Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I hurried out this morning when I saw the MixMax was 75%, none in our store, in fact nothing of the Disney Mix sticks anywhere, not covers, discs or the actual players so I asked since there was a ton there on Fri and he said they salvaged them out and they left the store. WHAT, I told him that they went to 75% yesterday in some areas and he told me because we are a HOT area that they moved them out, they are trying something new. What the hecks up with that, are they going to another area to sell at 75%? or 50%.

You know, I'll bet that is what happened with the Playstation 2 Eye Toy game I saw for 50% off on Saturday, as well as a lot of Disney max clips. Saturday afternoon there were like 16 or so of those things. But Monday afternoon there were none.

Where DOES stuff that is 'salvage' go to??? Is there a Target outlet somewhere?

You know, I'll bet that is what happened with the Playstation 2 Eye Toy game I saw for 50% off on Saturday, as well as a lot of Disney max clips. Saturday afternoon there were like 16 or so of those things. But Monday afternoon there were none.

It goes to the Goodwill. :)

This is why I wish I had the Target 800 on my cell phone speed dial. When I hear something so stupid like that, I'd be pulling out my phone and saying "hey - let's hear what your corporate office has to say about this!"

There is an 800 number!?! Can you pass that along? I usually resort to snail mail.

It was either an Emerson or a Sunbeam. I am thinking Emerson? .... I do remember it was a smallish 900 watt oven or 900 cubic unit or something.... I am not familiar with microwave ovens.

I looked on target.com but do not see the model .... I plan to go back either tomorrow or Friday and if they are still there will try to get the number for it.

I think it was an Emerson microwave also. Its $42.00 at my local target store.

I don't know why a toaster oven would cost more than a microwave. Target had some toaster ovens, and toasters that were $62.00 and $17.00. I need it to be 75% off before I can buy. They also had lamps at 50% off. The arcade video game with nine different game was $20.00.

It goes to the Goodwill. :)

Some goes to Goodwill, some goes to the Salvation Army, and some goes to Big Lots. I am no Big Lots fan, but I have seen it very clearly when they are clearing out salvage toys from Target. I go there once in a while and have seen them. They did it the last 2 summers in a row.

Some goes to Goodwill, some goes to the Salvation Army, and some goes to Big Lots. I am no Big Lots fan, but I have seen it very clearly when they are clearing out salvage toys from Target. I go there once in a while and have seen them. They did it the last 2 summers in a row.

I've also seen Target stuff at Rugged Warehouse. I think it also depends on where your Target is located. My Super Target is right across the street from Goodwill and their stuff goes over there. They don't keep clearance around very long IMHO. My other Target keeps stuff way longer - it's not a Super Target.

I missed the 75% baby clearance at my local store, so drove to the next closest one last night and hit the jackpot! I got the Fisher Price Digital Baby Monitors (12.50), Winnie the Pooh bottle gift sets (3.24), Baby Books (3.24), 7 piece baby gift sets with hooded towel, wash cloths, socks etc. (4.24), several 2 packs of sleepers and knit pants (2.48), 4 packs of onesies (2.48), mam Pacifiers (1.00), bibs (.74), 6 packs of socks (1.74) and much more! They also had a few crib sets down to 16.00, a Snugli infant carrier for 12.50, and 2 breast pumps for 75% off. I could not believe my luck! Great day at Target!!!

I anyone is in the West Palm Beach Area and sees the chips for the mix=stix on clearance 50% or more please please let me know. I was at the one at 411 and lantana and they where all sold out since x-mas and when they scanned the display for me they said they where discontinued.

Thank you in advance.

I just got back from an Orlando, FL Target and pickings were slim. I bought 3 packages of contour changing pad covers for $2.24(?) each but that was about it. They did finally mark down some of the girl's 3 piece sleepwear sets to 75% off - $4 and change (pink with Monkeys on them) - but they didn't have the size I needed.

Question - I bought an Elmo sprinkler that has a price tag beneath the lot of them stating something like $2.24 but it rang up at $9.99. Will they refund the difference if they mismarked them?

Why u think they will go to 75% and why do u say thursday?I wonder if i can get a adjustment if they do.I'd love to save another $100.00.I dont think u can price adjust clearance though.

I always hit my Target on Thursday. It is the best day for me and I find the most deals at my Target that day.

Occasionally I have noticed furniture going down to 75% off so am hoping that since my Target still had a few left, that they will want to get them out of there and mark em down again.

The only way you can get an adjustment on a clearance item is if they still have the exact item you bought previously. You can buy it again and return it with the other receipt I believe.

I went today and just happened to find a 10 pc Calphalon cookware set sitting there. I am guessing people were avoiding it because it's marked $104.98 and the box was destroyed, taped together. I took it to the scanner and it scanned at $37.xx and I thought, so what if a piece is missing? It's a $150 cookware set for $37!!

