Acer 19-inch widescreen LCD monitor on sale for $169.98

Kubota

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=156239

Staples has the Acer 19-inch widescreen LCD monitor on sale for $169.98. The Acer AL1916Wd features a 19-inch widescreen TFT LCD, 1440 x 900 native resolution, 500:1 contrast ratio, 300 cd/m brightness, DVI, and a super-fast response time of 5ms. Shipping is free, and this monitor comes with a three-year warranty

Currently OOS :( & with the $20 off coupon this deal would've made up for the monitor I missed on BF.

If you don't mind a 17-inch you could go with this Acer. 17-inch Acer monitor It is on sale for $169 and it automatically gave me an additional 20% (said it was coupon code 9874 - it just showed up there). Then use code 99523 for an additional $20. I got this one last night for $131 and some change.

Amie

They have this one too. Total was $171.xx after using both coupons and tax.

Acer AL1916ASD 19" LCD Monitor

The Acer® AL1916 can help office users maximize their efficiency by simultaneously viewing multiple applications on the large 19" screen. Gamers and movie lovers will enjoy the high-quality color and rapid response rate.

19" TFT LCD

1280 x 1024 native resolution

Contrast ratio 700:1

Brightness 300 cd/m2

8ms response time

3 Year Warranty

7.0" x 16.6" x 17.1" (12.4lbs)

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&noredir=true&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=145624

AMIE--

How were you able to use both codes? When I put the 17' in my cart, it gave an instant $20 off but when I put the other code for the $20 off it said that coupon wasn't yet applied and to make sure I was spending over $150.00. I submitted the order, expecting the other $20 off but it didn't take it off. I even called customer service and said that I can't use both codes. DARN...wouldn't have bought then.

AMIE--

How were you able to use both codes? When I put the 17' in my cart, it gave an instant $20 off but when I put the other code for the $20 off it said that coupon wasn't yet applied and to make sure I was spending over $150.00. I submitted the order, expecting the other $20 off but it didn't take it off. I even called customer service and said that I can't use both codes. DARN...wouldn't have bought then.

I added a box of paperclips. Once it takes off the automatic $20 it comes to $149.95. You must get it above $150 for the second $20 to work. Add something cheap like paperclips and it will work. Here is my invoice:

Subtotal: $170.97

Coupon Total: $40.00

Delivery: $0.00

Tax: $7.86

Total Ordered: $138.83

Payment Method:

MasterCard ending in....

Expiring 03/08

Shipment 1 Expected Delivery: 12/21/2006 via UPS Status: Shipped from warehouse

Track This Shipment

Call them back and see if you can cancel the order and then reorder with the code. Hope that helps!

Amie

Hey everyone, since the original Acer 19" lcd the Staples website is "suggesting" the other Acer 19" lcd model AL1916W for the same price of $169.98. I bought this one as the only difference I seen was that the contrast on this one is 700:1 while the original sales one was 500:1. Unless I'm missing something they seem the same otherwise.

So I purchased got the $20 off with the coupon code (thanks ajbrowns), free shipping, and with tax paid just under $160.

Haven't posted a link before, so sorry if this doesn't work:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=155686&cmArea=SEARCH

Hey everyone, since the original Acer 19" lcd the Staples website is "suggesting" the other Acer 19" lcd model AL1916W for the same price of $169.98. I bought this one as the only difference I seen was that the contrast on this one is 700:1 while the original sales one was 500:1. Unless I'm missing something they seem the same otherwise.

Acer AL1916W 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor 668615 Price:$169.98 VGA input

Acer AL1916Wd 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor 662447 Price:$169.98 VGA and DVI-D inputs

Great deal - i placed 2 orders for the 17 inch monitores thinking i could use both $20 coupons twice. It did take the auto $20 off of each order but only let me use the 99253 on the first order. So this got me searching the web for more coupon codes and I found some others:

67337: Free bag of peanut M&M's with order (6.99 value)

15867: Free case of paper with $100 purchase (30.99 value)

Blah! I knew I should have looked here first. I just bought the Hanns-G 19" Wide at Office Depot. They didn't have it at the store so I bought it online. Came to $196 after tax.

GOTTA WATCH OFFICE DEPOT. THEY WILL LIE ABOUT THE ITEM BEING DISCONTINUED, AND THEN SPRING IT ON YOU LATER, AT A HIGHER PRICE.

