shirt .89¢

I did find socks in the women's dept. that were Valentine's theme. .29¢-.39¢.

Also got some hershey kissables in little containers for .09¢ each. These were on the end of the regular candy isle in one of those metal racks.

Ready Remote car starter was finally 75% off. Got one for $14.xx.

5 more free chips, 7 more free choxie bars, VDAY: Carter's onsies/sets .79-.99 ea., champagne/strawberry truffles box .69 ea., 2007 calendar .79, baking cups .19, ribbon .19...

Our store was pretty picked overat about 10am this morning, so I'm sure by tomorrow it will all be gone.

Ok i decided to give Target another chance after the issues I had with them before Christmas. Here is my haul for today I think I did pretty good.

Huggies Baby wash with bonus lotion - $1.98 ea (used $1 mfc) = .98ea bought 5 @ this price

Johnson's Soothing Naturals w/ bonus baby wash - $1.98 ea ($1 mfc) = .98ea bought 1

Johnsons Buddies 2pk body wash - $1.98 ea ($1 mfc) = .98 bought 1

Loreal Preference Hair color 2pk - $8.48 ($2 mfc) = $6.48 bought 1

Listerine Pre-brush rinse w/ bonus mouthwash - $2.50 ($1 mfc) = $1.50 bought 1

3 bags of the $1.99 chips (used 3 $1.00 coupons) = $2.98

4 Choxie bars (used 4 $2 coupons) = free

4 bottles of Powerade @ .98 ea = $3.97

2 Little Debbie Swiiss cake rolls @ $1.07 ea (.50 target coupons) = .57 ea

Valentines was still marked 75% off here

I got:

3 Hello Kitty valentines boxes @.39 ea

1 Hershey kisses heart box @ .69

1 heart lollipop bouquet @ .39

1 monkey t-shirt @ .40

2 ooh la la coupon kits @ .69 ea

1 ooh la la love checkers kit @ .69

1 Choxie belgian collection box @ .70

1 Choxie truffle @ $1

2 Truffle Hearts @ .39

I think I did pretty good today maybe I will give Target another chance. I did have a problem with the candy bar coupons the cashier didnt want to take them she said something about someone coming in this morning and buying a bunch I said, after reading the to her 3 times, that I was buying 4 candy bars not the whole store. Geez. She finally after like 10 minutes called someone over and she told the cashier to take them...:D I have many more coupons maybe I will use some at another store.

90% at both of my Targets. I cleaned up!! Pink (nice) plates, cups and bowls for .29 each. Bought 12 of each. Only left a few.

.10 Puppy hard cover books. Bought all of them (putting in my daughters birthday bags)

Mens boxers .69 each. Bought last size medium - 4 pairs (red satin)

Little teddy bears (about 4inches high) .29 - Bought all 12 for my daughters birthday bags)

Smaller sized gift bags (Im using them for birthday bags and for school goodie bags .12 each.

22 choxie bars (big ones as rang up at $2 instead of $3) FREE (peppermint chocolate, mint, and caramel)

20 bags of chips- FREE

I know I got more, but I can't think now. LOL

I was just at my target and yes valentine's day is 90% I found:

1. heart box of chocolate kisses .39

2. red and white tissue paper .22

3. sport's valentines day scrapbook kits .99

4. Dora valentines with stickers .22

5. toddler sweater with hood 1.00

6. toddler capri jeans .98

7. three pack choxie chocolate bars .60 (used by 2.00 coupon so I had a 1.40 cedit)

8. valentine's day plates and napkins .22

9. Valentines's day doodle pro .59

I also picked up 6 additonal choxie bars for free and toddlers bathing suit top 1.48, and the bottoms with are like swim diapers 1.48

The only thing they did not have where small bags of chips.

2 Little Debbie Swiiss cake rolls @ $1.07 ea (.50 target coupons) = .57 ea

Where did you get the Little Debbie coupon??? Are these printables or something you got in the mail? TIA! :)

ETA: OOPS!!!! :blush: I just looked at the most recent Target printables and saw it! Thanks! :o

Had an interesting experience today. Went to an off-the-beaten-path Target and they had a huge amount of V-day stuff at 90% off. As I was happily picking my way through all the goodies, a guy with 2 carts walked up and started putting everything he could into the carts. He didn't even look at what he was getting - just piling it in! He ended up with 5 carts worth, taking most of the good stuff with him. Luckily, I grabbed the things I wanted, but geez! Now I know why my Targets never have any good clearance items left!

