Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Found a super nice throw rug today for the end of my staircase for only $2.78 (regularly $14.99)

Found the Play 2 for PS2 with USB camera for $6.48 down from $49.99

Faux Fur purple/white twin comforter $8.71 down from $39.99

2 black leather dvd holders (carrying kind) for a portable dvd player. $2.78 (my son is getting one for christmas so mind as well buy now for later!)

Bra for myself for only $1.98 down from $14.99

Mens knit boxers (hanes) 2 pack $1.68 down from $8.99

Rawlings baseball for .40- official one. They had over 50 of these. Bought a few for the dogs!

Probably more, but I can't think. LOL. Good day. This stuff alone would have been way over $100 origonally. The cashier asked me where I found the Play 2 for PS2 as he wanted one. I had to say sorry as I found this one on an end cap where the picture frames were!

Many, many times the red stickered price is not the price it scans. So always scan the item if not too big. For the bigger items, if your store has the new scanners with the number pad on them, then you can look on the item or tag for a 9 digit number that looks like a social security number. punch that number into the scanner and press enter and it should show the current price.

otherwise, take a pencil and paper with you and jot down any numbers you want to have checked for bigger stuff. All of the cashiers & customer service folk have been very nice and more than happy to punch up the number for me to tell me how much it is.

In other words, don't just overlook an item you really want thinking the red sticker is the price of it. It may be cheaper and just never got re-tagged. Or if they are in the process of re-tagging, chances are the lower price is already in their computer but they just physically have not made it to retagging that item.

My store does extremely well on marking down items. Very rarely are the stickers wrong. I was waiting on a duvet cover and some blankets once. Every week, I made my daughter carry it over to the scanner and check it out. Every week, it was the price marked. One week, it was finally ticketed down to the 75% off. And yep, it was finally 75% off so we bought the blankets and the duvet cover.

My only point in mentioning this is to point out that each store is only as good as their employees. My store seems to do a good job. However, I have noticed that they don't always change all the signs and occasionally if there is more than one product, they do miss one.

I love looking through Target tho for the great deals. I am waiting patiently for Global to go down. I htink I may pick up some smaller things at the first mark down this time...just so I get what I really want.

Again, I appreciate everyone here sharing their stories....it helps sooo much!

Found a super nice throw rug today for the end of my staircase for only $2.78 (regularly $14.99)

Found the Play 2 for PS2 with USB camera for $6.48 down from $49.99

Faux Fur purple/white twin comforter $8.71 down from $39.99

2 black leather dvd holders (carrying kind) for a portable dvd player. $2.78 (my son is getting one for christmas so mind as well buy now for later!)

Bra for myself for only $1.98 down from $14.99

Mens knit boxers (hanes) 2 pack $1.68 down from $8.99

Rawlings baseball for .40- official one. They had over 50 of these. Bought a few for the dogs!

Probably more, but I can't think. LOL. Good day. This stuff alone would have been way over $100 origonally. The cashier asked me where I found the Play 2 for PS2 as he wanted one. I had to say sorry as I found this one on an end cap where the picture frames were!

Wow! I'd love to find that PS2 camera and those cheap baseballs! We never had them here.

I got the 15 pack of Brawny paper towels for 6.24 (50%) off. I also found a Michael Graves fodue set for $5.04 (reg. 39.99). It looks really nice. Ifound a Rubbermaid wrapping organizer sitting alone on an endcap for $1.98 (75% off) so of course I grabbed it. I also got 5 free bags of chips and 9 free Choxie bars, and used 2 of the $1 off Dr. Pepper coupons. Of course I bought about $30 of non clearance as well lol.

Okay I'm an avid reader of this thread and this is the first I've heard of free bags of chips...what are we talking about here???? Details please! :yup:

Okay I'm an avid reader of this thread and this is the first I've heard of free bags of chips...what are we talking about here???? Details please! :yup:

There is a target coupon for $1 off a bag of Archer Farms chips. The single serve ones (by the cash registers) are only .89 so you can get them for free! :) You do have to have a coupon for each bag though.

