Was anyone else briefed by store mgr while waiting in line???

shaneberry21

I was in line at Target at 5:30 this mornng. Around 5:40 a lovely Target manager came outside and slowly made her way down the line announcing where each and every item was in the store, answering peoples questions...ect....It really cut down on the madness. Another thing, we have horrible line-jumpers in our area. You know, the people who sit in their car until the last minute and then try to cut in front of everyone who have been waiting, well...The store manager who gave us our briefing saw it was about to happen and had 10 of her male staff members make a chain around those of us who had been waiting in line. It was the first time in my Black Friday history a store briefed people while waiting in line AND stopped the line-jumpers. It was fantastic AND bumped up Target a notch in my book. I was just wondering if every Target did that or only my store????

Mine had a police officer right there telling the line jumpers to pick a side and get at the end of the line, they let one side go then stopped and let some of the other line go.. reminded me of a traffic cop, worked out well. The line was long when i got there but I got everything I needed.. the check outs could have been a bit faster though

No map provided or details on where things were. Thankfully I asked upon entering where the 19' LCD TVC was and it was at the opposite corner of the store from electronics=)) HeHe, so I was like 50th in line but on of the first to get to the stack of tvs. I was very happy about that.

The associates were really helpfull and all the registers were open & moving very quickly. Kudos to Target.

Same thing happened at Reading PA this morning. Target security people were out about 4:15 and they were asking each of us what we were looking for and then told each and everyone of us where we could find it once in the store. Tickets for Tickle Me Elmo were also handed out.

The line jumpers started around 5 and at 5:30 when close to 100 of them lined up opposite of us, security blocked their way with shopping carts. At 5:45, about 100 more gathered right across from the entrance and that's when a load of Target security and I'm guessing employees came out the doors and formed a human wall completely blocking the line jumpers.

The store manager then opened one side of the door and welcomed us in. Target's other employees were lined up to greet us, and as we entered the store we all just broke into applause for the way they handled the whole thing.

As usual, there were employees EVERYWHERE smiling and helping in everyway they could. I do not have a Target where I live I travel to the Reading PA store each BF. This was the first time I made Target my first BF stop but from here on after it will ALWAYS be my first stop.

I walked out of the store with everything I went in for with the exception of Christmas Morning Barbie!

I have to say I have never been so impressed over a store's concern for both the safely and the satisfaction of their customers. Even a DVD price error at the register was fixed so quickly, no one behind me even knew there was a problem.

Walmart needs to take lessons from Target! We stopped by there at 9:45 and not only was everything from there Early Bird sale still there, but you couldn't find anyone willing to help you.

ummmm....NO :( the ONLY thing our Target did right this year was to put carts all around the store and told people NOT to get a cart at the door (there were only about 25 carts there anyway) and that they could get one inside the store...made for less 'bottle neck'

we had few employees, no idea of where things were, LONG checkout lines...

My Target was horrible again this year, so im never going back! The checkouts were ridiculous!!!! Ive never seen such a mess! They had one line that wrapped around the store, but everyone was just walking right up getting in the "short" lines. So I stood in the same spot for about 30 mins, then ended up leaving my full cart there and leaving and going to Walmart, where everything was much more organized!

It must depend upon how the store is managed. On any given day, I find that my local Target to be far more organized and helpful than my Wal-Mart. WM staff seem to vanish when I need one.

We didn't have anyone come out to brief us - or offer treats and refreshments :no: , but there wasn't an excessively large crowd to begin with due to a few factors: HUGE crowds were already at our BB and WM at 5AM, so they were probably still there when Target opened at 6; also, our local print ad stated the open time as 8AM which probably kept folks away (the store didn't have their early-open permit at the time when the ad went to print, but ultimately did get it. Those in line either didn't notice the 8am time in the ad, or, like me, took a chance and arrived before 6 anyway. I had plenty of time to swing by to verify their open time, and if they did open at 8, I could still make it to the next town's Target before 6. All worked out in the end, anyway).

Target had plenty of available staff on hand (very helpful!), and we were cheerfully greeted and told upon entry that carts were set up throughout the store as well as their usual place in front.

No line jumpers that I noticed, although I did wonder about a handful of coffee-sipping onlookers opposite the door who weren't getting in line yet. They just stood by the handicap parking spaces watching the store. When the line started moving they remained where they were. Curious.

Lastly, checkout was smooth with every register manned. I was in and out within minutes. And speaking of every register manned, I went to Target again this morning (Saturday) at 8 and it was a ghost town! Every register was open but no customers were at the check-out. An occasional shopper here or there just moseying about the store. Sharp contrast to yesterday morning! I almost felt badly that I didn't find what I was there for and left empty-handed. Upon leaving, still no one was at the check-out. The cashiers all looked bored and lonely! :tired:

We were at Walmart. They came out and passed out the ads, told us where everthing would be, then explained that there would be no running, no pushing, etc or they would lock the doors and call the police. Everything seemed to go rather smoothly. There was only about 50 people or so in line and they let us in about 4:50am. I was through the store, paid for my tv, used the restroom and in my car at 5:06am.

At our Target, or how my sister calls it Tarsjay.. They came out and briefed us on how they had plenty of supply. They passed out hot chocolate and brownies or macaroons. They were really nice. We were in and out in 45 min. No problems. Except a little bit cold.

I got to Target right after the line had filed into the store. I walked in and a gentleman gave me a cart, it was very nice. I only wanted to get 2 V Rockers for $33 a piece. I asked an employee who directed me to electronics(which was a madhouse of people) where I saw no video rockers, so I asked another employee that pointed me towards the home decor department...again no video rockers, so the next employee I stopped at told me which way to go and I said....Are you sure, you are the 3rd employee that I have asked. She started to laugh and said, come on and follow me, I will show you where they are at. Well there was none left on the floor, and she said I think I know where they are in the back. As she took off I yelled I need two of them. Low and behold she brought 2 out of the stock room....MADE MY DAY!!!! So, lesson learned....always ask!!! Then I patiently waited about 45 minutes in line, wasnt bad tho...I just watched all of the people and laughed at their amazement with all the people and the check out lines.