Lowe's Christmas clearance...50-75% off

Azzycat

I was at one Lowe's last Sunday, scanning what they had for their 50% off Christmas sale. It was pretty sparce; they had only about 1/3 of an aisle of stuff left.

I went to a different Lowe's yesterday and they had gone to 75% already!!! They had THREE AISLES full of things. We bought a TONS of stuff. The best deal we got was a new Christmas tree. Tree was originally $260. They only had the display model left for the one we wanted. They told us we could have an additional 10% for taking the display with no box. But instead of 75% + 10% off (which would have been $59) the cashier gave it to us for $39 (85% off). We argued with her and told her it ought to cost more but she said we could have it at the cheaper price because she had told us it was that price!!! :woot2:

We walked out of there with a brand new Christmas tree, the snowglobe, 4 boxes of LED lights, a new tree angel, etc etc etc... all for under $150!!!!!!!

Christmas plants were only 50% off at Lowe's... but most of it was at 75%. Not sure if all Lowe's have gone to 75% or not, just wanted to give y'all a heads up!

The only thing I need on Target now on the 26th is a Christmas tree storage bag and more LED lights. :D

Katie

after all these years of lurking and benefitting from the deals...I'm finally posting :)

Because we're honest?

She had trouble figuring out how to do the math to ring up the items correctly, we helped her through the rest of the items after that. (she was overcharging us for the other items before we corrected her)

we were happy with our deal...and we would have felt guilty had we not tried to pay the correct price. I'm glad she gave it to us for cheaper, but I'm also glad we tried to correct her

Katie

Katie, after reading some of the scum and vileness posted over on Amazon forums, it is a breath of fresh air to hear that there ARE actually decent, honest people in the world who just aren't out to screw over or humiliate others! :)

And great find on the tree! I will have to check out our local Lowe's tomorrow.

I went to Lowe's last night and Christmas plants had a sign saying clearance 50% off - but they weren't all marked that low. Also the majority of the Christmas decor was not marked down at all, a few items were clearanced on their individual shelf sticker but it was only about 25% off......So I guess this may be a store to store or regional clearance thing.

Went to Lowe's this morning hoping to find a certain animated plush, but they didn't have it however I couldn't leave empty handed so I got 3 animated or ornaments and a little plush animated monster. :D very pleased, even though I didn't find what I went after. Thanks so much for the heads up.

Because we're honest?

She had trouble figuring out how to do the math to ring up the items correctly, we helped her through the rest of the items after that. (she was overcharging us for the other items before we corrected her)

we were happy with our deal...and we would have felt guilty had we not tried to pay the correct price. I'm glad she gave it to us for cheaper, but I'm also glad we tried to correct her

Katie

Wow, you sure are proud of yourself, huh? :bow::sidesplit

They told us we could have an additional 10% for taking the display with no box. But instead of 75% + 10% off (which would have been $59) the cashier gave it to us for $39 (85% off). We argued with her and told her it ought to cost more but she said we could have it at the cheaper price because she had told us it was that price!!! :woot2:

Katie

after all these years of lurking and benefitting from the deals...I'm finally posting :)

It's nice to see honest people out there! Unfortunately, not many people would probably have done that. Good for you, Katie!

They told us we could have an additional 10% for taking the display with no box. But instead of 75% + 10% off (which would have been $59) the cashier gave it to us for $39 (85% off). We argued with her and told her it ought to cost more but she said we could have it at the cheaper price because she had told us it was that price!!! :woot2:

Katie

It's nice to see honest people out there! Unfortunately, not many people would probably have done that. Good for you, Katie!:yup:

I work at lowes if you ever go in there and pay full price for anything regardless of it being a display item or not you are crazy nobody at my lowes pays full price for anything and that is including us employees. And even with all the discounts and the price slashing me make out numbers every day of every month and even the yearly number.:yup:

Why on earth did you argue with the cashier that it should cost MORE??? :confused:

Ever heard of CONSCIENCE? Because if you attempt something right or good, and it still doesn't work, you know you tried :yup:

If you have kids, do you ever tell them to just do their best, and that's all that matters? This is an example of the same concept ;)