Here is the link to the Target coupons that have not expired yet. (the chips coupon is on here!)

http://coupons.50webs.org/

great coupons. I have heard several of you refer to them, but didn't know where to get them. I know that they have some on their website from time to time, but I never think to check. I assume that the Supertarget coupons are ONLY good at Supertargets? We don't have any within 100 miles of us here in LA, which is a bummer. We have a Greatland nearby but that is it.

great coupons. I have heard several of you refer to them, but didn't know where to get them. I know that they have some on their website from time to time, but I never think to check. I assume that the Supertarget coupons are ONLY good at Supertargets? We don't have any within 100 miles of us here in LA, which is a bummer. We have a Greatland nearby but that is it.

The coupons are good at either type of Targets, regular or Super. I use them at ours and its just a regular one.

thanks you guys! i went yesterday and found great deals. i asked soemone to go to the top rack and price check all the triax bikes. so he pulled his little machine up there adn told me that the price sticker said 69.oo clearance. he acted like i was really a hassel wehn i asked him to scan it just to make sure. it came up 22.00!!! i also found one of the barbie scooters. the tricycle, the princess ready beds, and the color wonders were all coming up full price. oh well. i also got a cart full fo groceries using the target coupons and my hubby was pleasantly shocked when i got home and told him i had only spent 48.00!

went to the Towncenter Target in Jax, FL today. There is a lot of bedding 30% off, I found some photo albums at 30% off as well. I have yet to find any furniture marked down. There are also some blanket sleepers for toddlers at 50% off, I got 2 because we are going to MI in March.

went to the Towncenter Target in Jax, FL today. There is a lot of bedding 30% off, I found some photo albums at 30% off as well. I have yet to find any furniture marked down. There are also some blanket sleepers for toddlers at 50% off, I got 2 because we are going to MI in March.

Mornin bfshoppergirl... I think you, I and Floridashopper are very close to each other. I'll watch the Target at Jax & Wells and see if there's furniture. Can't beat the coupons here. My favorite Target is the one on 17.

I hear there's a big sidewalk sale at Home Depot this Saturday.

There is a target coupon for $1 off a bag of Archer Farms chips. The single serve ones (by the cash registers) are only .89 so you can get them for free! :) You do have to have a coupon for each bag though.

Aha! Thanks, I even have the chips coupon but did not even think about single serving sizes, I just looked at the regular sized bags. I did get my free choxie bar last night. First I looked in the candy section for them and they only had weird flavors - like chipotle flavor (Yuck! Why would I want spicy chocolate?) Then I looked at the cash register and found more normal flavors...lol

My Target was cleaned out compared to last week, all the sporting goods, furniture, and baby clearance was GONE! I figured with all the cold weather and snow that a lot of the stuff would've still been there. Oh well.

I did find the red wine coolers people have been talking about. They scanned item not found, but a nice lady helped me out and scanned it with her gun thing and she was a bit suprised when she told me $19.99 - I told her that was exactly what I was looking for :) So I grabbed two, one for myself and one for a mother's day present for my step-mom. I even left one on the shelf (Columbus SE Target if anyone is near and wants one). They have an adjustable thermostat that can go down to 44 degrees. I am going to take mine to work and use it for storing drinks and stuff. I also got the rubbermaid cloth material ribbon holder Christmas thing for $1.9x.

Hello!!! Good findings for me today!!!

2 - Magna 24 inch 21 speed bikes, $19.98 each was $110.00

5 - Aspen ski/sled/snow goggles, $4.98 each was $19.99

5 - Rubbermaid organizers, $1.98 each was $7.99

2 - Infantino smat rider baby carriers, $12.48 each was $49.99

2 - BebeSounds Prenatal Heart Listeners, $4.97 each was $19.99

2 - Digital Baby Monitors, $12.48 each, was $49.99

3 - Classic Pooh bedding sets, $9.98 each, was $75.99

0 - Kleenex Napkins, $1.79 each, they are now considered "winter" which made no sense to the LOD. I didn't ask, she commented and I passed on them. I have plenty.

