Need gift idea for entire family

maritza68

How old are the kids and what does the family like to do together?

I'm thinking something like the Cranium board game, box of popcorn (or other snacks), Blockbuster card, etc... Something that they can all use together and have a good time.

kids are 17, 15, 11, 8. I did buy gifts for the 8 & 11 years old (Sponge Bob skateboards - Amazon...such a great deal especially when they both love SB and skateboarding). They live in Hawaii (Big Island). I was thinking of getting a GC to Walmart because they love Wally World but it's DOWN!!!

I agree with the games. What I would do would be to pick up a bunch of games, Uno, yahtzee, apples to apples, pictionary, phaes 10, scrabble, monopoly anything like that. Then put it all in a basket with some microwave popcorns of any and all flavors and a 2 liter of pop or kool aid packs. Wrap it up with a nice mylar paper or something like that and that way it covers everyone. Put a note in it such as "Families who play together, stay together." Just a thought.

I agree with the games. What I would do would be to pick up a bunch of games, Uno, yahtzee, apples to apples, pictionary, phaes 10, scrabble, monopoly anything like that. Then put it all in a basket with some microwave popcorns of any and all flavors and a 2 liter of pop or kool aid packs. Wrap it up with a nice mylar paper or something like that and that way it covers everyone. Put a note in it such as "Families who play together, stay together." Just a thought.

Just keep in mind that most shipping methods will not ship bottled liquid to Hawaii, because you can only ship liquids via ground.

Just keep in mind that most shipping methods will not ship bottled liquid to Hawaii, because you can only ship liquids via ground.

That was what I was thinking when I added the "or kool aid packs". Wasn't sure whether the sender was in Hawaii. Thanks!!!

How about this from Popcorn Factory:

Jolly Snowman Tin

Here's a real family value this Holiday season! It's our "snack-packed-to-the-very-top" 3 1/2 gallon Jolly Snowman design tin. A holiday party in a tin for your family-family, business-family, or the family down the street! Inside there are bags of our premium popcorns, including tangy cheddar, zesty white cheddar, and our sweet, crunchy caramel corn. There are three snowmen butter cookies nestled amongst bags of mini-pretzels, chocolate chip cookies, a tin of honey roasted peanuts, chips, salsa, plus foil wrapped milk chocolate ornaments, peppermint candies, and sour star fruit chews. Do a little Snow Business with us today! Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed! A $39.99 value for only $19.99!

what about a game and maybe a smoothie maker. My parents have one of these and all the kids and grandkids love when we are all visiting over the summer and can make slushies, milkshakes for the kids and daiquries for the adults later. It was truly a great gift that has kept giving back for quite a few years.

I was just searching the forum for family gift ideas. A new family that we just meet about two months ago got our family a gift, my son and their son talk all the time, talk God I found out! I love the board game idea I am going to do that for them. They have four kids 6-14 so I think that this is just right. Thank you Thank You Thank you!!!!!!! I was so stumped for a gift for them!!!

I've been a runner for 15 years and the one thing I've noticed most beginning runners don't have are shirts/shorts in technical fabrics. Anything that says "Coolmax" or "wicking" type of fabric is what you want. You can find off-brand styles that look great for $20 or so at your local sporting goods store. They make a huge difference in how comfortable it is to run.

Also, some good running socks in the same fabrics. Plain cotton socks foster blisters.

I hope she sticks with running - it's such fun! :)

I was just searching the forum for family gift ideas. A new family that we just meet about two months ago got our family a gift, my son and their son talk all the time, talk God I found out! I love the board game idea I am going to do that for them. They have four kids 6-14 so I think that this is just right. Thank you Thank You Thank you!!!!!!! I was so stumped for a gift for them!!!

You are so very welcome. I do this often for my sons friends' families. In fact, one mom called me this week to see if I would come shopping with her and help her put some of these baskets together for some families in need at their church. Needless to say, we had a very good time and we were able to do 15 baskets.