Had an interesting experience today. Went to an off-the-beaten-path Target and they had a huge amount of V-day stuff at 90% off. As I was happily picking my way through all the goodies, a guy with 2 carts walked up and started putting everything he could into the carts. He didn't even look at what he was getting - just piling it in! He ended up with 5 carts worth, taking most of the good stuff with him. Luckily, I grabbed the things I wanted, but geez! Now I know why my Targets never have any good clearance items left!

there is a mother/daughter "tag team" that does the same thing here. They just swoop it off and into a cart. Sometimes I see them other times when it isn't holiday clearance, and it seems they follow me to see what clearance items I am putting into my cart. Gives me the creeps. Don't get me wrong, I buy A LOT of holiday clearance stuff, but I do at least look at what I am buying.........

Mine was 90% off V-day stuff today, too. I got some cute little "goodie bags" a pack of 20 for 19 cents. They are clear with red and pink hearts, would hold maybe 4 home made cookies. I think the pattern could be used for ANY occasion. Also got some sugar free conversation hearts, 4 boxes for 19 cents. Cardboard bags of chocolate foil wrapped hearts were 49 cents for 6 ounces. Chocolate company is one I never heard of, probably waxy. http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Feelings/Scratch-Head.gif Lots of socks at 29-69 cents a pair. I ended up with 2 bags full of stuff (including 8 of the FREE Choxie bars) for $3.34! :woot2:

What is the point of that? Geez, we are talking about stuff that costs a few bucks to start with. Do they really EAT all that stuff? Even selling it on ebay would not make much unless the guy stores the stuff until NEXT year. I'd like to know what he does with 5 carts full of crap.

Aside from the Vday stuff, I also found the PS2 Eye Toy with "Play 2" game for $12.xx #207-12-1478, in case anyone is still looking. The MixMax deals were still only 30% off, but they had lots of them and accessories.

They had a "pet vacuum" at 30% off for $20.xx. I have a very "sheddy" dog - does anyone know if those work??

I know I am a little late on this response...

I had no problem at all using 32 choxie coupons and 17 archer farm coupons at a time. If target didn't want us to be using them then they shouldn't list them on the internet. The frist time around I went to my local Target and the lady was rude and said surely there is a limit and they have to be. I said no the coupon does'nt idicate that and went about getting 15 or so. Those I gave out for Valentines to co-workers. I then went to the one close to my work and got 32 and the guy was like I never had to scan so many coupons good deal. The man behind me said I wish I could get a deal like you.

As far as the gum it was the kind in the dollar section.

I went back to Target late in the day, which I rarely do, to check whether or not something got marked down further. The item hadn't changed, but I was passing by sporting goods and saw what looked like a vday throw behind one of the large basketball goal boxes. It was. :-) Guess someone stashed and missed out. I then turned the corner and found a vday red silicon baking mat sitting on an end cap shelf. Then I walked on down to the vday stuff and discovered a set of the heart cookie cutters and 3 of the Wilton heart shaped cake pans! What a haul! All for about $5.50!!! Yeah!

Oh, if anyone in the Los Angeles area was looking for a Golden Tee for $99, they have one at the 2 story Pasadena Target!! It is back in Sporting Goods. I was shocked to see it!

Where did you get the Little Debbie coupon??? Are these printables or something you got in the mail? TIA! :)

ETA: OOPS!!!! :blush: I just looked at the most recent Target printables and saw it! Thanks! :o

you can get the little debbie one at the store kiosk, too. I just actually tried it since I was there, and it worked. just take the whole blue page up to the front. Oh, and there is no doubting that you printed it off the website, since you did it in the store.

there is a mother/daughter "tag team" that does the same thing here. They just swoop it off and into a cart. Sometimes I see them other times when it isn't holiday clearance' date=' and it seems they follow me to see what clearance items I am putting into my cart. Gives me the creeps. Don't get me wrong, I buy A LOT of holiday clearance stuff, but I do at least look at what I am buying.........[/quote']

They all sound like swap meet sellers. People who sell online are more picky. People who sell at swap meets can afford to be less picky. They might also do the liquidation thing.

Did he actually purchase everything in his cart?

Do you think he just put everything in his cart and then went to another part of the store and sorted through it and took what he wanted?

I just wouldn't have the nerve to do that.

How rude!

Did he actually purchase everything in his cart?

Do you think he just put everything in his cart and then went to another part of the store and sorted through it and took what he wanted?

I just wouldn't have the nerve to do that.

How rude!

The gal at the checkout couldn't stop talking about "the guy with five carts full", so I guess he bought everything.

