Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Good day today.

Got the the 16qt Roaster Oven for 7.48

Insulated flannel shirt reg 21.99 paid 5.48

10 pack solar lights reg 79.99 paid 6.48

Leather man set with travel mug reg 49.99 paid 12.48

Looks like my new crusing day in Target will be Friday's :)

I think I'll have to check out Target more often. I didn't realize how much stuff goes on clearance w/o being advertised. My one Target is only a year old, would they keep having these clearances or are these Targets which have been around awhile?

Always had clearance no matter how old tyhe store is at least from what I've seen. The stuff posted here would never be advertized.

I had to return a few things today, so I took a look around :)

I saw...

24" purple girls/womens bikes for $29.xx

all winter boots and slippers were 75% off

the Bratz leapster game, finally down to $5.xx

lots of clearance in the food section, but most only 15-30% off

I am still finding leftover unmarked 75% off toys mixed in with the regular toys. I haven't found anything I need, but it's a fun hunt :)

I went yesterday and the toy clearance was almost gone. I did get the Brats leapster game for 6.xx and they had baby brats bride and groom set for 5.xx but thats all i saw that was any good. I also got blanket sleeper pajamas for dd for 3.48. she loves these and it is hard to find in her size so bought 3 of them.

Thats all i bought but i saw alot of other stuff on clearance, just didnt need it so i didn't even look.

Good day today.

Got the the 16qt Roaster Oven for 7.48

Insulated flannel shirt reg 21.99 paid 5.48

10 pack solar lights reg 79.99 paid 6.48

Leather man set with travel mug reg 49.99 paid 12.48

Looks like my new crusing day in Target will be Friday's :)

Do you happen to have any other information on the solar lights?

Thanks!

Kimberely

I think I'll have to check out Target more often. I didn't realize how much stuff goes on clearance w/o being advertised. My one Target is only a year old, would they keep having these clearances or are these Targets which have been around awhile?

Actually, the younger stores sometimes clear stuff out faster, especially if they aren't shopped as frequently. The stores that haven't been open for a year don't really count toward financial data that the corporation reports to Wall Street. That's why analysts say things like "Results from Target's (or Walmart or K-Mart, etc.....) SAME STORE sales"-- just another way to say stores that have been open for at least a year.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Somone in the financial field feel free to correct me or better explain it if they can!

Anyway, although ALL Target stores want to make money (obviously) the younger stores (less than a year) that might not be shopped as much seem to be able to take more liberties with their markdowns-- at least from what I've found. I've seen the new stores sometimes go straight to 50% off items verses following the 15/30/50/75 pattern that other stores follow. One manager of a brand new store told me once, "we'll be the clearance store now for awhile!"

Of course, we have GOBS of Target stores around this city, so competition among stores may also have a lot to do with it.

I've been keeping my eye on a few things and hit the jackpot today!

Evenflo Congo Journey Travel System (Reg. $129.99, now $32.48 ~ 75% off); dpci 030 09 1557: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_8/602-0016096-8468626?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BMBT9S

Graco Step 2 Car Seat (convertible seat) (Reg. $149.99, now $37.48 ~ 75% off); dpci 030 09 0057: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_7/602-0016096-8468626?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000F62YC6

Eddie Bauer Deluxe Convertible Car Seat (Reg. $119.99, now $59.98 ~ 50% off); dpci 030 09 1552: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_7/602-0016096-8468626?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BF5GGC

Scooter (I can't remember the brand but can look, comes in red and orange, adjustable handles, similar to Razor), (Reg. $29.99, now $7.48~ 75% off); dpci 082 07 0298: (it's not this exact one but this is very similar) http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1169235494/ref=sr_1_1/602-0016096-8468626?ie=UTF8&asin=B00009V2LU

It really pays to keep checking! I've been watching the Graco car seats but they've been at $105.xx (30%) for quite a while. It was still at that price on Monday and then all of a sudden it was down to $37.48 (75%) today!

Just got back from Target. There is hardly nothing left in the toy clearance aisle. Still quite a few of the train tables though. I got another doodle monster for my nephew (3.xx), Green Goblin poseable figure for my sons bday party tomorrow (2.xx) and that was all I saw of any interest in the toy aisle. I was looking of storage bins and came across a nice wooden laundry hamper that was marked down from 79.xx to 19.xx so I couldn't pass it up. I got the last one in the cherry stain but there were a couple left in the oak stain. I can't find the exact one on the website, but it looks like this except it also has 2 shelves on top of the hamper.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_37/602-8638838-8638250?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000EG6CUM

I hit up Target today- they had next to no toys left at clearance prices. I went up and down every toy aisle too to see if anything was mixed in. They had 1 endcap at 75% off and that was it for toy clearance's.