Blah! I knew I should have looked here first. I just bought the Hanns-G 19" Wide at Office Depot. They didn't have it at the store so I bought it online. Came to $196 after tax.

TAKE IT BACK TO A BRICK AND MORTAR STORE FOR A FULL REFUND IF YOU WANT A BETTER DEAL.

Great deal - i placed 2 orders for the 17 inch monitores thinking i could use both $20 coupons twice. It did take the auto $20 off of each order but only let me use the 99253 on the first order. So this got me searching the web for more coupon codes and I found some others:

67337: Free bag of peanut M&M's with order (6.99 value)

15867: Free case of paper with $100 purchase (30.99 value)

67337: Free bag of peanut M&M's with order (6.99 value) NOW THIS WOULD DEFINITELY SNAG MY WIFE'S INTEREST IN THE DEAL!:yup:

EXCELLENT POINT! THE LACK OF A DVI INPUT IS A DEAL BREAKER!!!:yup:

DVI is a techy term I didn't understand so I googled it and I'm still confused. Is the monitor not having the DVI inputs a huge deal? ...And if so why? So ultimately did I get a good deal for the monitor without DVI at $160 and will it not having DVI make it obsolete much sooner?

One more thing...does anyone know how long Staples takes to ship? I ordered yesterday and they are showing it as shipped from the warehouse already, but they don't provide any sort of tracking numbers or anything on my order status!?! It says delivery on the 27th, but with it already being shipped it might get here sooner. Also I need to know what day so someone can be home to sign for the package & I don't want to sit around all day on the 27th if they're gonna deliver it sooner or later :)

One more thing...does anyone know how long Staples takes to ship? I ordered yesterday and they are showing it as shipped from the warehouse already, but they don't provide any sort of tracking numbers or anything on my order status!?! It says delivery on the 27th, but with it already being shipped it might get here sooner. Also I need to know what day so someone can be home to sign for the package & I don't want to sit around all day on the 27th if they're gonna deliver it sooner or later :)

You should be able to track it. Go to staples and click on "order status" at the top right of the screen. After you bring your info up you should see "Track This Shipment" under the portion that has your payment info. Click on it and then you will need to click on "Track This Box" on the next page. That should bring up the UPS tracking info.

I hope that helps! (mine took 3 days, which is a little longer than usual. Normally it is next day.)

Amie

DVI is a techy term I didn't understand so I googled it and I'm still confused. Is the monitor not having the DVI inputs a huge deal? ...And if so why? So ultimately did I get a good deal for the monitor without DVI at $160 and will it not having DVI make it obsolete much sooner?

Most newer computers with add-in video cards have the ability to use the digital features, hence DVI. The blue connector that most of you are connecting to is the analog output.

Your HD, or high definition content is best suited for this type of display(digital), so although you can use both outputs, DVI will give you the sharpest picture, given the signal provided to it.

You basically answered your own question. Not having DVI will force you in the future to dumb down your capabilities with an SVGA adapter (so your analog monitor will fit the back of the computer if it comes with a white DVI connector).

I would not waste my money on it if you can get the newer model for about the same price.

the model i just found for $10 cheaper at compusa has both outputs.:)

Click the Wikipedia link for a full explanation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVI-D

I ordered this monitor from staples on Monday & it got here yesterday. It was delivered by UPS.

You should be able to track it. Go to staples and click on "order status" at the top right of the screen. After you bring your info up you should see "Track This Shipment" under the portion that has your payment info. Click on it and then you will need to click on "Track This Box" on the next page. That should bring up the UPS tracking info.

I hope that helps! (mine took 3 days, which is a little longer than usual. Normally it is next day.)

Amie

Thanks for the help Amie, I followed what you said and still no tracking...So I called customer service. The lady said that it is shipping from an alternate warehouse and a local courier will probably be delivering it & no tracking information would be available :confused: I asked if that meant UPS would be delivering it and she said probably not...lets hope it's a reputable company and I actually get it! My dad will just be getting a picture of one in a box for Christmas I suppose. I had bought him something else since I couldn't snag one at BF.

Also to the person that suggested CompUSA, thank you I will go check them out as soon as I get off work, if they have them in stock I may go with that and return the Staples one (I looked and couldn't see where they charge any sort of restocking fee so that is good).