Are you getting excited???

shopping mom

It is so hard to wait till Christmas. I am worse than my kids!! :D I love seeing their faces when they open presents even my older ones. Some of the gift I know are going to be real surprises. My DD3 will be thrilled with her new doll, DD18 is getting the camcorder, and DS15 is getting the PSP. I have them other gifts but those are going to be their favorites and I know they haven't a clue!:yup:

Does anyone else have a hard time waiting???

YES I am SOOOOO excited! OMGOSH I canNOT wait!!!! My kids are almost 4, almost 3 and almost 1 (LOL - all January/early February bdays) and this year is just going to be SO much fun!!!!! I can't wait to see their little faces when they walk down the stairs and see the presents Santa left... and start tearing off that paper... and then head to the basement for their BIG surprise (a huge bounce house)! OMGOSH! I'm so excited!

Only 3 more weeks from tomorrow! EEK! I can't believe that in 3 weeks from today it will be Christmas Eve!!! YAY YAY YAY!

In 1.5 weeks (next WEDNESDAY) we will start all of our holiday baking!! I have the cards made and sent, presents bought and most wrapped (just have the kids stuff to wrap... and USUALLY I wait until Christmas Eve to do that... but this year I am wrapping before)! I have all the hoiday decorations out and our home is totally lit up! We are making plans to go this next week to see Santa and look at lights. We will also go the Friday before Christmas to see Santa again and look at lights!!!

I am so excited!!!! :)

~ Erin (23y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 3 and under)!

I was excited in October, now I'm just exhausted. I have been a SAHM for the last 6 months, and it makes the holidays seem less important. I know that probably doesn't make sense, but you have no one to compare to, or outside influences on who has done put their tree up, or who has already gotten their cards done. It is making things so much less hectic, but i like hectic. I have finals all week, and a lot of presentations to get done, and christmas has taken a back burner.

I am done with my shopping and planning, presents are wrapped, but still no tree. Not even a place to put one. I did order christmas cards last night.

We are completely snowed in, we have been since Thursday. Well, DH can get out, but I am not riding with him, neither are the kids. They haven't even started clearing our roads.

Maybe the snow will help get me in the mood. The biggest problem is that our tree is in a barn about 5 miles away, and our truck is RWD. The blazer is full of christmas presents that need hid!

I was excited in October, now I'm just exhausted. I have been a SAHM for the last 6 months, and it makes the holidays seem less important. I know that probably doesn't make sense, but you have no one to compare to, or outside influences on who has done put their tree up, or who has already gotten their cards done.

It makes sense to me... you have to have some outside contact and I do get most of mine at work.

But don't worry, you still have all of us. :)

I'm like a few others on here... I'm still having a hard time believing it Dec. Our town had the Christmas parade on Dec.1st, we have to have our Christmas party at work on Dec. 7th. So everything is kicking in.

I am excited though! I can't wait to see the kids faces. They get so excited about Christmas. My daughter was in WI and hubby was in Iraq last Christmas, so it just didn't seem like Christmas last year. So hopefully this year will be better. :D

Just thinking about having the family home will be enough to get you exicted this year. Congratulations and good luck! Mine had to miss one year while training in NC. They ended up finding about his hereditary degenerative knee disease when he broke both legs w/ stress fractures and discharged him. I couldn't have imagined what I would do if his had gotten sent to Iraq, so I cannot empathasize, only sympathize.

I am and am not. We are taking our RV up north for the holiday, and I'm just worried about the roads/weather. We had a small accident with our last RV going up on one Thanksgiving, so I always worry now if we travel with the current one during winter. Plus, it means hauling all the presents up there, then hauling more back. Sounds terrible, but I'd prefer a leisurely Christmas at home in our pj's...

I'm getting there. I had a bit of a slow start on shopping and decorating this year, but it's been coming along the last week or so.

We finally got lights up on the outside of the house today, and we are getting the tree on Thursday. I can't wait to see my oldest son's reaction when Santa brings him exactly what he asked for, and I think the little one will get through opening presents without falling asleep like last year (he was 4 months old) lol

I've been listening to the Christmas station on the radio too, and all I need now is some snow! It finally got cold here, but no snow in the near future.

Not yet. Between work and trying to get shopping done, and trying to watch for price drops on camcorders and the computer I have on layaway I haven't really had much time to actually "think" about it.

I think in about a week or so once I decide to put the presents under the tree it may start to kick in. I don't want to put the presents out yet, because I am afraid that by Christmas between 2 large dogs and a nosey 10 year old they may be all ripped up and have to be rewrapped. (Although I would NEVER put the 10 year olds out until he's asleep Christmas Eve).