On a side note though, they did have a lot of overall clearance merchandise.

I did see they had a a girls 24 inch mountain bike and a women's 26 inch mountain bike on clearance for $36.78. These were right in w/ the regular bikes. Only the price tag in front of them was much lower- but it didn't stand out.

I did pick up a Disney Princess and Finding Nemo towel sets for $2.28 marked down from $10.xx. I also picked up Disney Princess flannel sheet sets for $4.24 marked down from $19.xx. They had Disney Cars sets too.

The other thing I noticed there were tons and tons of shoes at 75% off. Almost 3 full aisles. Most winter boots were only $5 & $6 each.

Wooohooo, I had a great day. Went to two different targets. Got the hamper for 19.xx and a hanging one for 14.xx, some slippers 3.74, a penn state fleece for dh 7.xx, penn state tshirt 2.xx and the best are womes prospirit tank tops in white and cream for 1.6x. The tag says 85% off. They are really comfortable too. :)

Alrighty...todays target finds...

greatland utility knife 1.24

greatland pocket knife 1.24

greatland 2 pack travel mugs 2.48

electric blanket 23.08

hello kitty water cooler 5.04

4 pack solar light 6.24

lunch bag 1.98

not bad...going back tonight. saw a vaccuum I should have got, but didn't.

I love this thread!!! I have learned so much!

I took prior advice and started noticing 'out of place' stuff. I found a really nice Hampton Forge Santoku knife set just laying on the shelf while all the others were hanging up nicely. I noticed there was no shelf tag for this particular set ... so I scanned it.... $1.48!!! YUP!!! Can't beat that with as stick!

Got a pair of Moon Shoes that I would have normally overlooked because the red clearance tag was $20.98... they scanned $7.48!!!

Scored one of those remote controlled SUVS that play the MP3 players through the speakers... for $14.98... I think it was originally either $79.99 or $99.99.

Got one of those remote control copter toys for $4.xx.

Boys sweatpants for $1.98 each

Christmas CD for $.99

Thanks, I picked up 2 of the remote control copter toys for $4.xx - they were not in clearence, but on the regular shelf with a price of $24.xx :)

I have been waiting to get my DS the Tony Hawk Project 8 for PS2 that came with the skateboard deck....org.$89.99...it went down to 60(30%off) something like 3 weeks ago, I have been checking every week since. Well today they had one left @ 44 bucks!!! Of course I bought it! Also got Dora towel and washcloth set for $2.48 and the set of four popcorn serving bowls for $2.48...75% off!!!!! It was a good Target day!

I was in Target in NC today, and they were resetting the baby department. All of the big items (strollers, furniture, baby gates) that had been on clearance were gone. They had also pulled all of the smaller clearance items from the shelves and they were stacked up in piles on all of the endcaps in the baby department. I looked through most of it, but almost everything was still only 30% off! I really wanted 75%! Guess I will keep waiting.

I was in Target in NC today, and they were resetting the baby department. All of the big items (strollers, furniture, baby gates) that had been on clearance were gone. They had also pulled all of the smaller clearance items from the shelves and they were stacked up in piles on all of the endcaps in the baby department. I looked through most of it, but almost everything was still only 30% off! I really wanted 75%! Guess I will keep waiting.

be sure to scan those items...just cuz they say 30% off..might not mean they are!!! Scan! Scan! Scan!

I did scan in hopes the tags were wrong, but everything scanned at the marked price! I can't believe they moved it all to the endcaps and it is still only 30%! They were working in the deparment setting up the shelves, so maybe a big markdown is coming very soon!

if they are putting it on endcaps...chances are they are going down in price!!! Good luck!!

Car seats in Ohio. Help!

Where in N.E. Ohio are the car seats on sale? Baby is outgrowing the one that came with a stroller & we need a standard car seat.

I went to the Mansfield Target today and there were no car seats, strollers, etc. on sale, just clothing, sippy cups, and an assortment of things. I was really surprised that they weren't even 30% off.