Anyone from Grand Rapids, MI ?

AaronOnline

I moved here last March to be with the woman I loved (have since got married) and this is my first Black Friday shopping trip both in the area and, well, at all. I plan on going to Best Buy but was wondering if anyone in the are knew how early I should get to the local Best Buy ?

I really would like to be early enough to be near the front since I am rocovering from a broken ankle and a knee surgery so I am on crutches and have my leg in a "boot".. definately don't want to have to run or anything more than need be. haha

Any help is appreciated.

I've been to the BB in Muskegon and the BB on East Beltline, both had really close to 100 people in line at 11pm, if that helps any, BUT...every year BF is becoming more popular, I would say in GR, because they're really arent too many alternatives (OM, OD, CC:yuck: ), probably should try 5 or 6 pm TG Day.

And definitely go to the BB in GR, Muskegon is the worst BF shopping on the planet, ever store except WM is in 1 square mile, with 1 Highway exit, took 35 minutes to get from BB to the mall parking lot, literally 100 feet away.

Well, there are 3 Best Buy stores in GR so I am hoping that will cut down a little on the pileup. I am planning on 10pm TG night to be there but I might cut back to 8 or 9 depending what I see as I check it out from time to time.

Even though it is just one night, I am planning on tenting outside so I can take a nap while I wait so, who knows, might even get their earlier depending what my wife says about it all ya know ?

After dinner with her family, I might have her drop me off and just have her come back later that evening/ early morning to sit with me. I hate this waiting in line stuff which is why I typically sit home all day on BF but, well, I really need the pc and that price is a really good price for what I can afford on workers comp. Would prefer more of a machine for some hardcore gaming and video editing but, well, money is tight and this will do.. especially if I get the x1600 Pro they have on sale also.

Which store do you plan on going to? I've been to the Alpine store for the last 3 years and this has been the results:

1st year: Arrived about three hours before opening (3am, I believe)--first in line

2nd year: Arrived about four hours before opening--about tenth in line and still got everything I was looking for

3rd year: went to CUSA first. Got to BB at about 2am and the line was already wrapped around the building. Shot over to East Beltline and was about 25th in line--got a chance at all ticketted items except the laptop

This year: hard to judge, but since the other ads suck so badly, I'll probably get there between 10 and 11.

If you happen to go to the Alpine store, look for me and I'll let you jump in with me (as long as you're there before 3). I'll be wearing a Univ. of Mich coat and blue headband/ear-warmer. I've been trying to talk family members into coming as a "cart-pusher" anyway :)

HTH

-red

Good to know man.. I will be the tall, fat guy with the crutch (recovering from a broken ankle) , "Big Daddy" jersey, leather coat, and a Detroit hat on.... will be joined later by Redlotus... we can all have a "Black Friday - GottaDeal Party" out there.

Hell, I should bring my grill (it is tiny) with some hotdogs hahaha Sell hot dogs to the people in line for a buck a piece. That would rock !!

P.S.

I went in tonight about 8:15pm and they had a buttload of PCs ready to go... like 20 of each one on sale for Black Friday so it won't be that much of a madhouse... well, maybe for the laptops.. didn't see those but I didn't look for them either since that is not what I am going for. hehe

Beware flying crutches if you plan on buying something I want before me. Haha

Depending on the lighting and the spacing of everyone, I am planning on having my wife take a picture of all of us meeting there through this site to post here and on my website so that should be pretty cool.

If yall see me, be sure to come give me a shout... I described myself earlier in this thread so write it down yall.

Ok, back for a minute. My wife is covering my place in line so I could run home to use the bathroom and get her some coffee. She is so sweet.

There are about 160+ people outside the Best Buy I am at (I am #3 in line woohoo) and it is a crazy, party atmosphere.

I have done 2 interviews for local television and mentioned this site but, that I know of, they did not air me mentioning it. :mad:

However, here is a link where they mention me... http://fox17.trb.com/112306-wxmi-shopping,0,7641919.story?coll=wxmi-home-2

The way things are roped off and whatnot, I should have no problem at all getting everything I came for.

Now the downside, I have been in line since 3:30 this afternoon. Argh ! Drove by to check it out and there were 2 girls there so I said I was going to stay because I knew others would do the same as I and I wanted to be up front.

Hope everyone is staying as warm as possible, it is hellish out there in my area... frost covering the ground already