3 - Cascade buckets, $1.24 each, was $12.49, THIS IS HOW THEY SCANNED, I did not ask or scam as another poster suggested some were doing. These have been at my store since before Christmas and were originally included in the Christmas clearance. If they've recieved more or found some in back, they haven't changed the prices.

1 - Dream along mobile, $4.98 was $19.99

1 - Giddy up and go gym, $8.74 was $34.99

Hope you all have good luck too!:yup:

Hi, are all the bikes 50% off or 75% off.

Are these good bikes?

I would like to buy one, however I never heard of the Manga brand before.

Went to Target on Monday. Was not happy in the fluctuation of prices. I was looking at a shirt that was marked $13.00. But then I kept looking and found the same shirt, same color marked down for $3.24. :mad: What a hassle to have to look through every item on the rack.

I was really happy with the elephant tent I got for $6.00. And also the fireman sleeping bags that came package in a bag with a water bottle and flashight for only $2.34. :)

If anyone has a question about using Target coupons this is the response I received from Target Corporate...

You can print this out and keep it with you but it would probably be best if you emailed Target corporate yourself and printed out the email they send directly to you.

HTH

Dear xxxxx xxxxxx,

Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping at Target, and we make it easy to use them at our stores. But because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target:

-We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued coupons.

-We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.

-We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in that case, we'll adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.

-We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.

All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier at the time of sale.

Have questions or want more information about using coupons at Target? Check with a Guest Services Team Leader at your local store. You can also give us a call at (800) 440-0680, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. We'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Julie

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

just wanted to say thanks for the idea of using the chip coupons on the smaller bags so you get them for free i thought it was good for last week with the sale it made the big bags 75 cents but ill take the littler bags for free yeahhh also the lysol products are on sale for 187 with the 1$ off coupons in the paper makes them 87 cents and scrubbing bubbles are on sale as well i think there are printable ones somewhere cant remember where tho sorry. i love when i get a cashier that will play the name your price game a got a funky silver fruit bowl for 2.48 dont know what the full price was so i think i got a good deal LOL and the choxie bar with coconuts and almonds is yummy got my mom the one with the hot spice in it and it wasnt bad

I did find the red wine coolers people have been talking about. They scanned item not found, but a nice lady helped me out and scanned it with her gun thing and she was a bit suprised when she told me $19.99 - I told her that was exactly what I was looking for :) So I grabbed two, one for myself and one for a mother's day present for my step-mom. I even left one on the shelf (Columbus SE Target if anyone is near and wants one).

Which Target was this? I see you said Columbus SE but I'm not sure which one you're referring to.

SW VA Target last night...

Finally found the Greatland camping chairs with ottoman for 75% off ($3.24)

Still loads of .75 water bottles

Men's toiletry bag 1.98 with several other styles at 3.xx

boys' retro beatles LS tee 2.xx

Ski clothing/gear (gloves, facemasks, hoodies) all at 75% off although most not stickered as such

Hi, are all the bikes 50% off or 75% off.

Are these good bikes?

I would like to buy one, however I never heard of the Manga brand before.

Magna is real popular. Sold at Target, Walmart, TRU, Kmart, Sams, etc. The 2 I got are the same numbers, 082080012, 24 inch bikes. They are called the Magna, Great/Divide model and have 21 grip shifting speeds, cantilever brakes, shimano equipped, NCX2 advanced rebound suspension system. The color is different, they're like a reddish-orangish, but not red or orange, lol.

My stores have racks and racks of clearance bikes, they don't seem to be moving. (This was 4 days ago).

I'll be using these as door prizes at our school dance. Some kids have already seen them and are goin' nuts about them already. All are 75% off or more by me. You ask if they're good bikes.... well, for $19.98, YEAH! :yup: