Logitech Harmony 550 Universal Remote - $67.88 Shipped AR @ Amazon.com

Brad

I only paid $1000 for my new TV

I think the wifey would shoot me if I paid $150+ for a remote for it! ;)

No kidding...that is ridiculous!! What does a remote that costs $150 DO anyway??? :eyepoppin

I have a universal that runs the tv, dvr, dvd, stereo, and cable box! didn't cost half that much!

lovebear...check out the reviews for the 720 and the harmon kardon tc30...both of those are supposed to be better than the 880 with some features and ease of use--and they can be found online for less than $169 you mention. I was just searching this morning and found the kardon for $127, and the 720 logitech going for $145, both new

I am looking for an "idiot proof" remote for my dad.... I shouldn't say idiot proof but I would like something that doesn't have alot of bells and whistles and isn't TOO complicated.

Does anyone have this model? What all do you use it for? My dad has a plasma, surround sound, DVD, and all that junk! No satellite or cable receiver.

Thank you!

ashemgra & Kamillon, these remotes are beyond standard universal remotes. they are smart remotes--you program the specs of everything you want it to control (even lights and ceiling fans if they are remote controlled in your home) and simply plug it into your computer for the loading of info. no looking up codes and hoping that all your equip is compatible with the remote you bought. tons of buttons so all features can be used--no pulling out manf remote to access the menus for volor adjustment or sleep timers or other advanced features.

with the push of one button my living room lights dim, the tv turns on, the dvd player turns on, the hometheater turns on, the tv tunes to the right channell, the home theater selects the right input and the movie starts playing!! all by pushing the button to "watch a DVD" in a house with literally 14 remotes--these smart remotes are a godsend. check out the logitech harmony website for more details and a demo--you'll be a convert!