Tivo Free After Rebate..Good deal?

Hey everyone!

Since the Tivo rebate deal is ending soon, I wanted to make a decision today...

The free-after-rebate Tivo at Best Buy.. Is it an actually good deal? Are the systems extremely outdated? I know you have to sign a 1-year contract, which isn't a problem because I'll want the service anyway...

I tried asking the Best Buy associates, but none of them knew anything but the info they read on the sign on the stack of consoles.

Any info would be great! Thanks!:D

The system is probably the base model. On that one, I have not found out a way to record two different programs at once, which kind of stinks. But otherwise, I have had my TIVO two years now, and love, love, love it! TIVO is the best thing since squeeze butter, according to my hubby. There are probably better systems available through your satellite provider, though, if you have direct TV. But if not, go for the TIVO! But you may want to consider the newer model unit for the additional cost.

There are probably better systems available through your satellite provider, though, if you have direct TV. But if not, go for the TIVO! But you may want to consider the newer model unit for the additional cost.

I have Charter Communications for my digital cable & internet.. They offer a DVR, but it's $25 a month, and I don't get to keep it if I terminate the service, so I was thinking if I can get the Tivo for free (ultimately) and just pay $15 a month, I'd be better off.