What's your forecast for Christmas Day??

brynnfromtheblock

The forecast has been changing. Now instead of sunny and partly cloudy weather it's supposed to rain on and off for a week with a chance of thunderstorms on Christmas day. I just watched the 7 day forecast on the Weather Channel and there's a possibilty of snow showers a week from now. Could we end up with a white Christmas? I'll be following the weather reports closely for sure.

The forecast has been changing. Now instead of sunny and partly cloudy weather it's supposed to rain on and off for a week with a chance of thunderstorms on Christmas day. I just watched the 7 day forecast on the Weather Channel and there's a possibilty of snow showers a week from now. Could we end up with a white Christmas? I'll be following the weather reports closely for sure.

Im right down the road from you...omg..snow...:fluffy: that would be great if we can get it here on xmas :D Now I have to go keep an eye on that !!!!

Storm Brings White Christmas To Some States

POSTED: 7:15 am EST December 20, 2006

UPDATED: 7:25 am EST December 20, 2006

In the East, high pressure will provide mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies and dry conditions across the Northeast, the Great Lakes region, the Ohio and Tennessee Valley, the Mid-Atlantic region, the Southeast, and Florida.

High temperatures will reach into the 30s and 40s across the Northeast, the Great Lakes region, and the Ohio Valley; into the 50s and 60s through the Tennessee Valley, the Mid-Atlantic region, and much of the Southeast; and into the 70s to near 80 along the Gulf Coast and Florida.

Across the western two-thirds of the country, a strong low pressure system will continue to produce rain, thunderstorms, freezing rain, sleet and snow through the Lower Mississippi Valley, the central and southern Plains, the central and southern high Plains, and the central and southern Rocky Mountains.

Snow showers, heavy at times, will affect the central and southern Rocky Mountains, and the central and southern high Plains with as much as 6 to 12 inches of new snow possible.

A mix of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow is expected through the central Plains. Ice accumulations of up to a quarter of an inch will be possible in some locations. Snowfall accumulations of 1 to 3 inches will also be possible.

Scattered rain showers and thunderstorms can be expected across the southern Plains and the Lower Mississippi Valley.

No severe weather is expected; however, rainfall amounts of over an inch will be possible.

Elsewhere, the chance for scattered rain showers and high elevation snows are expected across far western portions of the Pacific Northwest. Rainfall and snowfall accumulations will be light.

Otherwise, high pressure will allow for fair skies and dry conditions through the Upper and Middle Mississippi Valley, the northern Plains, the northern high Plains, the northern Rocky Mountains, the Great Basin, the Desert Southwest, California, and the better part of the Pacific Northwest.

High temperatures will reach into the 20s and 30s across the western half of the Pacific Northwest, the Great Basin, the Rocky Mountain region, the northern and central high Plains, and the northern and central Plains; into the 40s and 50s through the Upper and Middle Mississippi Valley, parts of the southern Plains, the Desert Southwest, much of California, and the eastern half of the Pacific Northwest; and into the 60s and 70s across the Lower Mississippi Valley, and central, eastern, and southern Texas.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

High of 39 low of 18. I have a REAL problem walking by all my "winter toys" in the garage knowing I can't use them yet, no ice fishing, no skiing, no snowmobiling yet..... call me looney, but I thought I heard my wife's Artic Cat talk to me this morning and asked if it'd had been grounded. No snow on the ground yet, and it's 5 days til Christmas....