HELP with SIL gifts!!!

Jennspahn

Hey Everybody!

For my husbands family we do a drawing and he & I ended up with 2 of our SILs,

one is in her 40s, has 4 kids, and lives a good distance away from us, so I have no clue what to get her! The other is in her late 20s has 3 kids, and has a pretty extravagant lifestyle, she buys anything & everything she could possibly need or want! Ideas pleaseeeee!

First remember it's the thought that counts!!!!!!!!

For the forty year old, bath and body works or VS, maybe a nice robe.

For the 20 something that has everything, you could do the same thing or maybe movie passes, a nice robe, a pretty fountain.

Candles and bubble bath.

What would you want from them? Don't worry about the price, it's the thought!!!! And if they don't like it, at least you tried!!! Get your Dh to pick out stuff for them. He knows them better!!

Good Luck

My SIL is difficult also ( I do not get to see her often and only know her interest somewhat) but in the past her favorite gifts have been giftbaskets, I have done BBW themed one with candles and a pretty towel set, I have done a coffee one with coffees ,cups, coasters, dishtowels, flavored creamers etc. I also did a stationary one, with pretty pens, papers, stamps, envelopes, cards, address book, post its, a journal, just any type of stationary type product. Have your DH help you figure out their interest and that willhelpwiththe gift buying.

I just bought gifts for all 3 of my SILs & my niece (who is very close to our age & is more like dh's sister).

Do any of them collect anything? I gave 1 SIL a cookie jar & 1 SIL candle sticks bc they both collect those items.

Find out if they have any hobbies or special interests. My other SIL LOVES Paula Deen & I gave her the new cookbook. My niece & her dh bought a new house & she is learning to take care of the flower beds, so I bought her a gardening tool kit.

I like the ideas of the gift certificates for pampering at a local spa. Most everyone likes candles, so that is an idea.

Good luck!

Christy

How about the wine opener and saver sets they have at Kohls? We bought those as gifts last year and the recipients loved them - we bought one for us too!

Our families stopped doing the name exchange last year and we're thankful. None of us need anything, and why stress everyone out? We have a big party and we all get together and eat, have a few drinks, and play games. Spending time with everyone catching up is so much more important than gifts. Santa comes to our party each year and the kids get a gift from him, but that's it.

How about a Coach or Dooney & Burke wristlet? I saw small Dooney items at TJ Maxx this weekend for $29. Last year I bought two Coach wristlet's on clearance at Macy's right before Christmas for around $39. I don't like nik-nacs or anything that just sit's around. I also don't like other people to buy clothes for me. Something that can be used is always good. I love the BBW and spa gift card ideas. I like restaurant gift cards too.