$99.00 SV2000 Walmart Recorder

br1006

Bought Some Memorex Dvd R+ And R- .....records Both Types But Only Plays Back In The Sv2000 Recorder.......will Not Playback In Any Other Dvd Recorder OR PLAYER.....i Am Guessing It Is The Disks......

You have to finalize your disks. It won't work in any other dvd player until you do.

So put everything you want on the disk before you finalized it. Once it is finalized, you can't add anything to it.

Hope this helps. :)

If it is the same one i got a while ago, which i think it is, I took it back cause i couldnt find any discs to work in it. It required 4x speed discs, which was nearly impossible to find them then(prolly 2 years ago.) They are prolly cant be found now, they are all 16X now with a few 8x still on shelves. So unless you are willing to spend months trying to locate some 4x dvdr, take it back like i did.

Jason this is not the same one you bought a while ago. It says on the box it will take 4X,8X and 16X. Mine works fine though. Do I expect to to last a long time no, but if I can get two years out of it then great. The shows I recorded on the DVD-R disks also work with my Toshiba player, but there are a lot of different players out there and I'm pretty sure it will not work for everyone of them. They still have about 50 at my store now still at 99 dollars.

Once The Dvd Finalizes, It Only Works In This Dvd Player Not In The Other Dvd Players I Have...........we Will See.....i Have Bought Some Different Blank Dvd's .....we Will See.....

Is It Supposed To Finalize Automatically When Dubbing.......from Old Vhs Tapes To Dvd.......because It Is.....i Turned Automatic Dubbing Off On The Setup But Still Finalizes The Dvd When I Stop The Vhs Or The Vhs Ends..........probably Something I Am Doing Wrong.....thanks For Everyone's Help....

Guest JustMeInID

Ours doesn't automatically finalize.

Is that a good thing?? What does that mean? I think I've been confused since two days before BF.

Guest JustMeInID
Oh, okay. That sounds simple enough. As long as it's on the menu, I ought to be able to figure it out. Still haven't taken mine out of the box....

check you dvd player... some (like a lot panasonic players) will not play recorded dvd's even though the manual claims you can.I have heard that a lot of the higher priced name brands are like that. I use an Lighton recorder(walmart 69.99 and an Apex dvd player, walmart 49.99) and both work great and can play anything recorded even video on CD-ROM.:D

check you dvd player... some (like a lot panasonic players) will not play recorded dvd's even though the manual claims you can.I have heard that a lot of the higher priced name brands are like that. I use an Lighton recorder(walmart 69.99 and an Apex dvd player, walmart 49.99) and both work great and can play anything recorded even video on CD-ROM.:D

Ok, that explains why I haven't had trouble playing any of mine. I have all cheap electronics. :lmao: