eMachines 5048 desktop $249.99 AR shipped - CompUSA.com

snowcrustracer

Hi folks,

This is with rebates.

While supplies last:

www.compusa.com

Powerful Media Center PC

The eMachines T5048 desktop PC provides enhanced features to power your productivity and expand your creativity. Experience powerful Intel® Pentium® 4 processing with Hyper-Threading Technology for great multi-tasking speed, smooth game play and fast computer response. Manage home finances and email, create documents and spreadsheets with Microsoft® Works® 8.5. Enjoy Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 to easily organize, personalize and enjoy more of your favorite digital media on your terms.

Create and share photo albums, play and burn your favorite DVDs and home videos and build a personal music library. Use the 9-in-1 Digital Media Manager to transfer files and store your digital content on the 160GB hard drive, then use the DVD+/-RW optical drive to burn personalized CDs and DVDs of your data, digital photos or MP3s. Enjoy an enhanced experience with ATI Radeon® Xpress 200 integrated graphics and the capability to support Microsoft Windows Vista™. Guard your privacy and personal information with a complimentary 90-day subscription of McAfee® Internet Security Suite™.

The eMachines T5048 Computer is a Windows Vista Capable PC.

http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/51/d004678e-c4c5-4711-a474-aa9fe9a08b20.gif

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=335984

I'm not sure why this isn't getting any attention. I called the place where we buy our office computers and he highly recommended it for a home computer. He knows I'm not going to pay his prices and he's not afraid to tell me something is junk and he usually does when I ask him about a computer from a big store. He thought this one looked good and doubted if I could find a better deal.

Would this be a good second computer for the kids?

Since you already have a monitor, this would be a perfect computer for the kids. If you have high speed internet, this has an ethernet port. Or if you use dialup this has an internal 56k dialup modem.

Also are the rebates easily obtained? Never dealt with compusa before.

Yep. There's a $150 and $50 rebate, follow the instructions carefully, make copies of everything and mail it off.

Thanks, I consider myself pretty computer illiterate but I have been doing my research and waiting for a good one to come along. I have a nice monitor already and cordless mouse and keyboard. My emachine I have right now is over 3 years old and I have only added memory to it once. The cd drive no longer works and lately has been shutting down for no reason that I can find. (no viruses, etc. I think it may be overheating). Hopefully it will get here quickly.

Inga

My dad bought the one for $249 after rebates. He wanted to go cheap!:D It's plenty for him. All he does is email and surf a little. Was looking at a Dell for $340 w/free shipping, but this one has double the hard drive space and RAM and he got it today.

I went with the Emachines T5212, it is $369.00 after rebates. It has more memory and a bigger hard drive. I jumped on this deal. I ordered Sunday afternoon and got a shipping notice the next day.

Inga

While the slightly larger hd (200 vs 160) and more memory (which is easily and cheaply upgraded), the MUCH bigger improvement of that model over the OP is the processor.

The 5212 has a Dual Core P4 @ 2.66 vs. the OP's single core at 3.06... BTW, it's also DDR2 vs DDR which is the current trend (read cheaper to upgrade in the long run).

Bottom line, IF you have the extra $120 I'd go with the T5212.

Good luck getting either of these PC's. Both are listed out of stock for in-home delivery. I can't even find a CompUSA store locally that has them either.

I only checked the 3 stores I grace with my presence (TFIC) from time to time:

T5212 - In stock in New Orleans, Norfolk and Limited Qtys in Newport News.

T5048 - In stock - all three...

I only checked the 3 stores I grace with my presence (TFIC) from time to time:

T5212 - In stock in New Orleans, Norfolk and Limited Qtys in Newport News.

T5048 - In stock - all three...

Well your lucky then. Philadelphia area has none. Nor does 08756, 48098, 55416, 90210

Well your lucky then. Philadelphia area has none. Nor does 08756, 48098, 55416, 90210

T5212 Minitower

Intel Pentium D Processor 805, 2.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 200GB Hard Drive, 16X DVD+/-RW Drive, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Availability:

Product availability at stores around zip 19019 (Philadelphia, PA)

Store Information Distance Availability Available

For Pick-Up?

Philadelphia CompUSA Superstore

Philadelphia, PA 19154 (215) 824-2888 3 Miles In-Stock

[