Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I saw the dora the explorer mattress and they where marked 19.58 but when I scanned it the screen said Item not found. Went to customer service and they scanned all four on the shelf which said item not found. They would not reduce it any more. rke

If you go back, try to go mid morning (if that is an option) and walk around until you find the markdown team. That will be a team of workers (almost always women) who are working together. They will have shopping carts with small printers on them. The printers are about 5 inches cubed in size and black. They will have a roll of those red markdown stickers attached. Ask one of them to check the price. Tell them that it rings up Item Not Found, and they will know how to check it properly. They will almost certainly put one of those larger red and white striped tickets over the bar code with the right price. I should have said this sooner. If they say something about the sticker on it, tell them again that it rings up INF, and that you think it is the wrong sticker. These are the people you always want to take an item that you think has been missed in the markdown process (which does indeed happen). Customer service isn't actually allowed to do additional markdowns except in very rare circumstances. These gals are always able to tell if an item was missed or not. I try not to bother them too much, but they all know me by now, and are always willing to check. They usually take their "lunch" break around 10 am as they start around 6 am. And they finish work by 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Sometimes even earlier.

Okay, based on the comments here, I'm up for a Disney mix (non video one) for my DD - when they drop to 75% off. Thanks.;)

Careful on that one. In my local Target I saw it go down to 50%. Two weeks later when I went back they were in a new display back at full price. Not the first time I saw this happen on an item.

I talked my husband into going to Target with me last night. It had been awhile since I had gone and really needed to do some clearance shopping!!! :) I didn't find any great bargains, but I walked out with 3 bags for $45. That's not bad. I found a really cute purse for $8.xx. It was only 50%, but it's the only one they had left. I got a hat/glove/scarf set for my neice for next year for $4.95 ($19.95) and I got a couple pairs of mittens for around $2. I got my mom some flannel pj's for 50% off. (again, the only one they had left, so I figured I'd better get it) I got some candles marked 75% off too. I can't remember what else. Now, I really want to hit another Target!!! (or 2 or 3) Maybe I'll do that this weekend! :)

I found a Hip Sips by Rubbermaid for my daughter's lunchbox - it was 2.48 (orig 9.99) - it is a water bottle with a cool insulated wrap and they are in a clear box - some of them had a cute denim jean wrap and some others had a pink suede wrap. INSIDE this bottle there are things for the kids to decorate the bottle wrap with AND there is one of the little sharpies (the kind you would put on your key ring - these things are like $2 by themselves in the school supply aisle). Also they FINALLY marked down their blanket footed sleepers for big girls and i got some for 3.48 (i think we got pink penquins and some frogs) -

Can someone describe the Graco travel system? I went to my local Target last night, nothing was on clearance. If I venture out to another I would like to go prepared. I am pregnant and can't lift the boxes to scan. :gdthankyou:

The one I saw at my Target in NC was the Evenflo brand, but I cannot remember anything else about it! They made it easy at ours- all of the 75% big baby items were on a shelf between the car seats and the start of the shoe department. I checked the regular shelves but it looked like everything clearance had been pulled out. I wish I could give you more details! I am pregnant too, so I understand about lifting those boxes! Good luck.

Can someone describe the Graco travel system? I went to my local Target last night, nothing was on clearance. If I venture out to another I would like to go prepared. I am pregnant and can't lift the boxes to scan. :gdthankyou:

If you take a pad of paper in with you, you can write down the dcpi number and input it at the price scanners (or at least in our store you can). Its usually the set of numbers that have three numbers than a space three numbers space etc, it might work with the UPC code too. I have done this with items that are too heavy to life or drag around to the scanner LOL. The number might be on the shelf too, I was doing that for awhile with the electric guitars that were clearancing out, I just wrote the number down and checked the scanner each time.

If you take a pad of paper in with you, you can write down the dcpi number and input it at the price scanners (or at least in our store you can).

Great Tip!!!! I wish I had known this yesterday! I had wanted to know the price of a bike but no one was around and I did not want to wait for a sales person! Thanks!

Does anyone have the dpci number for the Rival fountain that was marked down to $12.48?

I bought one but it didnt have the price sticker on it. Here are the numbers that are on the box

6-488947445-6 BF15006EB1 and AHE552. Hope this helps.:D

Today I got

nice set of darts marked 8.98 dpci is 088050223

Fishing lures 091001238 for 2.48 Ds Easter basket

fishing/lunch bag 4.98 091001102 DS Easter Basket

Vectron flying thing 4.98 087050357 (next boy BD present)

Game pen 081021431 for .98 Dh Easter basket

They said more toys would be marked down tomorrow.

Is there a lot of large baby items on clearance? I didn't see anything at my Target. :(

Linda...Every Target is different. I have 3 in my area. One has already clearanced and removed all baby items. All the new stuff is out and ready to buy. They just did that today. Two other Targets, still have the clearanced items at regular price. I guess they are either way behind or they haven't received the new stuff yet. I guess you could ask the manager if they have clearanced out their old baby stuff yet. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Well apparently I am about a week to late at my target.:mad: I asked one of the ladies and she said they started the sale some time last week and the same day EVERYTHING was gone. She also said that most of the cashiers were the ones that bought everything up.

Does anyone know when the global bazaar stuff goes on sale?

I just got back from target and I found the Disney little Mermaid towels marked down to $2.24 and also the disney princess fleece blankets on sale for $4.74, they were marked down only 30%, but I scanned them and they were 75% off. I bought 2 disney princess, 1 sponge bob, and one Dora the Explorer. I also found a 10 piece T-fal encore cookware set (dpci 070-01-0668) originally $79.99 marked down to $19.99, these come in black or red. I also saw a calphon 8 or 10 piece set marked down to $57.00 originally $228.00. it was in a black box.

If you take a pad of paper in with you, you can write down the dcpi number and input it at the price scanners (or at least in our store you can). Its usually the set of numbers that have three numbers than a space three numbers space etc, it might work with the UPC code too. I have done this with items that are too heavy to life or drag around to the scanner LOL. The number might be on the shelf too, I was doing that for awhile with the electric guitars that were clearancing out, I just wrote the number down and checked the scanner each time.

There are about 10 Targets within 15 minutes of me...and some of them have the older style scanners that don't have a keypad. It drives me nuts when I want to know the price of something heavy. :rolleyes:

I just got back from target and I found the Disney little Mermaid towels marked down to $2.24 and also the disney princess fleece blankets on sale for $4.74, they were marked down only 30%, but I scanned them and they were 75% off. I bought 2 disney princess, 1 sponge bob, and one Dora the Explorer. I also found a 10 piece T-fal encore cookware set (dpci 070-01-0668) originally $79.99 marked down to $19.99, these come in black or red. I also saw a calphon 8 or 10 piece set marked down to $57.00 originally $228.00. it was in a black box.

WOW I hope my Target has the 19.99 Tfal! I'm gonna go check tomorrow!

I was able to get some of those collapsible Rubbermaid bowls with lids for $1.74 today, down from $6.99. Also some nice slacks hangers 3 for less than a dollar. Not a huge haul, but I was happy.

Also saw about 7 of the aquarium swings at 2 different Targets in my are of LA. The Torrid bikes are still only 50% in my area, but I am guessing they'll go lower this week yet. They are bright yellow here, instead of green. Also, they are identifiable, if you haven't seen them, by the little number thingy in front of the handle bars - like for BMX.

I also got tired of lifting gar seats last Sat. The girl in the dept said all clearance was marked. She lied!!! I pulled the paper with the bar code & disc. that is slid into a plastic sleve on the shelf & scanned them. I found a $119 carseat that scanned at $34 !! Too bad for me the manager checked & none in stock within 90 miles.

itzjussmee - hey where in KCMO do you live? What Targets do you go to most? I live in S. Olathe and KCTraderbear who posts on this board lives in Overland Park. It would be great if we could get a network together and let each other know about great deals at each of the Targets - that is if you guys feel like sharing info.

I also live in Olathe and would like to know if anyone else is finding some of the deals the rest of the posters are finding. I've went to both Targets in Olathe and one in Overland Park and found some clearence stuff, but not like what everyone else is finding. And every single thing I scan is marked correctly!!! No fun finds at all! Are any of you others in Johnson county having any luck???