How is Circuit City's shipping?

I just ordered a DVD from there, that is a gift for Christmas. It is not avail in-store, only online. It said immediately available, so I ordered. Well, I just got my order conf., with a ship date of 12/12, and delivery on 12/26. I really hope it's here before then, as that would be 2 days after I need it :( Anyone had any experiences with CC shipping before? Did it arrive sooner than they said?

Yes they gave me my shipping dates of around 12/11. I ordered on BF. The items were in my house on the Tuesday after BF. Only problem I had was I ordered the 32 TV from them and when they delivered it, it was left in my driveway for everyone to see. They did not ask for a signature and by leaving it in my driveway it could have been take by anyone driving by. I was not home at the time.

Their shipping otherwise for my other stuff came just as fast but was delivered to my mailbox

I ordered two items on black friday in the same order. One of them came US mail and was on my porch Tuesday after BF! The other came Fed Ex. I got confirmation that it shipped from CC on that Saturday after BF and took almost two weeks ...grrrr Fed Ex...of course, it was the one I was dying to get quickly!

But I have to say, i LOVE Circuit City!

I'm not impressed... I ordered two items (a Wii points card & an itunes card).. they were shipped separately on 12/1 via USPS (= no tracking #'s)... I got the wii card on Thursday but still no Itunes card & no way to track it... BTW the shipping envelope for the Wii card had a label on the outside listing the contents - nothing like saying "steal me!!" plus DS16 saw it when he brought the mail in for me... I'm hoping my Itunes card didn't find it's way into someone elses hands because CC advertises the contents of their packages....:mad:

I ordered a Nintendo DS pink on black friday and received a confirmation that it would ship by December 2nd. Well the date has come and no Nintendo DS, when you call the customer service line for an update it disconnects you and the staus is still the same on the website. I wrote an email that was responded to via form letter stating how sorry they are and the will notify me as soon as it ships.......:mad: Looks like I have to look for one elsewhere if I want it in time for x-mas. Anyone going through a similar experience?

I see that they are also utlilizing in some cases the 2 phase FedEx delivery - it has some extra name on the end of it. First part of the delivery is FedEx and then it gets dumped in the local mail mail distribution center and the USPS makes the actual house delivery.

Whether its more efficient I don't know but sure can see the headaches on blaming the other one when a package comes up missing or damaged.

I ordered several items from them on Thanksgiving morning and have yet to receive them. I have also experienced the hang ups....I just press 0 now to bypass it. I called Friday and the girl I spoke with (must be an overseas call center) said to call back on the 12th if it haddn't been recieved. So I called back today and the guy I got today said to call back on the 15th because it haddn't been 15 business days yet. I told him what I was told on the 8th and he went back into his spill again about having to call back after 15 business days. By all means don't get them off of their printed response sheet....it confuses them.

I had originally pulled up my order tracking by the link they provide in the order processing email....but discovered if I go back into their website and log in that I can see the tracking number. My order was shipped via the FEDEX Smart Track. Their tracking shows that it arrived in my city USPS annex on Dec 1st so I called the annex directly today. The lady I spoke with said that they had gotten the manifest, but never got the acutal package.

After talking with her I sent Circuit City an email to see if that would speed the process up any. I wish everone luck!

wow.. I didn't realize how many problems people have been having...

I don't really like the whole Half UPS/half USPS (or FedEX/USPS) shipping thing.. Tracking doesn't work, and I find the USPS a pain in the butt to get anywhere with. (they seem to have no problem hanging up on you if they don't want to give you an answer to your question)

I will NEVER order from CC again. Their Customer Service is the absolute worst! The people just tell outright lies!! It's amazing to me that the items even get there! We ordered a Sirius Radio and it arrived without even being boxed. It's the box that you buy it out of the store (with the picture of the radio on it) with a shipping label on it. Amazing that it even got here! I have items missing from this order that FedEx says they delivered. So now FedEx is telling me to contact CC, which I've done about 5x and they are the most non-English speaking people I have ever dealt with!! Still no solution in site. I HATE this company!!!!

I've had really good experience with CC. I ordered the San Disk 1GB from them on T'gvg Day and on BF they had them $20 cheaper so I called and asked for an adjustment. It took them about 2 weeks and I did get hung up on the customer service line BUT they did come through with the price adj. Shipping was really fast too. Stuff got here the Monday following T'gvg.