Is walmart price matching or not?

amyers12345

Guest CS.Dean
My wife called a super Wal Mart here in North Georgia yesterday and ask about PM layaway we have on PSP. They ARE pm there items as long as they are being bought during the time listed on the ad. This has been pretty coomon here for several years. We have 2 spuer stores within the same city so both are in the same district and both will follow the same policy.

As many have said, it's very hit or miss/store by store. I live btwn 2 WMs. The first I called, the operator said they always PM. When pushed, she said she had to ask someone. Not sure whom she asked, but came back & told me no PM on BF. The 2nd store I called, I spoke to an Asst. Mgr. He said they'll PM on BF for exact items only & if I have the ad(s). Guess where I'm going! He was also interested in what I was interested in - LOL.

Woobie

BestBuy has the Panasonic 42 inch for 999--model number TH-42PX60U (the one on the extra special deals). Walmart has a Panasonic 42 inch--model number TH-42PX6U. Almost the same, but missing an 0. Do you think they will let me price match it on BF? Maybe the extra 0 is a typo? Maybe the salesperson will not notice the small difference in model numbers? lol :D

When we called one of our WM's, they said no to PM'ing the ads. Called the other and the lady said that they price match everyday. Ended up going to the one that said they were not PM'ing, since there are other stores pretty much right next to it. The two people in front of us in line were PM'ing everything, and told the cashier that they asked 3 different employees and they said that they were PM'ing today. Of course, we didn't have an ads with us. We went to CC after that, which was mobbed and the lines were not moving, and after about 30-40 minutes, grabbed an ad and went back to WM. Got in the line we were in originally, and the cashier was price matching for the people in front of us to CC's ad. A manager even came over at one point and after a few minutes pretty much okay'ed it. The register in front opened up, so we went to that one, and the cashier said they weren't PM'ing. We pointed to the cashier that was doing it and told her about the manager being there, but she waited to ask someone. Fortunately, the lady she asked said that they were not supposed to, but if it was between 5-11 AM, and it was the exact same item then they would do it. Everything was pm'ed, and then when I went to pay another lady had to come over and the cashier told her she had to do price overrides and the other lady started talking about how they're not allowed to do it today and what-not. WM should have decided on yes or no, not that some people would do it and others wouldn't. I hate going there to begin with, so if they PM'ed people who were in front of me in line, and not me, that would have been the end lol.

Our WM PM'd this morning. While we were checking out the lady behind us asked me if they matched other stores ads and I said yes, and she looked upset. I guess she didn't realize it and so she wasn't prepared. We had the best cashier, she ws so nice. She asked us if she could keep our ads when we were done price matching and since we didn't have any reason to keep them we let her have them.