Just got back from Target. First trip got 10 free chips, 10 free Choxies and a Danby Fridge $37.48 + 30% off, was display. Total $27.60. Checker said coupon would only work on big bag of chips, had to call manager. Finally let me have them. Second trip did not use the chip coupon, did not want the trouble. So got 9 free Choxies, 1 Little Debbie, and a Spiderman Ready Bed. Total $7.85. Used different checker she refused the Choxie coupons and the Little Debbie coupon. Called manager again, the little debbie i printed in the store and they all scanned. Manager let me have them was not happy. Checker followed me to door and stopped me, shook the coupons at me and told me district manager would be called and I would not be allowed to use coupons again. Will call Target 1-800 number tomorrow.

Just got back from Target. First trip got 10 free chips, 10 free Choxies and a Danby Fridge $37.48 + 30% off, was display. Total $27.60.

I've been searching the Targets in Maryland and a few in Northern VA and I have not found any of the Danby Fridges for $37.48 :gdcry:

Why, why, why can't I find one???

I found a whole bunch of valentines tissue and gift bags in the wrapping paper section today at the State Line store. There was a TON of it. Guess someone missed putting it in with the valentines stuff. It was all 19cents per bundle. Doesn't look valentinesy at all, so I'm hoping to use it for stuffing into gift bags. Also found some stray bags of candy mixed in with the regular candy aisle... Dove with carmel and Hershey Kisses with carmel... 29 cents a bag.

Also got a two pack of Jif peanut butter (giant sized jars) for $3.50 (regular $7). I used a couple of peanut butter coupons (I think they were expired) plus a manufacturers coupon. Pretty good deal considering I had to take all my poisonous Peter Pan stuff (manufacturer recall) back for a refund. My kids were going through PB&J withdrawl!

I did see Similac and Nestle infant formula for 1/2 price ($11.xx) for big containers. A great deal for someone who needs it!! My baby is past that stage.:(

Hoping that all the linens (Woolrich blankets and such) don't go 75% until next week. I can't remember what day of the week those things get marked. Hubby and I are leaving for Mexico early tomorrow morning to chase some sunshine (hopefully) for a few days!! That's why I had to make a long trip to Target tonight by myself to get my "fix" before I leave!! (I don't think they have Targets in Mexico, do they?? :smirk: ) If I mention Target in Mexico, I'm pretty sure he'd hit me over the head with a bottle of Tequila!

I went to Target last week and used a bunch (15) coupons for the choxie candy and another 20 on the chips...I go tonite and the cashier told me I can only use FIVE yes 5 internet coupons per transaction...I had so much stuff other than the coupons I didn't even think to make her ring it all up seperatly!! I think I will do that next time!!! bet she will let me use more than 5 internet coupons per transaction then!!! Oh and she wouldn't let me use the archer farms chip coupon on pretzels which I did last time too!!!! People make me so darn ugly!! they are the nearest target to me and it is about 25-30 miles of heavy traffic driving to get there!!

Anyone else have this problem with the 5 coupons per transaction BS?? Or is it just someone too lazy to bother with scanning them all??

I went to Target last week and used a bunch (15) coupons for the choxie candy and another 20 on the chips...I go tonite and the cashier told me I can only use FIVE yes 5 internet coupons per transaction...I had so much stuff other than the coupons I didn't even think to make her ring it all up seperatly!! I think I will do that next time!!! bet she will let me use more than 5 internet coupons per transaction then!!! Oh and she wouldn't let me use the archer farms chip coupon on pretzels which I did last time too!!!! People make me so darn ugly!! they are the nearest target to me and it is about 25-30 miles of heavy traffic driving to get there!!

Anyone else have this problem with the 5 coupons per transaction BS?? Or is it just someone too lazy to bother with scanning them all??

It sounds like there are a lot of very poorly trained cashiers out there. However, I have also heard them say that they are told one thing one day, then another. Seems like the company isn't doing a very good job with the whole thing. I think the more of us that call and complain about the problem the better.

On a separate note, if anyone has a Playmobil fan in their family, they have the Pirate Treasure Chest marked down 30% at one of the local stores. They did the Knights Treasure Chest after Christmas but not the Pirates. A lot of the stores seem to have removed them, entirely, so I think you'll only see them at a few stores.

last week I was told I could have 1 internet coupon and 1 manufacturers coupon per item now it is 5 internet coupons per transaction...just wondering if policy changed between thursday and today!! lol

I am going to call and say just that tomorrow at 7am since that is when they open and I have to leave for work by 8....will let you all know what they tell me tomorrow!!