Dell Inspiron E1501 e-value code: 09249-DNPHHF1 $599 Shipped!

Nimble27

I just found a Dell code e-value code: 09249-DNPHHF1, that links you to a amazing deal when spec'd with the AMD Dual Core processor. $640 shipped ($599 with the base single core). Sure it's not a $400 laptop, but it is a FAR nicer one than those base ones for $400-$500.

I've been searching for a nice 15.4" widescreen laptop for under $750 with a gig of RAM, a large hard drive, and a nice graphics card. This one has a really nice 256mb graphics card.

Specs below.

Inspiron 1501

AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50, Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

Inspiron 1501 AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50

LCD panel 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™

MEMORY 1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm

VIDEO CARD ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (Integrated)

HARD DRIVES 80GB Hard Drive

OPERATING SYSTEM(s) Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

Network Card and Modem Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem

Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.08

Combo/DVD+RW Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive

Sound Card Integrated Audio

Wireless Networking Cards Dell Wireless 1490 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps)

Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No productivity suite- Includes Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD

Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) No Security Subscription

Primary Battery 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Warranty and Service 1Yr Ltd Warranty and Mail-In Service

Internet Access Service 6 Months EarthLink Internet Access Included

Miscellaneous E1501

Future Operating Systems Windows Vista™ Capable

Upgrade to Windows Vista Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition

Dell Digital Entertainment Trial pack- Basic and trial products from Corel and Yahoo

I was looking at this system also... I think it is a good deal.

Does anyone know how long this deal is good for? I was looking at getting a system after Christmas - I am worried about it being delivered and not being there...

Where did you find this? I can't figure out how to see this on the Dell site. Help! :cheesy: This is the computer I want to buy! :yup: Thanks so much for posting, but just give me this last little bit of info, please!

cindi

:eyepoppin

Cindi,

I can't post links, but just go to Dell.com, then click on Home & Home Office under "Solutions For:" on the right side of the home page. From there, all you need to do is click on the "As Advertised" on the left side under "Dell Deals." Then copy and paste in the e value code.

Make sure to spend the extra $50 to get the dual core processor. :yup:

Ok, thanks! :yup: I'm halfway through the order and I'm wondering if I need to get the 9 cell battery instead of the 6...it's an additional $43. I will be using this outdoors mainly. :cool: What say you?:smart:

I would get the 9 cell if you're going to use it mostly away from your desk. I can get over 3 hours on my monster of a 17 inch with the Dell 9-cell battery. Its money well spent.

I'm kind of weird for wanting a laptop... more for the coolness factor of their small size (instead of for transporting it around like most people use them for), so mine will be charged in the wall most of the time at my desk. With that said, I went with the standard 6 cell, which provides about 3 hours away with the 15.4" laptop. Plenty for me (I'll be using it around the house). Glad you found my thread useful Cindi. :)

I found another E-Value code (09419-BNPRH4F) for for the same Inspiron E1501 from Dell small business section of their website. Price is $599 for AMD dual core TL-50 ($549 for base single core). The only difference is you will need to upgrade to the TruLife LCD display ($20), for a total of $619. In addition this one has an upgraded dual-layer 8xdvd/cd burner that the other doesn't have, which is a ($35) value.

• 3 weeks later...

I might want to get in on this deal as Im in need of a new laptop, but can someone tell me what a Turion processor is? Ive always used Intel/ Pentiums and I dont know how Turion compares to those. Is it better? the same? worse? I know I wont go back to a Celeron again, so Im worried about switching up anything from my Intel/ Pentiums now. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I guess the deal is dead now as Im getting a price of $681 with that code. But I'd still like to learn more about the Turion's if anyone has any input for future deals. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I guess the deal is dead now as Im getting a price of $681 with that code. But I'd still like to learn more about the Turion's if anyone has any input for future deals. Thanks!

The AMD Turion is a solid processor and definitely better than the slower Intel Celeron.

Ok guys-help again-I guess everyone know I bought the Dell 1505 for DD (since I've posted so much about it). Now I want one. How do I get the best deal on this 1501 you all are talking about?. I can go to the mall kiosk and order it or online. The 1505 was $843.20 and has intel core duo, 15.4" screen 1GB memory and a 6 cell battery, etc. etc. What do you think. If I can get the same or a better deal with the 1501 the $$ savings would be great! ty

Ok guys-help again-I guess everyone know I bought the Dell 1505 for DD (since I've posted so much about it). Now I want one. How do I get the best deal on this 1501 you all are talking about?. I can go to the mall kiosk and order it or online. The 1505 was $843.20 and has intel core duo, 15.4" screen 1GB memory and a 6 cell battery, etc. etc. What do you think. If I can get the same or a better deal with the 1501 the $$ savings would be great! ty

They have been running the 1501 on in the Parade magazine in Sunday's newspaper for $599 most weeks that is where I found the code for the 1501 I got for $635 with the AMD dual core processor, at that time it was $585 without Dual core. I would check and see what the e value code is on Sunday and if that is what you want call Dell and give them the code and order it that way, tax is cheaper ordering by phone vs online. I originally was going to have to pay $50 tax online but over the phone it was $30.

this model is advertised in my sunday paper for $699-does that mean new price starting 12/31?

They might not run it for $599 since it is after the holidays, I just don't know. Wait till tomorrow and see what the e-value code is in the Parade section.

The code above gives a price of $681