Laptop at Walmart

Rog

I was just at WM and I saw a stockboy taking a cart back into layaway area. It has some smaller boxes on it and on the top was laptops. I ask if those were sale items for bf and he told me he was just moving them because people kept stealing them.:eyepoppin Our WM does not keep laptops on the shelf. What few they keep is in a locked glass cabinet.When I told him they didn't have a place for that particular model and ask again about bf sale, he told me he really didn't know anything but it could be on sale Friday.There was 16 laptops on the cart. Our store only carries 4-5 different ones and only 1-2 of each. It was the Toshiba Satellite L35-S1054. I am not sure of all of the specs but I do know that it has 1024 Ram and a 100 gb harddrive. I have done a web search and cannot find any info on this laptop. If you go to WM.com and bring up a Toshiba laptop and click in on the Vista upgrade it is listed there as being eligible for the upgrade, but that is the only place I can find that model listed. Does anyone else know anything else about this?

I was just at WM and I saw a stockboy taking a cart back into layaway area. It has some smaller boxes on it and on the top was laptops. I ask if those were sale items for bf and he told me he was just moving them because people kept stealing them.:eyepoppin Our WM does not keep laptops on the shelf. What few they keep is in a locked glass cabinet.When I told him they didn't have a place for that particular model and ask again about bf sale, he told me he really didn't know anything but it could be on sale Friday.There was 16 laptops on the cart. Our store only carries 4-5 different ones and only 1-2 of each. It was the Toshiba Satellite L35-S1054. I am not sure of all of the specs but I do know that it has 1024 Ram and a 100 gb harddrive. I have done a web search and cannot find any info on this laptop. If you go to WM.com and bring up a Toshiba laptop and click in on the Vista upgrade it is listed there as being eligible for the upgrade, but that is the only place I can find that model listed. Does anyone else know anything else about this?

OOOOohhhhhhh, that sounds promising! 100 GB sounds real good, that's the same as the laptop I'm typing on now. :cheesy:

Alright, what the heck is up with every thread I am posting in closing? Do I have bad breath????

I think Brad got fed up with the spew coming from some people regarding attacking people trying to post information in good faith....

On topic about the laptop found this:

The Satellite L35-S1054 offers a laptop experience for price-conscious consumers packed with a menu of select features.

The Toshiba Satellite L35-S1054 features an Intel Celeron M 410 1.46GHz processor, 100GB Serial ATA 5400 rpm hard drive, and 14.1" WXGA Widescreen Active Matrix TFT Color LCD display screen. It includes 1GB standard memory, and a Combo Drive - CD-RW/DVD-ROM optical drive.

With the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 operating system, the Toshiba Satellite L35-S1054 also features an Atheros 54Mbps Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g network interface, a Standard Size keyboard, and one Standard Battery.

Features:

* Processor: Intel Celeron M 410 1.46GHz

* Bus Speed: 533MHz

* Chipset: ATi RADEON XPRESS 200M

* Standard Memory: 1GB

* Memory Technology: DDR2 SDRAM

* Memory Standard: DDR2-533/PC2-4200

* Hard Drive: 100GB Serial ATA 5400 rpm

* Optical Drive: Combo Drive - CD-RW/DVD-ROM

* Display Screen: 14.1" WXGA Widescreen Active Matrix TFT Color LCD

* Graphics Controller: ATi MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS 200M 256MB Shared

* Display Resolution: 1280 x 800 (Internal)

* Network: Atheros 54Mbps Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g

* Keyboard: Standard Size

* Ports: 1 x VGA

* Ports: 1 x Mini-phone Microphone

* Ports: 1 x Mini-phone Headphone(s)

* Ports: 2 x 4-pin Type A USB 2.0 - USB

* Ports: 1 x RJ-11 Modem

* Ports: 1 x RJ-45 Network

* Ports: 1 x DC Power Input

* Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

* Batteries: 1 x Standard Battery

* Dimensions: 1.46" Height x 14.1" Width x 10.3" Depth

* Standard Warranty: 1 Year(s) Limited

A lot of the times the cheaper laptops don't come through FEDEX/UPS, and are shuffled in with the same merchandise to the floor. The BF items come in on the same trucks, and occassionally get taken out, so you need to pay attention in the backroom. It is the time of year when people steal, return items try to get the money for them to buy the new good stuff for the holidays. It happens all the time. So maybe they were moving them because people are stealing them.

You would be surprised who is stealing this stuff too.