Leather gloves from Amazon

jw109

Did anybody get an e-mail from World of Bags cancelling the order for gloves? I did and the e-mail states that Amazon had the wrong price posted. I think this is a load of crap - sorry but it really is. I think if something was posted wrong that it shouldn't be the consumer's fault - but the company that posted it. This is the second thing I know of that Amazon posted wrong.:mad:

Huh, by the look of things mine are still a go. I received an e-mail saying that my order is available to ship december 12th, no idea why not sooner. and that it may take 2-8 buisness days to ship, also they added "The actual delivery time for the item(s) in your order will

depend on the shipping policies of WorldofBags and when the item(s) are

available to ship." I better get this stuff before Christmas.

I think maybe Amazon.com should adopt a more strict policy when it comes to posted prices, to prevent merchants from backing out on their screw-ups, and preventing the screw ups in the first place. This is definitely bad publicity for Amazon, as most people (and i think rightfully so) will automatically think this is Amazon's doings, and not some outside merchant.

This is why Amazon has terms and conditions on their web site. Read 'em. You agree to them either when you sign up for an acct or when you purchase something, I forget when. Amazon is not the first nor the last merchant to have this policy in place, to cover their behinds in times that someone forgets a zero or puts the decimal in the wrong place. ;)

Huh, by the look of things mine are still a go. I received an e-mail saying that my order is available to ship december 12th, no idea why not sooner. and that it may take 2-8 buisness days to ship, also they added "The actual delivery time for the item(s) in your order will

depend on the shipping policies of WorldofBags and when the item(s) are

available to ship." I better get this stuff before Christmas.

Yeah, I got the same thing... So Hopefully mine are still good to go. :)

But it wont upset me terribly if they do get cancelled.. just a nice deal to be had.

:cheesy:

Guess what? I just got a phone call from a very nice young woman apologizing for the pricing mistake. She said that they got hundreds of complaints and negative feedback, and because of that they will honor the $.99 price on all three pair of gloves I ordered (and even offered to send them free of charge in order to keep me as a customer). She said they are a small company who can't afford the negative comments and that they are willing to suck up the loss if I would just remove the negative feedback from Amazon.com. I plan on not only removing the feedback, but replacing it with positive comments

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone who ordered from the .99 cent leather gloves from the company's direct wesite every receive their order?

I received my orginal order that I placed via Amazon.com (amazing that it wasn't canceled). however, I placed another order via the World of Bag website and I haven't receive them yet. Just wondering.

Same here...ordered on 12/14 but still pending. I called to find out why it still said that and the lady on the line said that they are mailed directly from the manufacturer and the site is just not updating. We had that fun blizzard so its possible its just slow to get here...but as for the rest of you she made it sound as though you should have them so you may need to give them a call.

Well I sent the company an email... and got a response within 24 hours.

The rep looked into my order.. and contacted thE company they ordered from.. and they were shipped on the 19th! She said " I asked why it would take so long when our company paid extra to have it delivered before Christmas and I was told priority packages can take up a two weeks to be delivered. If you do not receive your package in a couple days, please let me know. I want to further investigate the situation. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. "

Still nothing.. .Hoping they come soon, curious to see how they look. :)