KUDOS to Target..took care of customers

natansyd

Well, first of all, I was in line at Target on BF at 4 am. I was 5th in line. As the morning progressed, employees came out with free coffee and donuts. A few dept managers came out and told every one where to look for the items in the ad. They kept the line very orderly and made sure no one cut in line.

The best part of the whole thing was that about 10 minutes before the store opened, about half of the employees came out and stood between the line and the gangs of ballsy people who were standing in the parking lot, ready to rush in without waiting in line. They linked arms and then there were 2 police cruisers on either side for backup. The people who sat in their cars, thinking they would just walk in in front of people who have been waiting were shocked and pissed, LOL! The Target employees even told them "You must wait until the entire line has gone into the store before you are allowed in".

KUDOS!! to Target. Last year, I missed out on a tv deal, even though I was only 7th in line b/c people from the parking lot rushed the door.

Im definetly doing Target again next year. They were courteous and took care of the people who stood out in the cold for 2 hours.

That is sooo cool and great that they did that. Wished they would have done that at mine.

This was my first stop. Got there at 5am and was inline at one entrance and after about standing there a half hour, an employee said they weren't opening those doors. So that meant that I could have been ahead about 50 people, cause we had to get in the other line. Then they literaly opened only one set of doors at the other entrance and people were pushing and shoving. And YES people across in the parking lot did cut; thought there was gonna be a fight. It was definately not fair that they just show up before 6am and get to go in before me and many others who stood in line an hour or more. They should have to do their time too. Once we got in the door it was ok all in all. Couldn't believe all the people just shoving there way throught with carts. I mean like not caring if they hit someone.

BUT, there was one really great employee. They didn't have anymore psp bundles and my brother said an employee told him they would restock after it calmed down a bit. So i went to the stock room door where they were handing out the digital picture frames and asked if there were anymore psp bundles and one employee told me whatever they had was out on the shelf. So I replied that an employee siad there were more in the stock room and the person who answered me first was not help and this other employee was kind enough to look and I got the last too. I was SOOOOOO HAPPY I COULD HAVE KISSED HIM. :D That was good customer service. The other employee was rather rude.

This year I defintely did the best at Target. I got my stuff a few days before BF then waited for the doors to open then went in and had all my stuff adjusted. It was really nice to get money back on BF. They had some really good deals for me. I did pick up one thing that was a last minute decision to get but there was no line I was in and out of there.

Well, first of all, I was in line at Target on BF at 4 am. I was 5th in line. As the morning progressed, employees came out with free coffee and donuts. A few dept managers came out and told every one where to look for the items in the ad. They kept the line very orderly and made sure no one cut in line.

The best part of the whole thing was that about 10 minutes before the store opened, about half of the employees came out and stood between the line and the gangs of ballsy people who were standing in the parking lot, ready to rush in without waiting in line. They linked arms and then there were 2 police cruisers on either side for backup. The people who sat in their cars, thinking they would just walk in in front of people who have been waiting were shocked and pissed, LOL! The Target employees even told them "You must wait until the entire line has gone into the store before you are allowed in".

KUDOS!! to Target. Last year, I missed out on a tv deal, even though I was only 7th in line b/c people from the parking lot rushed the door.

Im definetly doing Target again next year. They were courteous and took care of the people who stood out in the cold for 2 hours.

Sounds like you and I were at the same Target. Was this in Indep MO? We got there late and the line was probably close to 1/8 - 1/4 mile long when we showed up. I did the right thing and went to the end of the line and was still able to get all my items on my list but just barely.

It's great when you can find an employee because they are always so helpful given the conditions. I only have one other suggestion for Target....Toys and electronics are usually the top items on one's shopping list so I would spread the love as it were. I would put end caps up in other areas of the store for the hot toy items, movies, and electronics. This will help spread out the people throughout the store so things aren't so cramped...PLUS with impulse buying a customer could see something else that might be on their list but isn't on their mind when they're craming to get through the back side of the toys where the games are.

Other than that....I thought they had great deals and great service. They were my one stop shop this holiday season. My other shopping was done early just had some final gifts to purchase at Target and I am done with my shopping:yup:

This happened at the Target in North Charleston, South Carolina also! Target employees were doing crowd control and making sure that there were no line cutters or door rushers. At about 5 minutes to opening they were reinforced by the local police department who would not let anyone thru the doors if they were not in the line. Way to go TARGET!

I went to Target after I went to the mall (about 7am) and got every doorbuster item I wanted except the PS2 Ed Ed and Eddy game. They had TONS of TV boxsets (24, The Simpsons, etc..) for $16, and several movies for $3.99. They were stocking several boxes of them as I was shopping, even! The atmosphere was also very good, and the crowd was not nearly as bad as some of the other stores. Target definately made my BF experience a positive one!