Wal-Mart Prices

asweepay

I just came back from WM, I wanted to get the iDog and accessories before BF (I always try and wait for the sale and then not getting it becuz they're gone!). The signage was 1 price and it rang up $5 cheaper! That was on all the iPod accessories. The iDog was signed at 28.97 and it rang for 23.97. Don't know if thats all WM but every little bit helps!:)

that may be a glitch in the system.... thier system does that every now and then, i have been in there to purchase some items and felt like i only needed one and when they rang up cheaper than what was posted.... i go to the car and get right back in line..... thats them hidden easter eggs........................

I was just at Wal-Mart tonight and i wanted to put a couple of iDogs on layaway before the Black Friday rush. Well my mom asked a manager at customer service about putting items in layaway and then getting them price adjusted on BF. He said that was fine that the price would adjust when you came to get the item out. So we grabbed the two iDogs we want to get and took them back to the layaway dept.

Well the person working there scanned it and it scanned up at the BF price of $10. I was like whoa thats cool. But then she said it would not let her make the sale. So she asked a supervisor to come over and check it out. She asked me if it was on clearance and i said no, its marked at 28 bucks. She said that was strange and then she said that there was also nothing on her recall list that would indicate why it would not sell. Finally the other guy came over and he asked another manager over the phone if he knew anything about what was going on with the iDog and the guy told him they were being recalled. I said why is that and they told me it just meant there was something wrong with it so the manufacturer was recalling the product. I left extremely upset.

I mean fine if they don't want to sell it to me at the $10 price right now i can sort of understand that, but not even allowing me to put it in layaway and then outright lying to me is just riduculous and extremely upsetting. I looked on the Hasbro site when i got home and it is most definitly not being recalled, and i checked the Wal-Mart recall list and it's not on there either. My mom sent an email to Hasbro and one to the Wal-Mart headquarters telling them about this. Maybe I'm over-reacting but i hate that they just outright lied to me and said it was being recalled because there was something defective in the iDog. End Rant.

that is the common response walmart associates are told to tell the customers, when something like this happens....basically, the blitz item had been put out, but there is a restriction in the system that will not allow it to be sold or put on layaway.....this is the store's screw up, because they weren't paying attention to what they were stocking. but i do believe all blitz items are restricted through the registers until friday morning. oh, and there is not a recall, just another ploy from walmart.

I'm glad you guys thought that was a little bit outrageous like i did and didn't think i was over-reacting. Just to update the situation, this morning my mother and i went back to the same Wal-Mart armed with the definite assurance that the iDog was in fact not being recalled and also with the printed out version of the Wal-Mart recall list.

We took the exact same iDogs up to the layaway counter and said we wanted to place them on layaway. The cashier rang them up and again it gave the same message. I went to the electronics dept. to see if i could buy one there. So i got the exact same one as the two we had at the layaway counter and went to the electronics checkout counter. The iDog would not ring up there either. So the cashier called a lady over and asked her about it. Finally this lady said (in a whisper because she was sharing secret information with me lol), "you know what, it's not ringing up because this is a blitz item, it's gonna be on sale for 10 bucks the day after thanksgiving, so if you want to wait you can come back then and get it." I was like "oh ok thank you" and went back to layaway.

I was still frustrated but i was relieved that someone had finally told me the truth and not fed me some garbage about the product being recalled. Meanwhile my mom was walking back to toys with the head honcho himself, the store manager, and they were going to check on the iDogs. He was really apologetic and nice and just said that it was a mistake for the associates to tell us that and not check in to it, he said he could understand that we felt like they blew us off. He said if Wal-Mart treated all their customers the way we had been treated they would be out of business. Finally we found out what the problem was.

Apparently the $10 dollar iDogs are in a special black box instead of the white box. Of course the three boxes that we happened to choose were the black ones. The white boxed iDogs were still selling at the normal price but those aren't the ones that will be 10 bucks on BF, just the iDogs in the black boxes. He said that the black box iDogs were out by mistake and he was very sorry he didn't know how that had happened. But he told us all of this, he didn't feed us crap about recalls and such, so i appreciated that very much.

However, i am still really frustrated with Wal-Mart at this point in time so on BF when i go to buy the iDog for my brother, I'll be buying it from Target. Yes its 7 bucks more but i would rather spend 7 extra dollars than be given the run around again. Besides i love Target more than any other store, and my brother really wanted the red one anyway. Thanks for listening everyone.

The same thing happened to me one year on the video now deal. Was that last year?? or the year before.

The shelf tag and it rang up at the black friday price. They wouldn't sell it to me and I was soooooo mad!!They also said they were being recalled which I knew was BS thanks to gottadeal. I pitched a fit and talked with a CSM. I gave her my number and told her I expected a call from the manager the next day.

I got one. He told me it was a Blitz Item (hahahahaha- like I didn't know that) and it shouldn't have been put out on the floor. But, he told me to please come on down and pay the blitz price. :)

I agree they shouldn't have lied to you but please keep in mind that if the register rejects the sale, the cashiers can't override that. Even management can't override it. They should have pulled them all off the shelf, that was poor management by them.

Just wanted to mention an experience from last year. Before BF I had several Layaways at WM. During BF I went to WM with their ad for a special on Build Your Own Lightsaber. I asked for a PM. They Layaway people told me that it would adjust the price when the item was paid for and taken off layaway. A few weeks later I went to pick up the Layaway. And to my surprise it didn't adjust the price.

It might have changed from last year. But, we didn't get the extra discount. If I would have known or been told during BF I would have bought ones then and saved like $10. Just wanted to mention.

Just wanted to mention an experience from last year. Before BF I had several Layaways at WM. During BF I went to WM with their ad for a special on Build Your Own Lightsaber. I asked for a PM. They Layaway people told me that it would adjust the price when the item was paid for and taken off layaway. A few weeks later I went to pick up the Layaway. And to my surprise it didn't adjust the price.

It might have changed from last year. But, we didn't get the extra discount. If I would have known or been told during BF I would have bought ones then and saved like $10. Just wanted to mention.

i think you have to get it out before the sale ends