What are stores selling out of?

Guest kalirabbit

Guest kalirabbit

I thought it might be insteresting to start a discussion of the BF items the stores tricked us in with and then were out of in the first 10 minutes or hour.

I know we got some deals online that they stopped selling within a half hour.

So what stores let you down.

I thought it might be insteresting to start a discussion of the BF items the stores tricked us in with and then were out of in the first 10 minutes or hour.

I know we got some deals online that they stopped selling within a half hour.

So what stores let you down.

Definitely Toys R Us. Although they were very organized, they only had 10 micro gameboys. If the store knows the item is only available in such limited quanitites, why even bother advertising it - especially on the front page?! IMO, that is asking for trouble. :no:

I got the last Sandisk Compact Flast 1GB at Staples. Whew! That was my third stop behind Walmart and Toys R Us. Some guy cut in line and the guy behind the counter handed him one, I said "That's what I'm waiting for." The worker said "you may hate him because he just got the last one..." but then he found one for me. Good thing!!

At Target, Salem, Oregon, the Lego Knight's Kingdom. They only had 4 to begin with. Thank goodness my brother-in-law was like the 6th person back and rushed in there. We got 2. Also, the Christmas Morning Barbie. I got 1, but I don't think they are real cute. They were gone within about 3 minutes. I couldn't believe how rude and inconsiderate people really are. I had my 19 year old daughter with me at Toys R Us and we were like the 20th person in line, but when the doors opened, she went and I ended up about the 100th person in the door. People were knocking you out of the way with their carts. I swear they grabbed them just to push through. I do have to say that when we got to Target, we had to wait about 30 minutes, but they seemed much more organized and civilized.

The $39 sheets and $2.50 towels at Walmart disappeared very quickly. Also, the Fisher Price toys and Cabbage Patch doll. Target was better stocked and had lots of folks to help. Belk's had a really nice supply of most everything in their ad. We are so happy that Belk's is at the new Branson Landing. We invite everyone to visit Branson and see the new landing and all the great shops!

I went to Nordstrom Rack. They had Joe's Jeans (cig skinny fit) for $49. My sister got there a few minutes b4 they opened & snagged me a pair. Good thing, by the time I got there at 7:05, all the good jeans in my size were picked over. They still have plenty of size waist 30inch and up though.

I did pick up a pair of Diesels for my for $49 for hubby. He is happy! :-)

Circuit City in Daytona had a line around the block even after they opened. They sold out of 49.99 gameboy advance in minutes. An hour later I came back after hitting wal-mart and target and found the Gameboy advanced (packaged with 2 games) for 99.00 because the staff was going around picking up and reshelving discarded itemas and ones in the wrong place. I also rechecked for the sold out Smoke ipod accessories and found 2 had appeared after restocking. I waited inline for a whole hour but it was worth it! People around the giant sale DVD jumble where very nice and shouting out ones they found but didnt need. The mood was good

At walmart the idogs went in like 3min. b/c they only had 30 available. I got one but alot of people were disappointed. You would think they would have had lots of these since it is a kids toy. Just glad I got one b/c DD has wanted one for along time but I didn't want to pay almost $30 for one.

I was very disappointed this year in the sales and what was available. I did come home and was able to order some of the things from Wal-Mart. I couldn't even get near Circuit City the police had to direct traffic there. I hope everyone made out better than me today. I guess I will stick with on-line buying.

I was very disappointed this year in the sales and what was available. I did come home and was able to order some of the things from Wal-Mart. I couldn't even get near Circuit City the police had to direct traffic there. I hope everyone made out better than me today. I guess I will stick with on-line buying.

Me too. Even tho I did kinda miss standing on line @ 5am I'll stick w/shopping via PC

Looks like if you wanted any of the doorbusters you had to go really really early.. maybe next year we should just rename the holiday to black thanksgiving!:eyepoppin

I stayed home for the first time in a long time..was able to get some deals on the 398. laptop i scored last year (and love) from walmart.. and ate.. and ate..and slept..and ate lol congrats to all that got what they wanted..and better luck next year to the rest of us!

Guest amberntony
i didn't get to bb until like 10 and they still had a lot of the stuff. they still had the $69 portable dvd player and the $79 dvd recorder i know cuz that's what i got!! they were both door buster items.

Toys R Us had the 1 GB MP3 Players advertised for $29.99, but our store didn't get any in at all!! My mom has a raincheck for 1 because it was in the big book for $39.99 and they haven't been able to get them in. So she was mad that they were in the BF ad, but they said they didn't get any of them. Another TRU told us they were dicontinued. Why put them in your ad if you can't even get them?!?!SO we still need to find a 1 GB Mp3 player

At walmart the idogs went in like 3min. b/c they only had 30 available. I got one but alot of people were disappointed. You would think they would have had lots of these since it is a kids toy. Just glad I got one b/c DD has wanted one for along time but I didn't want to pay almost $30 for one.

i went to target around 9pm last nite and they still had alot of the idogs for $17. i'm not sure if its the same one you're looking for or if its a good price.. just thought i'd let you know :)

i didn't get to bb until like 10 and they still had a lot of the stuff. they still had the $69 portable dvd player and the $79 dvd recorder i know cuz that's what i got!! they were both door buster items.

what brand was the dvd recorder? kind of regretting not getting one yesterday ;/ does anyone know where i can get a good deal on one today?

Meijer was a madhouse. Wanted the GPS system but the line to get it didn't move for over 20 min. You had to pay for it when you got it. The line was also for digital cameras and photo frames. Wrapped around the front of the store blocking checkout lanes. Ended up walking away because I needed to get to other stores.