Sova 32" Widescreen LCD HD-Ready TV - $499.87 Shipped @ Buy.com

Brad

Just be sure to note this tv is "HD Ready." The tuner is not built-in, as it is with many other TVs. You would need additional hardware to make this tv a true HDTV. That's one of the catches on this particular deal, especially when compared to the $480 black friday 32" westy at best buy that did have the tuner built-in.

I just need to make sure theres a hook up for a cable line.....I bought one from Target online that didnt have one but in that room I had a cable box and was able to hook it up. The room for this one just has a cable line. Does the HD tuner allow you to recieve High Definition? Would I recieve HD through a basic cable line? thanks:) OR should I just go with this one discussed in another thread for 100 bucks more with no hassle return from walmart??http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5359008&sourceid=28031585673066381425

well it wouldn't look bad from standard cable but if you have HD cable then you don't need a built in tuner since that's basically for over the air transmissions of HD channels and even then you still need to buy a special antenna = not worth it to me. For things like gaming, HD cable, upscaling DVD players etc. you wouldn't need a built in tuner as they provide the High Def. This seems like a good deal, but never heard of the company, but from the reviews I read it looks like a good buy!

Most good HD Tuners will probably cost $100-$200. Plus, a TV with a built-in tuner will almost always be superior to one with a tuner added on later, since the tuner for the built-in is spec'ed for THAT particular TV. So, realistically, if you're looking to go Hi-Def for everything (including everyday TV), this deal isn't particularly great. It's more like $600-$700 for an off brand hdtv. The wal-mart TV would be a better deal if the picture quality satisfies you, since it has the tuner built in for $600 (and you can obviously return it with ease if something goes wrong). I'd check costco and Sam's club too. I think they've got some deals pretty similar to these on true HDTV's.

yes, but as I stated you do not need an HD tuner unless you want over the air transmissions via antenna. If you hook up the same basic non HD cable to your HD ready and HD with a tuner it will produce the same picture if it has the same specs with just the tuner being the difference. People don't realize you don't need a tuner... it's producing the same picture unless you want to buy an antenna to pick up HD channels.