GBA experience at TRU

jdrd90

:yuck: I called my TRU today and asked if they had all the games and stuff for the GBA bundle pack offered right now for 99.82. They did and told me I could have a blue or pink GB. I was excited, I wanted the pink. Soooo I drive out of my way to pick it up.......When I get there all Hell broke loose :eyepoppin Walking talkies were going off, managers being called, fingers being pointed! I said I wanted the pink one since I was told I could have it, I drove out for that specific reason. The manager wanted the name of the person who told me this ( his name was Josh) I wasn't gonna tell them. The manager did everything but call me a liar. :mad: I said, if I tell you who told me do I get the pink one? They said no. I said , if I tell you does the person who told me get into trouble? They said yes! Now why would I get him in trouble?????? Of course everyone is looking at me like I was a crazy woman lol, but I was PO'd. I bought it, went to the desk and told the manager he was a F.....:eek: I can't believe I did that!!! I feel bad now but geeeeeze, I hate TRU now grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have a similar story to yours about the GBA. There was a Nintendo DS Lite bundle being advertised for this week well it ends tomorrow, but anyway it was the DS Lite, a starter pack and a DS game for 149 i believe. I thought that was a pretty good deal so i went out to Toys R Us the day that ad came out which was Sunday. I told the guy i wanted the black DS and he went and looked and said they didn't have any black ones only white and pink. So i said ok I'll go ahead and take a white one, but can i bring it back sometime this week and exchange it for the black one and he said yea that would be fine as long as it was unopen and i had the receipt.

So Thursday evening i called and was told they had them in. Then this afternoon i went to TRU ready to exchange and be very happy, but of course that was not going to happen. I had to wait in line for more than 10 minutes at the customer service counter because there were only 2 people working that spot and one girl didn't know how to do returns, so i was thinking why is she even at the customer service desk if she can't do returns? Anyway finally i got to go back and get the black one.

So i ask the person working electronics if i can get the Black DS Lite and she says we don't have any. And i said i was told you did. I said i came Sunday when this ad first came out and you guys didn't have them then, i was told you would be getting some in and i could exchange. So i called yesterday and was told again that they were in so here I am and again i am being told that there arent any. She was like "well its hard to unpack stuff in the back and take care of stuff out here with only one person" but she said it really rudely and i just couldn't believe it. So i left there really angry and determined to get my black Nintendo DS if it kills me and never shop TRU again if i can help it. It's a shame because i really used to like TRU.

I think if all gottadealers band together, we can bring them down!!! I love our B&M store, but now I cannot go in there because of the troubles I'm having w/ TRu online and on Coporate. Maybe we should start a poll to see how many people actually still shop with them, and get a TRU exec to look at it! Still doesn't matter, unless they fix the relationship they've already broken, we're through.

I hate to hear your story, I'm doing my best to get the word out.

Anyone wanna picket out there on BF? j/k

I don't TRU will be around for too many years. If they can't do customer service and they prices are not competitive, then why keep them around? Personally, I liked Childrens Palace that was TRU's competition store store. Loved that store, But alas, TRU ran them out of business

I had one great and one awful in the same week.

When we went to pick up the Nintendogs Dalmation version I decided to get a second one, the girl in the games section told me that I could buy the game but the free case was only for people who pre-ordered !! (Thatwasn't what the sale flyer said and to top it off she had 2 full cases of the things sitting right behind the register !!!) I just didn't feel like fighting so I went to our other local TRU and no problems got the game and the case.

Now, at the same TRU where I couldn't get the case the manager let me return my daughter's broken Muichiz Paws game after the company told me they would not replace the item under the limited warranty because my daughter dropped it and it broke.The customer service rep. said that constitutes "misuse". I called TRU and spoke w/ the manager who said no problem, just bring in the toy and the receipt, the new one was waiting @ the customer service desk when I got there !!

Guess the customer service just depends upon who you are dealing with.

I had the good/bad experience at toys r us myself the last couple of weeks..they have been out of a lot of the coupon deals they have sent out for the weekends :mad: but today i went in and got the leap pad system (reg 34.99) with coupon for 19.99 minus a $5 manufacturer coupon and the 5 on 25 (also bought a couple of stocking stuffers) and then used 2 of the free $10 gc from earlier my total cash was $1.31!! But also on the down side the amazing amanda (that has been marked down to $69.99) was sold out as well as the fisher price camera...they told me just to check back that their truck doesn't come on any specific day?? hmmmm i would love to get the doll at that price though.. I have 3 more of the free $10 gc coupons

I worked at TRU in 2002. We were told to ALWAYS say we were out and to come back later. A truck will come on Wed. Trucks do come on Wed. but usually we had toys in the back room, but nobody cared enough to go back there and look for them. In my experience only "certain" people were allowed in the storage room. :rolleyes: I loved working with the customers, it was like shopping! lol The employees were terrible, especially management! :mad: You would think working at TRU would be fun, like Disney World lol but it isn't, it is quite the opposite. Wake up TRU and hire management that cares about the customers!!!!! TRU will not be getting any of my money or the people I shop with on BF (about 15) Walmart will PM what I need. :tongue1:

I worked at TRU in 2002. We were told to ALWAYS say we were out and to come back later. A truck will come on Wed. Trucks do come on Wed. but usually we had toys in the back room, but nobody cared enough to go back there and look for them. In my experience only "certain" people were allowed in the storage room. :rolleyes: I loved working with the customers, it was like shopping! lol The employees were terrible, especially management! :mad: You would think working at TRU would be fun, like Disney World lol but it isn't, it is quite the opposite. Wake up TRU and hire management that cares about the customers!!!!! TRU will not be getting any of my money or the people I shop with on BF (about 15) Walmart will PM what I need. :tongue1:

Last year they had buy 1 get 1 on the duplo blocks. They even had a HUGE sign right in front of the ones I was trying to buying. They kept telling me they were not included. I guess I made so much of a fit they finally gave it to me at the price that was posted on the sign. Sad thing is I kept asking for a manager and no one would get one for me. I was FUMING! We do not have a TRU close by anymore, as we moved and today there were signs at Kmart and Walmart stating they would not price match anything from 11/23 to 11/26. That stinks!

Our last encounter with TRU was horrid, and at this point we won't be going back...ever. Long story, but it involved a bicycle that was defective and could not be assembled. We had the sales receipt and asked for either an exchange or a refund four days after buying the messed-up bike, the manager wanted to argue with us, insisted that his assembler could use some sort of hydraulic tool to bend the damaged fork enough to force the bike together.

I called the manufacturer of the bike from the store and they said that was an absolutely stupid thing to try, as it would both void the warranty and cause possible safety issues, so we said that we didn't want the broken bicycle, just exchange it for the same one or give us our money back. After going around and around with the manager for 15 minutes, I left the store and called another TRU store to get the district office's number, and started the whole complaint process with them.

The manufacturer of the bicycle, after the fifth call to them over the whole fiasco, shipped us a new bicycle overnight via UPS, and all we ended up getting out of TRU was a grudging offer of a refund (after the manufacturer had already replaced the bike) and a $10 off coupon. We won't discuss where I told them to stow the coupon, it wasn't a happy conversation.