Anyone get any good deals today?

MarkRaby

I did some shopping again today, just for fun, to see any deals I possibly missed that were somehow still available. Here's what I got:

Best Buy:

Free CD

$125 Home Theater Package ($25 MIR)

$15 Hercules DVD (not on sale)

(10,000 Bonus Reward Zone points for shopping before 10 AM)

Office Max:

$70 DVD/VCR Combo (not on sale)

Media Play:

$45 in books, wrapping paper, and bows -- all at 25% off

Meijer:

$30 Scene It? game

FREE Scene It? Sequel pack

So that's $75+ in additional "Black Friday" savings (after MIR's) that I got today :). The best part was that the stores were not crowded at all.

--Mark--

I went back to the AAFES PX (army post exchange) They had another sale today. Same as yesterday first 100 in the door got a $20 gift card. first 2 hours you got a 10% off any one item. I picked up a Phillips DVD recorder. I found it selling online for $200 to $250 depending on the place. PX had it on sale for $169 knock off 10% takes it to $152 knock off the $20 gift card I got for my time in line to $132 :yelclap: I think I did well. Very pleased. now just waiting to get sharply discounted christmas decorations the day after christmas.

I go some good deals at Aeropostale. They had 30% off the whole store. The clothes that were marked down had a sign that said "Take an extra 30%off" so I thought it was the whole store 30% off but it wasn't they took 30%off and then another 30%off so I got 10 shirts for $30. :)

My daughter and I went to Wal Mart and big lots. They still had the watches, but they were an impulse buy, but I got them anyway--a cute relic for my daughter--it's face is a pink floral that changes, a nice Citizen for my FIL and a cheap $7.99 one for my son (He's lost 4 watches this year). Wal Mart still had loads of everything and were marking stuff down more. The kids tables and chairs were down to $12, the DVD player with the 2 screens was $150 and they still had the RC cars and the LeapPads and the game sets at the regular BF prices. Mine even still had 2 of the Video Now B&W, but everyone's buying the color one.

I will be going to Value City because they have all JNCO hoodies for my son for only $14.99 each. I paid big bucks at Pennys for them. I just saw them advertised today in the Sears ad for 50% off but regularly $50. Great deal at Value City. He has a couple of them but loves the JNCO brand

My son does too--I lucked out about 2 weeks ago and found him a pair of the jeans at Kohl's for $5.00. They were red tagged to $10 and were half off of that!! I wish they would have had more in his size--I would have bought them all :-) these are the skulll ones, not the dragon ones--He has a couple of the dragon hoodies and a skull hoodie. I don't know what it is with the hoodies, but both of my kids love them!!

wE don't have a Value City here. I wish we did. When I go to Louisville to visit my mom and sister I try to scoot over to the one on Dixie to check out the stuff.

Went to Circuit City and bought a 55" Sony LCD Rear Projection tv, stand,and direct tv system complete with an extra HD reciever. Would have loved a straight LCD or plasma...but this was a nice compromise.

Thank goodness for 24 mos no interest.

This is by far the most extravagant thing Ive ever bought. Got $200 off the tv itself at the register, 10% off the stand at the register, and have to mail in for the $150 rebate from the direct tv system, and also mail in a $50 rebate for the HD reciever.

Oh, and thanks to my bronchial infection that wont go away, I am on antibiotics. BUT, my copay is free after my mail in rebate! Does that count? I guess I can always use the extra $15.00. Ive got so many rebates going, I cant keep up. I still have to do the Microcenter rebates for the memory and a Best Buy rebate from a Cyberhome DVD player I bought a month or so ago.

Not me--the only shopping I did today was at Walgreens (buy 1 holiday hair thing get one for a penny and some cute holiday ties that make music when you press the button for my son) while I was waiting for my daughter's antibiotic prescription. She has an upper respiratory infection and can't move her head to her right because of swollen lymph nodes.