Looking for Dell coupon (for Dimension)

alimfp

i got a little dell catalog in the mail a couple days ago and still have it. inside it has to visit this link for a free gift on purchase of select computers http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/odg/dm29?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

also, in the back of this catalog, there are 2 little coupons. one says 10% off select orders from $200-$399. other one is 15% off select orders from $400 or more. fine print reads: "Offer excludes ink, toner, and licensed software. These order level thresholds are applicable before shipping, handling and taxes."

if you think you are able to use this, let me know and i can get it out to you in the mail.

I see the computer your parents are going to buy in this book and at the bottom it has a e value-code: 6F915-DDCHBD1 not really sure what that means, but maybe it can be useful, lol.

Thanks to you both. BDF, I built their system and tried both codes but they don't meet whatever criteria. :( Thanks though.

njj - I got the same catalog today. I checked out the gift deal but they jacked up the price of the desktop $300 for that deal, lol. I'm going to see about that desktop + accessory = percentage off deal. If they can buy a relatively cheap accessory and save 15%, it may be worth it.

Thanks.

ETA: The 15% off accessory deal is only 15% off the accessory itself. I should have know but the terms and conditions weren't too clear.

I'm thinking all of those won't work, since the one they want is $700-ish.. usually those are for desktops $1000+ I think.

Anyone else? If you have one that will work on a Dimension E521, please PM me the code so no one else can use it first. Thanks. :)

Likely the best deals for the immediate future on the E521 are as follows (and expire tonight/tommorrow according to the sales representative I spoke to yesterday):

• Option 1:

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/667/e521wmonimgwu4.jpg

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800+

Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition

Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Basic from XP Home, $55 payable at redemption

512MB Single Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz - 1DIMM

250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

16x DVD+/-RW Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU

Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

19 inch E197FP Analog Flat Panel

1 Year On-site Economy Plan

$549 with free 3 -5 day shipping - Link

•  

Option 2:

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/5923/dimene521xq9.jpg

(choose E521, then the Dual-Core option, then remove the monitor)

Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition

Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Basic from XP Home, $55 payable at redemption

1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs

160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

16X DVD ROM Drive

No Monitor

$389 with free 3 -5 day shipping - Link

For other the other Small Business deals mentioned above (since I have no plans to make use of the gingerbread4 promotional codes), here is are two more:

$380 on select Dell desktops : 72$SKG5?QWNR15

$310 on select laptops : C?T9HFPFV8HK0F

While they will unfortunately not help alimfp , perhaps others might make use of them since a few had already posted theirs in this thread.

Remember, the two E521 deals posted above expire December 6th or 7th.

I'm thinking finding a deal on a Dimension E521 priced at $700 (or less) will be impossible. (Esp now that they need a monitor, lol)

Here is what they want, if it helps anyone..

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

XP Pro

2GB Dual Channel DDR2 (2 DIMMs)

160GB Serial ATA HD

48x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive

And now they need a monitor since theirs went kaput. Preferably 17" flat panel.

Thank you again everyone. :)

I'm thinking finding a deal on a Dimension E521 priced at $700 (or less) will be impossible. (Esp now that they need a monitor, lol)

Here is what they want, if it helps anyone..

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

XP Pro

2GB Dual Channel DDR2 (2 DIMMs)

160GB Serial ATA HD

48x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive

And now they need a monitor since theirs went kaput. Preferably 17" flat panel.

Thank you again everyone. :)

The closest to $700 I could find was $713 and $704.62 (using Option 1 above and a Dell EPP offer, if you qualify), and adjust a few of the components (concessions had to be made to keep near your price point):

• AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800+

Genuine Windows® XP Professional

Upgrade to Windows Vista Business from XP Pro, $10 payable at redemption

1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs

250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

16x DVD+/-RW Drive

19 inch E197FP Analog Flat Panel

$713 with free 3 -5 day shipping (use Option 1 above, and make the appropriate changes)

•  

Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition - $10 payable at redemption

2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs

160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

16x DVD+/-RW Drive

17 inch E177FP Analog Flat Panel

1Yr Ltd Warranty and At-Home Service

56K PCI Data Fax Modem

$704.62 with free ground shipping on Select Dimension Systems over $599 - Link (select the $636 option)

Some better components were included by default above the desired specifications (better processor, larger hard drive, better optical drive, etc). Functionally speaking, Media Center and Xp Professional are near equivalent.

Any particular reason why they require Xp Professional and 2GB of ram? For most users, both are unnecessary and are two of the largest priced upgrades on a machine at this price point. Not to mention, additional ram could always be added later - especially when the cost of ram drops back down to a reasonable price equilibrium.

Well they are open to spending upwards of $900 now since they need a monitor. My Dad decided tonight that they need a 19" flat panel, 17" will no longer be good enough (lol). I've emailed to ask why they need XP Pro, I don't think they do personally. But the ram was chosen to keep ahead of the game so to speak. They only buy a PC every 4-5 or so years. DH knows how to install this stuff easily, so I emailed my Dad saying he could keep it at 1 gig of ram for now.. I'll see what he says.

Thanks. I'm going to play around some more with options as well. :)

Now the employee link you posted, will we have to provide some sort of ID before buying in order to get the discount? I've never used it, so I have no idea.

In short, yes. Hence the "a Dell EPP offer, if you qualify" portion above.

You'll need to be a member of a group that offers Dell EPP as a benefit. There are a multitude of groups and companies that offer this. From the combo box on the splash page:

• Large Corporation (Over 3500 employees)
  • Small to Medium Business (500 - 3500 employees)
  • Higher Education Faculty, Students and Staff
  • K-12 Faculty and Staff
  • Health Care
  • Federal & Civilian
  • Department of Defense
  • State & Local Government
  • Veterans