Walmart Price Scanners Gone

rimshot

We have a brand new Super Walmart that opened this fall. While there are lots of new things - one of the old things is missing - price scanners! Yep, nary a one to be found. We all now how Walmart is about having stuff out with no prices or having stuff in the wrong spot. So the only choice is to grab an item and take it to a check out (and wait and wait in line) to get a scan.

Anyone else notice this?:yuck:

:gdiagree:

Maybe they just haven't installed them yet.

Our Supercenter in Boynton Beach just got a "facelift" and all the old scanners are gone. But they installed new fancy schmancy ones. Smaller, and harder to find if it weren't for those "FIND PRICE HERE" signs hanging above them.

And none of the new scanners are in the same place as the new ones.

Our store is completed - so definitely not a case of not yet installed.

I was shocked to see how many regular items I was purchasing at the old Walmart went up in price when they Super-ized! I complained to every submanager and manager I could find and told them it wasn't worth it to drive the extra distance to the new store if they are charging higher prices and I would just pick those items up at my grocery store (and they were grocery store price increases too!). Abt. a week and a half later I noticed several of these items were repriced to the old prices

The jewelry counter usually has the computer set up for registries (facing out with a touch screen for customers) - that machine also is a price checker. I noticed a lot of the price checker machines are missing in my WM too - so that's where I go to check prices.

My Wal-Mart had scanners but no clearly visible signs. I got a collectible 1961 Regal for my BF from the clearance shelf which was clearly marked $5 but the scanner priced it at $20. I took the tag from the shelf to the dept mgr and showed him the error. He apparently didn't believe me and wanted to see where the shelf but since it was the last car, that was pointless. He then went to confirm this with 3 other people before he handed me a hand-written note to take to the cashier to override the price..Geez....

our hasnt had them in almost a yr, I take what I cant find a price and when I checkout I have it scanned if I dont like it I tell them no thanks, they hate it but what are we to do?

Too funny. That is exactly what I do. And they always give me this nasty look. Sometimes I giggle. hehehehe