1st time BF'er - Want 22" Westinghouse LCD, what time should I get there?

GryphN

I've never been to a Black Friday sale before... I saw an ad for the 22" Widescreen Westinghouse LCD for $199 and decided I need one. :)

Anyone happen to have any idea when would be a good time to show up? They open at 5am (I'm sure most of you know that though) ...

Also, any suggestions on things to do/bring for the wait? I'd like to bring a folding chair, but I don't know if they'll let me in with it, and I don't want to get out of line to put it back in my truck, ya know? :)

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

--GryphN

I've never been to a Black Friday sale before... I saw an ad for the 22" Widescreen Westinghouse LCD for $199 and decided I need one. :)

Anyone happen to have any idea when would be a good time to show up? They open at 5am (I'm sure most of you know that though) ...

Also, any suggestions on things to do/bring for the wait? I'd like to bring a folding chair, but I don't know if they'll let me in with it, and I don't want to get out of line to put it back in my truck, ya know? :)

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

--GryphN

Welcome to the community! If you want the LCD I would get into line around 7pm to 9pm local time on Thursday. For more tips about what time to get into line or more advice please visit this thread: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=50978

Good Luck and remember that gottadeal.com is open year around!

You really think that early for a non door buster item? I was thinkin about getting there around midnight to get this item myself. There are about 7-8 best buys around pittsburgh so i thought midnight would be an alright time to go.:tired:

Yes I do. You have to take some issues into account that are special for this year like......

* Ads were leaked on this site weeks before BF.

* Best Buy released there ad 5 days before Thanksgiving. Last year and in years past they have always released it in the Tday paper.

* BB and other stores are pushing flat and HDTVs this year. BB CEO in a investor call last month told investors that in the BB culture BF will not be BF but it will be called Flat Friday.

* First time that 32' and 42' will be under $1000.00

There are some factors that I am weighing in when I am telling people what time to get into line.

Good luck!