Nothing is missing, though!! :)

Okay, I think I am finding the answer to my question about where the GOOD stuff goes.. apparently it is shipped off to liquidators and surplus buyers like this one:

http://www.liquidation.com/index.html

Apparently, this is where some of those fire bowls and solar lights went .... http://cgi.liquidation.com/auction/view?id=1112188 and the manifest: http://i.liquidation.com/aucimg/1112/m1112188.htm

I think I need to figure out how to turn my perimeter perusing into a business... any north florida budding business folk out there who want to capitalize on our addiction?

I went back to Target to get my refund for the amount that I was over charged for the Tony Hawk board and xbox game. I didn't have any problems even though it was still ringing up 49.98 but the clearance sticker for 22.54 was on there so I guess they couldn't say anything. I found one 10 pack of MM apple juice boxes and they are still ringing up 0.69. I also got a PS2 eye toy game with the camera for 12.48. So I guess I had a pretty good day today.:D

Which 10 pc Calphalon is it? Has anyone seen the proseries set yet at 75%. I have been buying them piece by piece & would return them if I can get the set cheaper. It is $299!

This is the one I got today for $37.48 DPCI is 070011075.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-9/qid=1170202947/ref=sr_1_9/602-4679733-9178224?ie=UTF8&asin=B0007IN688

I got this one a couple of weeks ago when it was 50% off for $74.98 DPCI is 070010490.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-4/qid=1170203095/ref=sr_1_4/602-4679733-9178224?ie=UTF8&asin=B0001BFD78

I haven't seen the proseries on clearance at any of the Target stores I shop at.

Okay, I think I am finding the answer to my question about where the GOOD stuff goes.. apparently it is shipped off to liquidators and surplus buyers like this one:

http://www.liquidation.com/index.html

You know, I think that is exactly what this is, at least the toy lot sale. I recognize that there are a number of target exclusives in the photos, so I think an individual or group has gone, bought everything they could stick in a few carts, and then are selling it that way. Faster than ebay, certainly.

You know, I think that is exactly what this is, at least the toy lot sale. I recognize that there are a number of target exclusives in the photos, so I think an individual or group has gone, bought everything they could stick in a few carts, and then are selling it that way. Faster than ebay, certainly.

This lot (and several others on that site) are being sold by Target for $100 starting bid and has 3 of the Electric Guitars http://i.liquidation.com/aucimg/1109/m1109575.htm I know our Goodwill buys the Salvage by the pallet at a pretty good price for resale

I am so upset because i was watching the disney mix things for about two weeks, my Target too had about 20 of them, I went yesterday and they were all gone! I really need someone to find out where and why Can't Target just lower the price to sell them. What is the point of them going to Goodwill when people could buy them at a cheaper price when they normally couldn't Isn't that charity? I wanted them so bad and now i'll never be able to afford them. Please help!

I am so upset because i was watching the disney mix things for about two weeks, my Target too had about 20 of them, I went yesterday and they were all gone! I really need someone to find out where and why Can't Target just lower the price to sell them. What is the point of them going to Goodwill when people could buy them at a cheaper price when they normally couldn't Isn't that charity? I wanted them so bad and now i'll never be able to afford them. Please help!

If they went to your local Goodwill thrift store (or Salvation Army) then they will be put out on the shelf there for sale and normally for a pretty low price. Maybe you could call and see if they got them and you could buy one there? That's what I normally do if I miss something. Good luck!

This lot (and several others on that site) are being sold by Target for $100 starting bid and has 3 of the Electric Guitars http://i.liquidation.com/aucimg/1109/m1109575.htm I know our Goodwill buys the Salvage by the pallet at a pretty good price for resale

Yes, I see those now. I was looking at:

http://cgi.liquidation.com/auction/view?id=1118615

which is listed by alertrading and is clearly Target clearance merchandise.

Yes, I see those now. I was looking at:

http://cgi.liquidation.com/auction/view?id=1118615

which is listed by alertrading and is clearly Target clearance merchandise.

Wow, too bad shipping is so much, those are some great deals! :yup:

Our Target had bulk items for 50% off today. The Tony Hawk sets were still $44.xx :mad: They were loading up all the clearance helmets and skates onto a flatbed but they were only 50% off so hopefully they were just moving them?

I know I've been making way too many trips to Target lately ... security follows me now, wither they think I'm ripping them off or maybe they are letting me do the work to find them some good deals :razz:

All the Disney mix (video) have all disappeared. All the Disney mix (music MP3s) also disappeared. I was lucky to find one on a clearence shelf, scanner showed not in inventory but it still had the 50% off $24.xx price, so I got it for that. All the carying cases/holder for them disappeared as well. These only went to 50% then Target moved them out. BUT in a Target across town all of the above is available at regular price - has never been marked down. Go Figure.:confused:

I'm not sure about the Target items that go to charity here, but I CAN tell you (from someone I know who works at the Goodwill), the staff goes through all the donations, picks out what they want, and a LOT of it is shipped to a bigger city about an hour from here.

If they do the same thing with the Target salvage items, I'm positive the staff will grab them all up and do whatever they want with them, IF they left any, I bet they'd go to the big city and I'd never get the chance :(